Become a Patron!

Smok Procolor shows “Atomizer short”

briand

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Whatsup everyone? Been a member and vaper for awhile, but haven’t been on here in quite some time.

I recently got back into the game, and couldn’t take my eyes off the Smok Procolor kit with the TFV8 Baby tank included.

I got everything home today. Charged my batteries, fired the mod up, got the tank ready with juice, when I screw it down, it says “Atomizer Short” but if I unscrew it about 3/4 of a turn, it works. I’m not at all comfortable vaping with a loose Atomizer. That’s just ridiculous.

I’m running the setup completely stock out of the box as they sent it.

Any ideas what would cause this? I don’t have the means to go buy a random replacement tank right now to try, nor should I have to though.

I’ve loved all my Smok atomizers before, but apparently I should’ve done even more research before buying a Smok mod, as they seem to have a pretty bad rep online.

Thanks guys for any help.

champton

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Try the other coil that came with the device before returning. There's usually 2 coils in the box - one in the tank and one inside the box just underneath the little foam insert that holds the box and keeps it from being jostled around in transit. It could be that just that one coil is defective.

Kevinva

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Whatsup everyone? Been a member and vaper for awhile, but haven’t been on here in quite some time.

I recently got back into the game, and couldn’t take my eyes off the Smok Procolor kit with the TFV8 Baby tank included.

I got everything home today. Charged my batteries, fired the mod up, got the tank ready with juice, when I screw it down, it says “Atomizer Short” but if I unscrew it about 3/4 of a turn, it works. I’m not at all comfortable vaping with a loose Atomizer. That’s just ridiculous.

I’m running the setup completely stock out of the box as they sent it.

Any ideas what would cause this? I don’t have the means to go buy a random replacement tank right now to try, nor should I have to though.

I’ve loved all my Smok atomizers before, but apparently I should’ve done even more research before buying a Smok mod, as they seem to have a pretty bad rep online.

Thanks guys for any help.
The pro color is cool but has problems. I went through three of them before switching to the alien. No replacement yet from Smok.

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It sounds to me like an issue with the center pin in the mod. I had this issue with a pen I used to use and highly recommend returning it. It never got better for me, even when I adjusted the center pin in the mod, it just created more problems. As much as these things cost, you should not put up with a defect, IMHO.

Cozymods

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a Procolor aswell and it does the same exact thing but only with my TV12 tank on. I went back to the shop where i bought the tank, and he put a new coil on it and it's fine now. You should have extra coils with the kit, I'd try changing the coil to see if it helps, if that doesn't work return to the shop where you bought it and ask them to help.. Or if you bought it online return it, but some online sites only allow you to return the product within 24 hours, and if you can't return it go to a vape shop and ask them if you can try one of their sub ohm tank's to see if that fixes it. And last option is go through Smok's warranty. " I bought the Procolor as my first mod. I should've listened to the guy at the vape shop and got the Revenger.. :("

Last edited:

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I had the same thing happen on 2 different Alien 220's a while back using the Smok BBB RBA deck on them.
I put a 1/4 in thick washer between the tank and mod. Problem solved but shouldn't have had to do it.
Only had this problem with the RBA. No problem with factory coil. RBA pushes the center pin down too far.
You would think Smok would have fixed this. I am not the only one who has had this problem.
The Aliens eventually crapped out after 6 months so no worries now.
I'll never use their crap again.

VU Sponsors