Become a Patron!

Smok Rebuildable RBA

Good afternoon all,

I have a wee question, although I'm pretty certain I already know the answer ...

I currently have the Smok X Cube II mod and the TFV4 tank, and at the rate I use it the coils are generally lasting me 4-7 days before I start to get a burnt taste and I have to replace it. Although still way cheaper than smoking, the fact that I am piling through coils relatively quickly is becoming quite expensive, and is making me wonder if I should seriously consider switching to the Smok rebuildable RBA as it will save me quite a bit of cash instead of buying pack after pack of coils.

This has now become even more of serious consideration for me as I have just ordered the TFV8 tank, and the coils for them are even more expensive than the TFV4 ones.

Basically put, if I do switch to the V8-RBA that comes with the tank, is the whole rebuilding process as easy as people make out once you get used to it? How often will I find myself rebuilding it? Will I get the same experience, clouds and taste etc that I do from the premade coils?

I've never used rebuildable coils so I'm naturally a bit wary as to which way to go and hence the questions, any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Stef

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have the tfv4 RBA deck. It works fairly well, you need enough wicking as to not leak but not so much as to dry hit. I'm fairly new to building, I would watch DJLSB Vapes vids on YouTube. He's fantastic! He does a build tutorial for every RTA, RBA, etc. You can learn as I did if you want to. Yes, at first it will cost to buy everything you need to build but in the end you save a lot of money. Especially with the FDA upcoming regs in the USA coils & such would probably exact a high tax. Hope this helps. I don't have the TFV8 tank but it should pretty much be the same.

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rebuilding is pretty easy. Once you find a coil build you like, the coil lasts months. Just need to clean and re-wick weekly atleast.

IDK about the v8, but my experience is with the v4. The stock coils and the rba are 2 different beasts entirely. Really only so much you can do with the v4 rba deck. Maybe better on the v8? Not sure. But if you are using their stock coils, you might be a bit disappointed in the rba.

My guess is you will build on it for a while, then eventually get a good RTA. Tanks that have stock coils and rba, the rba is not really what it is designed for. An RTA is designed only to be rebuilt, so it is all around better to build on IMHO.

Edit: just looked at the v8 rba. Huge improvement over the v4 it seems. Much better design. Should be easy to build and get pretty good performance depending on your build.

The tfv8 rba is far better than the tfv4. Tons more room to build, massive juice wells. It can be tricky to wick it right so you don't get leaks. The octo coils will burn thru fluid like crazy. The quad coils are better on juice consumption and flavor in my opinion. The rba is the way to go unless you just want huge clouds.
I'm Using the v8 rba at 0.28 running 85w and its really nice. You don't have to run it that high, it all depends on your build.

Vape7od

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I dont have experience with any Smok tanks but i will tell you what i do know..since i bought my first rta i havent been able to bring myself to buy another tank that isnt rebuildable if you are a handy guy thanuou should have no problem learning how to build. Each deck is slightly diff but there are tutorials for everything on youtube. You may be able to get away with only building a deck every few months but if your like me then youll build way more often than that just because its fun to do.. And from my experience the vape you get will be more enjoyable than and pre-made coil head.. And there is a certain pride and satisfaction when you first vape something you have built.so i say go for it hands down..i dont think youll be disappointed.. 'Peace ✌ and no leaks'

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors