Become a Patron!

Smok Stick Prince Issues

Hi guys, I'm not exactly new to vaping but I am new to this vape in particular, I changed out my coil because the old one seemed to be burnt, but now my vape doesn't seem to be hitting properly, it's leaking through the air ports and around the bottom of the tank and the light on the button keeps blinking when I try to hit it almost as if it isn't charged but it is, help would be greatly appreciated. Side note: I have taken it apart and put it back together probably 3 or 4 times now and I just can't figure out what's wrong

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If ejuice got in the board and is causing it to mess up..
You might try washing down the circuit board board in 90% isopropyl alcohol and let tit it dry for a day before putting in any batteries.
About the only thing I can think of.

JSpring

Member For 3 Years
Since there is no display screen, the battery will just flash to communicate an error. It could be that the coil is defective and is not being read properly. Before anything drastic, I would try a new coil to see if that helps.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Instead of just throwing your money away like the real helpful first suggestion states. Since it is leaking after you changed the coil you either damaged or misplaced an O-Ring. Take it apart (The Tank) and check the newly replaced coil. Good Luck

:vino: We will get you back vaping on your SMOK Product~! I am using one right now in TC which assholes say doesn't work but it works great for me.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I am using one right now in TC which assholes say doesn't work but it works great for me.

I am sincerely glad it works well for you. Not tried TC so I've kind of skirted having any opinion of it, meaning I'm not saying anything on it. I generally dislike using regulated devices, TC or not. For me regulated devices always seem to turn into bricks. If they suit you, happy for you. :)

Not writing this to stir flames. Writing it to hopefully be clear in what I say and mean. I'm not at war with anyone that vapes nor do I intend to be. I'm glad you vape instead of smoke.

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
The coil has a defect and prob isn't seating correctly. Would b my guess as the issue started after changing out coils.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Smok makes it no fun to open up their sticks.

Yeah, I've been debating opening the M22 I got here. Even after I've bought a tool to possibly do so. I talk myself into it and just as quick talk myself out of it.

Then, some mornings the "gee I wanna know what's in there" factor outweighs better judgment. After taking out all the seeming "framing" screws externally you realize it still will not come apart as easily as you thought. Bah, it'll collect dust.

Last edited:

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I opened a smok v9 max. But i work in a metal machine shop so i literally made a tool to exact spec in order to open it. Lol.
Looking back it seems i got paid to mess with it. Lol

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I opened a smok v9 max. But i work in a metal machine shop so i literally made a tool to exact spec in order to open it. Lol.
Looking back it seems i got paid to mess with it. Lol

Well I think I might have paid $4 for a disassembly screw driver, one of those cheapy ones with different bits that go into a slotted blank and handle. I got all the screws out except the 510. The bottom and top plates are not budging. Ooops, take that back ... ahhhhhh need to explore.

I forgot the ever so technical, ... gentle thump on an palm heel.

Figure out what the problem is/was. Silly me screwed the 510 connector in too far. It unset the spring that was housing it. Fixable? Maybe but not sure I want to bother.

Last edited:

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
The v9 i disassembled is a tube(ish). And i didnt want to scratch it up. Pain in the ass. But its 100% perfect still. Can pass as brand new, looks n vaping

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Factory Smok coils have ALWAYS had an issue with the negative lead, where it attaches to the housing of the coil. It's too long #1, and #2, it's bent down, pushing the main sealing o-ring out of position. This condition can cause a short, a loss of connection with the coil, and leaking. Google "fixing leaking smok coil" and you will find oodles of videos showing the same method how to fix it. Hope this helps

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/wts-wtt-aspex-performance-coils.434798/

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The v9 i disassembled is a tube(ish). And i didnt want to scratch it up. Pain in the ass. But its 100% perfect still. Can pass as brand new, looks n vaping

That M22 is one of the box style. So now, got "Big Papa" sitting here telling me he needs to go walk.

VU Sponsors