Become a Patron!

Smok stick V8 Kit, problems with vapor production

Hey all,

Relatively new to vaping and have the smok V8 kit with big baby beast tank. I use Natur Sweet Tobacco (3 nicotine).

My problem is the vapor production is not the same as when I first got the kit. Even fully charged I get weaker production, and within a day it gets to be almost wet and hot vapor. The coils 0.15ohm V8 Baby-M2 Dual Core, last me probably 3 days when I was told they would last weeks.

I can't seem to figure out what the issue is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Have you tried a new coil?

Sure, they are supposed to last awhile, but if you accidentally burned the wick, that would defiantly affect your vapor production.

Thanks for the response! How could I be burning the wicks?

I prime the coil pretty good and wait at least 5 minutes before vaping.

It leaks sometimes too.

Could it be the battery? I leave it charging over night and sometimes use before it's fully charged (it's my only device). I don't vape all day but the sessions are pretty long when I do and constant vaping.

The juice is 90 VG or so and light brown in color.

Are there any things I should definitely avoid doing with battery/ coils/ etc?

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
close your air flow completely off before filling, that should cure the leaking. If not, make sure your coil is seated properly. It should be finger tight and snug.
The battery should be fine, it is pretty new and those AIO mods are set, so you can't over stress your battery.
Perhaps the constant vaping? Do you find you get a bit of a harsh feeling in your throat sometimes after you have been vaping awhile? If not, don't worry about it, if you are, that is likely the cotton smoldering a bit. I get the same thing on my RDA if i vape to long without dripping. Like one hit away from that dreaded "dry hit" lol.

You might also try a 0.3 ohm coil. You still get good clouds, but the juice doesn't burn quite as fast, so you wick doesn't dry out as much, plus, the battery will last a bit longer.
This is about the only things I can think of. Those "simple" mods are usually to simple. For now, you can also try adding maybe 2 drops of water (filtered or distilled preferred) to your juice. 90 VG is just to high for those factory coils. 20pg/80vg would wick better. For the juice you have now, you could try 5 drops of water for every 10ml of juice, that is cutting it by 2.5% You can make adjustments as you go, like 1 drop at a time, or 2 if you still find it really thick. This is just a "fix" for the juice you have now.. Try 20/80 for your next batch.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Are there any things I should definitely avoid doing with battery/ coils/ etc?
Just the standard stuff.. only use the proper charger. Don't carry it in your pocket with loose change and keys, avoid carrying in a pocket where it could get bent and short. Turn the mod off when you aren't vaping it (like when you are carrying it around in a pocket of something). I find that a simple toothbrush travel case sometimes works quite nicely.

Hey guys I think it may be the coils. The pack I bought are x4s and the kit comes with M2s (1 big hole instead of two little ones) the M2s never gave me this much trouble, could it be the smaller holes on the x4 just don't work as well? Haven't gotten new M2s yet so don't know for sure but it's the current theory

wert

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Either coil will work really well on the stick using a 50/50 juice.
That's what we use successfully

I use 70pg/30vg with m2 coils, coils last 15-20 days. If your coils cotton gets dirty/burnt, I run it under hot water for 10 mins until white and air dry for a few days, you get another 5-10 days outta it. Only problem I had with the v8 big baby is if you don’t have a tight seal with the coils it will leak out of the air holes. Also I made the mistake of not prime the cotton the first time and the coils burnt, then I just use the hot water to fix it and I got about 10 days extra. Also buy extra glass tubes, I drop mine recently and leaks but still works. I ended up buying another v8 stick as a backup since my glass replacement is still on order.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Hey guys I think it may be the coils. The pack I bought are x4s and the kit comes with M2s (1 big hole instead of two little ones) the M2s never gave me this much trouble, could it be the smaller holes on the x4 just don't work as well? Haven't gotten new M2s yet so don't know for sure but it's the current theory

Well there is your problem right there. That coils for that kit (the m2s) were specifically designed for that kit and tank.
"utilizes the new 0.15ohm and 0.25ohm Baby-M2 Coil Head, specifically made for the direct voltage based systems" Exert from https://www.elementvape.com/smok-stick-v8-kit-pen-style-cloud-beast?enter=true

VU Sponsors