Become a Patron!

Smok stick V8 mod problem

Hello everyone, my friends stick v8 mod is not working, we bought them at the same time and his fire button was acting weird after a few weeks and now 2 months along the way mine is still good and his won't fire, nothing happens, he presses the button, no lights, no hissing popping sound, nothing and it's fully charged, how can he fix it, if there is a way to get into the mod does anybody know how?

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Sounds like good ole smok quality control. Seriously, I like smok but they are shit in that department. I personally don't know if that can be fixed, but maybe some one else does, sorry. Hope he has another mod to vape on though.

IKR!!! I've had like 5 dud coils out of 10, I'll just tell my friend to buy a new one, he is new to vaping and so am I, I don't want him to be discouraged and go back to cigarettes, unfortunately he doesn't have another mod, he's just gonna have to get a new one then..

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
IKR!!! I've had like 5 dud coils out of 10, I'll just tell my friend to buy a new one, he is new to vaping and so am I, I don't want him to be discouraged and go back to cigarettes, unfortunately he doesn't have another mod, he's just gonna have to get a new one then..

Yeah I've had my share of fucked coils, after the most recent duds, I said fuck it and ordered the RBA deck from fasttech. Hope y'all find something good dude, I recommend something from eleaf. Welcome to VU, happy vaping :)

Valbunny

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just wished to step here and say my very first mod was a SMOK V8 Stick, the battery ended up shorting somehow I don't know. So I went back to the shop I bought it from, new refunds of course, however they did offer to give the display model battery... WIN!! So I took that and picked up another V8 Stick. Second battery was bad also (the one from the display model) but the new one seemed to work fine, however the little USB cord broke, so I was like whatever, I will buy a new mod. Ended up getting a SMOK Alien, has been good so far, about five weeks or something. Though I am already looking to upgrade, and was interested in eleaf. So long story short, aha I have had a bad experience with the V8 Stick, and was also going to eleaf.

**Yes I did change shops, hate that place** ^^
***I mean crap, my SMOK Alien seems to be on its way to breaking right now, not sure if it is the battery (that i might have fried yesterday) or just the mod.***

Yeah I've had my share of fucked coils, after the most recent duds, I said fuck it and ordered the RBA deck from fasttech. Hope y'all find something good dude, I recommend something from eleaf. Welcome to VU, happy vaping :)
Thanks man, I actually got a smok RBA for myself and a coil build kit, as well as some cotton bacon and kanthal 24 AWG wire, my friend says he is moving onto kanger now haha

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Thanks man, I actually got a smok RBA for myself and a coil build kit, as well as some cotton bacon and kanthal 24 AWG wire, my friend says he is moving onto kanger now haha

Kanger is good too, just make sure he don't end up with a clone, alot of people like to fake stuff from kanger.

Just wished to step here and say my very first mod was a SMOK V8 Stick, the battery ended up shorting somehow I don't know. So I went back to the shop I bought it from, new refunds of course, however they did offer to give the display model battery... WIN!! So I took that and picked up another V8 Stick. Second battery was bad also (the one from the display model) but the new one seemed to work fine, however the little USB cord broke, so I was like whatever, I will buy a new mod. Ended up getting a SMOK Alien, has been good so far, about five weeks or something. Though I am already looking to upgrade, and was interested in eleaf. So long story short, aha I have had a bad experience with the V8 Stick, and was also going to eleaf.

**Yes I did change shops, hate that place** ^^
***I mean crap, my SMOK Alien seems to be on its way to breaking right now, not sure if it is the battery (that i might have fried yesterday) or just the mod.***
Well seems like they just don't work as well as advertised it seems, mine is working perfectly though, don't know what the heck is wrong with the other stick V8's but mine is still in perfect working order, I did break my glass tube from a 3ft fall however but it was sorted after I bought replacements, and also I'm moving onto the procolor, I haven't heard anything bad about them yet and I ordered it already should be arriving in a week or so..

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
I heard, well I don't know how to tell if it's a clone or not, do you know?

Sadly no, but I believe if you buy from fasttech, as long as you look for "authentic" you should be fine. Do a little looking around, maybe someone has figured out how to spot the fakes.

Well seems like they just don't work as well as advertised it seems, mine is working perfectly though, don't know what the heck is wrong with the other stick V8's but mine is still in perfect working order, I did break my glass tube from a 3ft fall however but it was sorted after I bought replacements, and also I'm moving onto the procolor, I haven't heard anything bad about them yet and I ordered it already should be arriving in a week or so..
I actually say this because I'm confident enough in myself to start using mods that I can build stuff with and adjust to my liking, ya know

Valbunny

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

My second V8 Stick is still working fine as far as I know, haven't used it in awhile. I am currently using the Alien 220, and while I have had inconveniences, I think it is working fine. I would have purchased the ProColor had I not jumped to the alien so quickly, and done a little more research. However I do plan to upgrade in a year or so, not sure which brand I will go to, but haven't really had a TON of problems with SMOK. My husband has a Priv V8 that seems to be working perfectly fine. :)

VU Sponsors