Become a Patron!

Smok Stick V8 Starter Kit (RBA)

Bardiel003

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I honestly wouldn't recommend it. The smok v8 pen isn't compatible with that. Reason why it is limited on what it can do. I recommend buying a mod in order to do rba/rds/rta.

thanks for your reply. so i cant do the RBA but is there any way i can still make my own coils for it? RDT or RTA i just dont want to keep ordering coils for it. Shipping takes so long to get here plus it going to start adding to the cost, they say a coil every week. Im new to vaping and did not know what kind of mod would be best for me. i kind of thought you can add coil building to any mod

Bardiel003

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I understand. That's why I started building lol. The thing is the vape pen you have isn't regulated meaning: it's goes up to a certain amount of voltage. Ig you were to out in a single coil build reading as. 5 ohms. You might blow up (ish) because it would require more to ramp it up. Imo for best to start I would recommend tarot nano : 80w, goes up to 6amps. Has safety features that if it's too hot, vape too long, it would cut off so you don't get into any serious injury. That mod is regulated meaning you can adjust the wattage and the power of your coil builds.

Bardiel003

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I see where you getting at and I wanted to build asap lol. But for unregulated devices you want to be becareful of. If you want to build start slow and small. Yes the tfv8 beast lines does have a rba deck but again you want to becareful when putting it in a unregulated mod (vape pen, your v8 pen) plus you need the equipment (look at coil masters kit), wires (kanthal is easy to start with), and a ohm reader to tell you of that. I used my tarot nano and or use any mod to build and read as a ohm reader.

Bardiel003

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
^this is quite a lot lol I know. But baby steps. This is my work station lol (ignore the bottles
9d421c8f32f7a4239f091ac726c2aff7.jpg

ahh okay sweet thanks for the info that makes more seance. i do have my amazon cart full of DIY coil stuff lol , thats why i wanted more info before i jump the gun and order it just to find out it was a wast of money. thanks again

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
My favorite mod so far is Segelei Kaos Spectrum. 230 watts, 2 removable rechargable batteries and a usb port (in case you dont own a charger, which i recommend getting asap)
That will handle the tank you have with the RBA and numerous others, such as Ijoy RDTA Combo. (which beats cloud beast) It is basically an RDA with a tank underneath.. so no dripping.. just tilt as you vape.

Mine cost me $100 Canadian at my local shop.
Advantage.. build anything you want. Remember though.. it isnt about power or resistance or wraps, its about building a coil to max performance. A 6 wrap coil will perform better than an 8 wrap *8 wraps tend to burn in the middle at higher power, faster than the 6* Which is important if you want Clouds Bro. lol

DUDE! that looks prefect. sold out on 180 smoke, but thats okay because i just dropped about $200 on my MOD and oils, and im still waiting for them to get here so convincing the wife that i need to spend another $200 right now for a MOD, tank, and batteries will be outside the realm of possibility. so what about the charger? should i just get the one that comes with the batteries like this one for example or do i need to get a better one. i dont want to over charge or damage the battery by using a cheep charger. in the like above if you look that an option to upgrade your charger. what do you think?

I'm late to this party but wanted to comment for when people find this later. You absolutely can use the RBA head or any RDA / RTA / RDTA on the Smok V8 Stick. It says it chooses the proper voltage for your coils and while no one knows what the hell that means, it isn't a true mechanical mod. It does have circuitry that will not let you fire coils that are unsafe and also shuts itself off when it gets below 3.4 volts. It is, for all practical purposes, a 3000 mah 18650 with 20A continuous current and regulated mod safety features. Feel free to experiment with builds all you want on it. It will not let you short anything out or blow it up. Also one of the Baby M2 coils designed specifically for the V8 Stick is a .15 ohm coil. So it can handle low builds.
I've been using a Wotofo Lush Plus RDA on mine as well as a Ijoy Limitless XL RTA (which looks silly due to being huge) for months and they work fine.
One word of advice though: use low mass / low heat capacity coil builds on it or you will be waiting several seconds to get up to vaping temperature when you push the fire button. Stick with simple round wire builds (like dual 7 wrap 2.5mm ID 24ga nichrome) or small gage clapton / fused clapton builds. In the Wotofo RDA I have on it at the moment I'm using dual Nichrome80 5 wrap 2.5mm ID coils made of 30ga x 3 + 38ga wrap fused clapton wire. Comes out to .23 ohms and only has about a 1.5 second ramp - up time which isn't bad and has great flavor and clouds. The key is to build low heat capacity coils like you would for a mechanical tube mod. Don't try using huge juggernaut or huge fused aliens on the V8 Stick or you will be disappointed with how sluggish the performance is. But it's a great mod to practice mechanical tube mod builds because it won't let you do anything stupid. It will refuse to fire if you did something wrong.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors