Become a Patron!

Smok TFV 12 and Cleito 120 issues on Smok Mag mod

I have a brand new Smok Mag mod, Smok TFV12 tank and a brand new Aspire Cleito 120 tank. If I use the Cleito on my Smok Mag mod it fires randomly but most of the time says either "Coil Short" or "Voltage too Low" but will eventually hit. After about 30 puffs it will start popping lightly and quit hitting at all. I've even tried both coils that came with the tank. On the Smok TFV12 I constantly get leakage from the air flow holes at the bottom. I have changed the o-rings even though it is a brand new tank but it still leaks. I may have to go back to my Aspire Nautilus tank that I used on my old mod, at least I never had any issues with it other than wimpy cloud and very little taste.

Any ideas or advise?

Thanks in advance,
Fuzzy

Last edited:

JSpring

Member For 3 Years
That is pretty strange, and I'm sorry to hear that. I know this wont fix the connection issue, but are you making sure you are vaping that a the wattage printed on the coils, and for the cleito 120 and TFV12 are vaping them straight to lung and not MTL like the nautilus?

For the connection (cant guarantee this will work, but it fixes my connection issues) try removing the tank, pressing the fire button to reset the reading to 0.00, and re-seat the tank. Select the resistance (new/old) that matches the coil resistance closest. Maybe that will help.

Sometimes the readings dont change when you change your coil or tank causing reading issues.

Buddha222

Chainvaping through the fog ....
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I don't have the Mag, but I have three different Smok TFV12 tanks (the Cloud Beast King, Prince, and Resa Prince), and the Cleito 120.

With the Cleito, it might be a 510 legnth issue - try unscrewing it so it's not all the way tight on the 510. See if it will fire ok with it partially screwed in. I'm not sure if the 510 is adjustable on the Mag.

Smok tanks are prone to leaking out of the vent holes, especially with the coils that come with the tanks. They are often the 'B' grade ones compared to the coils you buy separately.

A couple of issues can cause leaks right through the coil - a high PG juice may be too thin for the tank and leak right through the coil. To quote a vape site on the Smok TFV12 Prince "It is a sub ohm tank and should be used with higher VG liquids for optimum performance."

It's also recommended that you close the vents when filling the tank, and when you're not using it, and keep it upright at all times. There's a vacuum effect with these tanks, and back-pressure can cause it to leak.

There are other things that can cause leaks - Smok's website has an FAQ for it HERE. You can also google 'Smok Tank Leak' for other fixes.

I don't have the Mag, but I have three different Smok TFV12 tanks (the Cloud Beast King, Prince, and Resa Prince), and the Cleito 120.

With the Cleito, it might be a 510 legnth issue - try unscrewing it so it's not all the way tight on the 510. See if it will fire ok with it partially screwed in. I'm not sure if the 510 is adjustable on the Mag.

This could very well be it since I tend to screw things in fairly tight.

Smok tanks are prone to leaking out of the vent holes, especially with the coils that come with the tanks. They are often the 'B' grade ones compared to the coils you buy separately.

This could be the issue since it is using the original coils that came with the TFV Prince kit.

A couple of issues can cause leaks right through the coil - a high PG juice may be too thin for the tank and leak right through the coil. To quote a vape site on the Smok TFV12 Prince "It is a sub ohm tank and should be used with higher VG liquids for optimum performance."

I'm using a 60/40 juice at the moment.

It's also recommended that you close the vents when filling the tank, and when you're not using it, and keep it upright at all times. There's a vacuum effect with these tanks, and back-pressure can cause it to leak.

I have not been closing the vents when filling the tank not have I been closing them when not in use so I will start doing these 2 things immediately.

While I do keep it upright as much as possible, I never lay it on it's side at all.

There are other things that can cause leaks - Smok's website has an FAQ for it HERE. You can also google 'Smok Tank Leak' for other fixes.

I have read the FAQ and searched for "SMOK TFV 12 Pirince tank leaks" and they both lead me right back here to VU eventually. LOL

When I changed out the original o-rings with the set provided in the kit I did find a piece of o-ring stuck in one of the vents although the set in tank nor the set I put in the tank showed any damage what so ever which totally had me baffled unless it came from the factory that way.

Thank you for your replay as well as thank you to the others that have replied.

SMOK Mag 225W TC Box Mod is made with a futuristic control face along the trigger-inspired chassis, streamlined with a comfortable palm rest and an oversized firing switch.

And they are either made bass ackwards or what I bought as a right handed version is really a left handed version as the screen is on the side facing my palm when I hold it in my right hand. LOL

That is pretty strange, and I'm sorry to hear that. I know this wont fix the connection issue, but are you making sure you are vaping that a the wattage printed on the coils, and for the cleito 120 and TFV12 are vaping them straight to lung and not MTL like the nautilus?

For the connection (cant guarantee this will work, but it fixes my connection issues) try removing the tank, pressing the fire button to reset the reading to 0.00, and re-seat the tank. Select the resistance (new/old) that matches the coil resistance closest. Maybe that will help.

I tried this and it gave me an even higher reading. :(

Sometimes the readings dont change when you change your coil or tank causing reading issues.

If I can set the resistance on the mod I don't know how and it's not in the manual that came with it or the manual online at SMOK. I have been keeping the wattage usually right in the middle of the coils suggested range printed on the coil. I am vaping them both straight to the lung, I think that is one thing that makes me like these so much better than the Nautilus.

Thank you for your suggestions and I will try the ones that I haven't tried already. I seems to be leaking through the air flow slots on the TFV12 but it doesn't seem to be an o-ring that needs to be changed although I'm thinking of changing them all again just to be sure I didn't get defective o-rings as well as the coil when I can buy new ones.

I love both tanks and the mod but I really love the TFV12 tank the most.

Thanks for your reply and suggestions.

VU Sponsors