Become a Patron!

smok TFV12 cloud beast king and heat!

wert

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Greetings fellow vapists!

Straight to the point.

My tfv12 gets super hot after 3 puffs at a mild 175w on a g private mod?

So hot there's no way I'm sticking that thing in my pocket I mean damn! I've swapped back to my trusty tfv8 big baby beast who remains cool even during chain vape sessions at break times during work.

I've ordered a heat sink in the hope that I may get more puffing out of the 12 but I can't see it making all that much difference seeing how servers this tank conducts the heat!

Anyone got any suggestions or comments?

Am I right in assuming that this immense heat so close to two lions is very risky buisiness? Is my mod with the 12 just a war head in my pocket or what?

Cheers from oz!

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
it's a huge tank with huge coils and your vaping at a high wattage.
I really don't recommend vaping over 150 on a dual battery mod. but really depends on your batteries (i'm hoping good ones)
But either way it's gonna be really hot. as in hot to the touch. it's the nature of high watt tanks

Straight to the point.

So hot there's no way I'm sticking that thing in my pocket I mean damn! I've swapped back to my trusty tfv8 big baby beast who remains cool even during chain vape sessions at break times during work.

I've ordered a heat sink in the hope that I may get more puffing out of the 12 but I can't see it making all that much difference seeing how servers this tank conducts the heat!

Am I right in assuming that this immense heat so close to two lions is very risky buisiness? Is my mod with the 12 just a war head in my pocket or what?

Cheers from oz!

Hey brother, I found similar thing, coils getting too hot and tasting crap compared to tfv8. It leaks bad and took 2 nights of soaking and priming to get cotton saturated. I had to run at 200 on any coil to get quick ramp up. Send it back and get the tfv12 prince. That's what I am going to do.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey brother, I found similar thing, coils getting too hot and tasting crap compared to tfv8. It leaks bad and took 2 nights of soaking and priming to get cotton saturated. I had to run at 200 on any coil to get quick ramp up. Send it back and get the tfv12 prince. That's what I am going to do.
I have the tfv12 prince and it's way better than tfv12. You only need to vape at 80 watts to get decent flavour and clouds.
It was my favourite tank of 2017 actually. 100% recommend

Danimal77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Get 1of the rba bases and use out as an rta im using the triple coil rba at about 100w and its a great vape. (Only had it for the day and have not put a coil in it)

Obsidian...

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If you're using a t12 coil you're going to run into that. 6 dual coils with not much room between the coil and the glass makes it tricky. Not to mention that is a lot of wire to have to ramp up, especially when you're trying to run a 2 battery mod at that wattage.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Racer5w

Member For 1 Year

Youd be better off finding a mod that has adjustable ramp to preheat the coils for you, that way you wont have to vape at such a high wattage. My Sigelei 220w has that feature and the TFV8 Cloud Beast RBA works really well in it at around 80-100w, i have the ramp set to 150w for .2sec and i love it

Racer5w

Member For 1 Year

Straight to the point.

Cheers from oz!

There is nothing mild about 175w lol. See if your mod has adjustable ramp up to preheat your coils....it will let you vape at lower wattage that way. Anything that 100+ watts is going to get hot quickly, especially if you chain vape alot

The_Vapor_Logs

Member For 1 Year
175w, you must be cloud chasing im guessing? i can run my tfv12 dual coils 0.15 ohms at 100w and it gets hot enough to kick off the vaporesso mod after about 5 "clouds"...

Maybe look into a heatsink?
I have a wismec x300 in the mail, should be here this week so im interested on this subject as well as i'm sure ill be cranking up my tfv12 too :)

Obsidian...

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
175w, you must be cloud chasing im guessing? i can run my tfv12 dual coils 0.15 ohms at 100w and it gets hot enough to kick off the vaporesso mod after about 5 "clouds"...

Maybe look into a heatsink?
I have a wismec x300 in the mail, should be here this week so im interested on this subject as well as i'm sure ill be cranking up my tfv12 too :)

I highly suggest adding Artic Fox custom Firmware. They are supporting the RX300. Having the ability to preheat etc on a Wismec device is key. If you need any info just let me know.

The_Vapor_Logs

Member For 1 Year
I highly suggest adding Artic Fox custom Firmware. They are supporting the RX300. Having the ability to preheat etc on a Wismec device is key. If you need any info just let me know.
I have AF installed on my 2 picos, and that there is a great idea! thanks for the offer to help, I may need a little guidance with the tc stuff.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Have a Kooper Primus that preheats the TFV12 like a boss and you can run it hot at really high wattage to make it hit like a bus. My wife calls it a fog machine. 20-30 minutes and the house looks like a bar with that layer of lingering smoke. Rarely ever do that except when wanting to blow it her face from across the room.

Obsidian...

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have AF installed on my 2 picos, and that there is a great idea! thanks for the offer to help, I may need a little guidance with the tc stuff.
That's great to hear! I just hate it when people get a mod and run it stock (and end up hating it) when there is much better FW out there. Especially when needing to preheat non TC coils
Have a Kooper Primus that preheats the TFV12 like a boss and you can run it hot at really high wattage to make it hit like a bus. My wife calls it a fog machine. 20-30 minutes and the house looks like a bar with that layer of lingering smoke. Rarely ever do that except when wanting to blow it her face from across the room.
I have my bed next to my window, with a dual window fan that's constantly on, to push the vapor out. Unfortunately it's to the front yard of my house (God only knows what my neighbors think). I also have 3 air purifiers throughout my house as well. While they work good VG destroys all filters and that has gotten costly lol.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I have never noticed any difference in air quality from vaping. What does the VG do to the filters? I work from home and chain vape from the time I wake up until I go to sleep and still changing air filters on regular scheduled rotation and no noticeable effects. Could this be something else? You are releasing essentially water vapor after it has left your lungs.

Obsidian...

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have never noticed any difference in air quality from vaping. What does the VG do to the filters? You are releasing essentially water vapor after it has left your lungs.

Oh it has nothing to do with Air Quality at all. It is just about the amount of VG in the cloud (and the lingering effect it has in the house). Unfortunately you aren't exhaling water vapor and the VG you do exhale sticks to the walls, windows etc...

I should clarify that I am exhaling directly towards the air filters. I am a bit of a chain vapor and that causes those filters to soak that all up and concentrate it back into VG. Which causes the filters to degrade fast.

The_Vapor_Logs

Member For 1 Year
Oh it has nothing to do with Air Quality at all. It is just about the amount of VG in the cloud (and the lingering effect it has in the house). Unfortunately you aren't exhaling water vapor and the VG you do exhale sticks to the walls, windows etc...
I should clarify that I am exhaling directly towards the air filters. I am a bit of a chain vapor and that causes those filters to soak that all up and concentrate it back into VG. Which causes the filters to degrade fast.

High nicotine content?

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT

Never experienced that. I am a 3/6 nic and favor 80+ VG. I regularly have a haze that lingers in my office about eye level and windows stay clean and walls as well. This has to have something to do with the moisture/humidity mix and your relation to the window unit.

Obsidian...

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
High nicotine content?

I vape 1.5mg. It doesn't stain the walls etc, just sticks to them. Which causes dust etc to then collect on those things and they simply need to be wiped off.

Never experienced that. I am a 3/6 nic and favor 80+ VG. I regularly have a haze that lingers in my office about eye level and windows stay clean and walls as well. This has to have something to do with the moisture/humidity mix and your relation to the window unit.

I also run a DIY Shop so we deal with this sort of thing on a Massive scale (with our retail B&M Store). Where our warehouse/E commerce etc building doesn't see nearly as much. So it is definitely a quantity thing. My filters getting hit so hard is due to me not wanting a lot of clouds in the air around my young son (not that it is harmful but simply so that the air is clear). Which is also why I blow the clouds directly at the fan and out the window.

But you are correct about one thing. The weather I live in contributes a lot to it. I'm in a cold/dry environment all winter.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Makes sense. I likely do not experience that because I have 14-20' ceilings for high volume rooms and 1 person chain vaping.

Obsidian...

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Makes sense. I likely do not experience that because I have 14-20' ceilings for high volume rooms and 1 person chain vaping.
Definitely. My house is fine because of the same reasons (though only 10' ceilings). It was knowing the effect it had on the shop that got me to over due it at home.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I wonder now if that haze that gets on the inside of my vehicles windshield is what you describe on your AC filter. I always just chalked it up to getting dirty and never put much thought into it.

Obsidian...

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I wonder now if that haze that gets on the inside of my vehicles windshield is what you describe on your AC filter. I always just chalked it up to getting dirty and never put much thought into it.
That is exactly what it is! (Btw I was talking about stand alone air filters *link, not the filter on my HVAC (AC/Heat) whole house filter)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00B...=4F6CSY3WK488CWBQ91GR&dpPl=1&dpID=81x2xekZ-hL

my windshield is so bad lmao, plus its winter here so it frosts up, waaay worse then when i smoked, but i blow big clouds in there lol

I should probably wipe my windshield...
Yeah that's the first place we all noticed it. After we quit smoking we all cleaned our windows really well and were surprised to get film on them again (not nearly as bad or as soon). But since it's not cancerous, combusted tar residue it's all good.

VU Sponsors