Become a Patron!

Smok tfv12 cloud beast king

I just got this tank kit and I've already burned all three of the different coils it came with in 5 days. I'm using bad drip 70/30 juice at 90 - 100 watts. Do these coils just suck or can I fix this somehow

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just got this tank kit and I've already burned all three of the different coils it came with in 5 days. I'm using bad drip 70/30 juice at 90 - 100 watts. Do these coils just suck or can I fix this somehow
It depends on your liquid and how you go about breaking in the coil. I've had them last for over a month.

They make mesh coils for this tank now. People seem to really love them. I saw them at VapoRider. Mesh coils in my experience last over twice as long. Maybe you will have better luck with them if you get some.

101vape

VU Vendor Employee
VU Vendor Employee
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It depends on your liquid and how you go about breaking in the coil. I've had them last for over a month.

They make mesh coils for this tank now. People seem to really love them. I saw them at VapoRider. Mesh coils in my experience last over twice as long. Maybe you will have better luck with them if you get some.

You may be talking about the similarly named TFV12 Prince. As far as I know the TFV12 Cloud Beast King doesn't have any mesh coils.

OP, there's a break-in period for those coils, and a lot of cotton packed in them. For the best performance, make sure you go wild on priming, so the cotton is thoroughly moist with juice before you use it. Then fill it up, and give it about 5 minutes to prime. Then, I'd do dry pulls before even starting to vape. This way you can make sure that coil is primed well.

Then during vaping, dry pull. About every 5 puffs or so, do an equal amount of dry pulls (inhale without pressing the fire button). This should help force juice into the coil. You're vaping at a high enough wattage to dry that coil quickly, so dry pulls are essential during your session, especially when chain vaping. As far as the break-in period, if you follow the steps I mentioned, it should help break-in that coil quicker. As you vape, the cotton inside that coil will expand, making it better for wicking. But if you burn the cotton quick enough, there's no going back, that coil is bad. You want to take the steps to avoid burning that cotton. Following my advice and with the way you vape, you should get about 3-7 days per coil.

Thanks for the help. I think I'm gonna move on from smok. I got a different coil type for it and now it won't stop spitting. Any tank recommendations. Im a bit of a cloud chaser

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the help. I think I'm gonna move on from smok. I got a different coil type for it and now it won't stop spitting. Any tank recommendations. Im a bit of a cloud chaser

My be a tank exactly but I can suggest a couple RDA. These are imho fwiw quite good, the Gorge, the U.S. 1 version 2, NaRDA (or ChiNaRDA clones), Dead Rabbit (I use the SQ version but it can be used to regular drip as well), finally the Wasp Nano mini. I've not been using tanks, hm, about a good year now. Not able to offer opinion on any tank.

VU Sponsors