Become a Patron!

SMOK TFV12 Prince - No flavour

Hi there, I’m in need of some help please.

I have been vaping for some time now using various mods, tanks etc, most recently the Uwell Crown 4, but I’ve decided to ditch the crown due to short coil life and inconsistent flavour.

So I have just bought three SMOK TFV12 Prince tanks. This is where the problem begins.

I have tried all three coils that come with the tank, loads of clouds, but, absolutely no flavour whatsoever.

I am using the same juices that I have been using for quite some time, either FAR or Element juices.

I am using wattage mode on my mod and usually in the region of 50 watts. Any higher and I just get a burning taste.

I was just wondering if this is normal for SMOK, or am I doing something wrong?

Like I said, when using the crowns, even though they don’t last long and the flavour is inconsistent, at least there is flavour.

Help please, I am desperate :)

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was just wondering if this is normal for SMOK, or am I doing something wrong?
You'll get a bunch of people here telling you yes. Even if they dont use any Smok tanks. You'll hear about how horrible their QC is, and be told their coils are garbage.

I can tell you I've used Prince tank and my favorite coils were the mesh triples. Maybe the liquid you're using isn't agreeing with those coils I don't know. I make my own juice and get plenty of favor.

I think you should have done some research first before buying multiples of anything. The Mesh Pro and the Falcon are all the rage these days and for good reason. They make really good coils and the flavor is a bit better than the Prince. I've had zero issues with the Prince so I'm thinking it's the juice you're vaping.

The Crown series tanks uses stainless steel coils. I think it gives a bit cleaner flavor. But I haven't tried the grade advertised by Uwell. If you juice is ruining those coils that fast, it'll probably ruin any coils quickly. Try something with less sweetener and switch to mesh.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You'll get a bunch of people here telling you yes. Even if they dont use any Smok tanks. You'll hear about how horrible their QC is, and be told their coils are garbage.

And one or two who have used a few, one or two of the Smok tanks and can admit to being a huge fan boy of them up to a point. The point came when it was seen coils were degrading in quality, the Smok gear just was not "cutting it" for them personally.

If you juice is ruining those coils that fast, it'll probably ruin any coils quickly. Try something with less sweetener and switch to mesh.

Not tried mesh, or mesh coils yet so I'll not comment on these. Rather have used and for a while, get to know something before I say something. Agree though in sweeter juices do tend on gunking up and fouling coils more so than less sweet juice. You might try using less VG in your juice mix too. Although I use max VG, still get plenty of flavor when I do add flavour to a flavorless base juice. I also have fairly decent run on coils too, Nichrome 80 or Kanthal A1, sometimes SS316.

I don't note much difference except for "ramp up" in the wire material or mass of coil/s. flavor seems "worked out" for me. You may not like my suggestion though. Switch to RDAs, not RDTA, or RDTs. Your juice sets in there and picks up the material flavor, it gets stale, goes old, loses flavours it might have to start out. Might consider a Dead Rabbit style RDA, possibly a Gorge, maybe a NaRDA or NaRDA clone. Look into squonking if dripping into RDAs isn't something you want to engage. Squonking lets you drip but more conveniently and your juice is only used in the wick until it's warmed and vaporized away. You keep flavor better.

Apologies if my suggestion doesn't go over with you well. Find it suits well for myself and thought it worth mention at least. You might also want to consider you're having vaper's tongue. In which case, vape some unflavored juice for a week. It'll help clear you up and put your flavours back right as rain. Vaper's tongue is pretty common, a person just gets used to flavors and then it all becomes flavourless to them. Think of cats often needing to switch food staples. They can't taste what they did because they ate it so much, happens with all critters likewise. Add a little spice or take it back to blanched and bland for a bit, fix it.

Well, 18:00 is nigh on 'er way. I'm off for a load of dishes, some :coffee:, looking at the lying vision that tells. Run 'er slow, ...

VU Sponsors