Become a Patron!

Smok TFV4 mini keeps coming up atomizer low.

Hi i got two Smok TFV4 mini's. just put my new one on and not to long it stopped working a reads atomizer low. so i took it off my Reuleaux RX200 and put it on my Joyetech eVic-VTCmini and still come up atomizer low.

dc.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Hi i got two Smok TFV4 mini's. just put my new one on and not to long it stopped working a reads atomizer low. so i took it off my Reuleaux RX200 and put it on my Joyetech eVic-VTCmini and still come up atomizer low.

dc.
What coil head are you using?
Since two mods error out with atomizer low, the tank is definitely the root cause. It could be, that the coil head's positive post isn't making proper contact to the base of the tank. Try fasten the coil head a bit more. However, too much could damage the o-ring. Another reason could be, that you do have a faulty coil head, replacing it might solve the problem.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What Neuner said. A little extra info though, you could have some stuff in the coil touching that you don't want touching. You can wiggle that around a bit to fix it and maybe it'll fix itself. If you have wires touching they might be shorting

Best answer is likely a dud coil (it happens)

If you want to troubleshoot it, like Neuner said check all the leads on the end of the coilhead, make sure they're all there and where they're supposed to be. Next try peaking into the coil itself, or even just pushing a small screwdriver/rod in there and wiggling a little, then test it again. If neither of those things help best to just accept it's a dud or learn to rebuild coils because that's what you'll have to do to fix it :D

Datrebor

ECF Refugee
I saw that on my Wismec Reuleaux RX200S and I got the same thing. When I took it off and placed it on my iJoy Solo V2 it said 'low ohms' maybe that is what is happening with yours? Duel coil read at .15 ohms.

USMCotaku

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

dc.
I don't know about the other mod, but you should never use the tfv4 on an rx200....the 510 pin is too long, and there have been many cases of the RX being damaged on the 510 connector.

as for the issue, the most likely cause is a short in the coil, making it too low of a resistance for your mods to fire...are you using a prebuilt coil, or one of the rda heads? on two of the rda heads, the post screws are really close to the outer "barrel" of the head, and it is really really easy to leave a little tab of the coil leg sticking just a hair too far out, where it will touch the barrel and cause a short....I have done it more then once, and gotten that same reading...using a flat head to push the leg around the screw more has fixed it every time

VU Sponsors