Become a Patron!

Smok TFV4 overheating

Hi guys i need help. An using my tfv4 tank on ipv4s with the stock triple coil OCC, after 5-6 vapes it tend to get hot and even hotter when continueing to vape. Any ideas why? The OCC is new so could not be a problem by that

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi guys i need help. An using my tfv4 tank on ipv4s with the stock triple coil OCC, after 5-6 vapes it tend to get hot and even hotter when continueing to vape. Any ideas why? The OCC is new so could not be a problem by that
Triple coils, high watts. It's normal.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My Crown tank gets so hot I have to wait a bit to unscrew the top to refill - normal!

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My Crown tank gets so hot I have to wait a bit to unscrew the top to refill - normal!
Yea, mine heated up using the .25 and .50, loaded my first ni200 yesterday, for me it does not get as hot, using a ipv4 at 45j 500d. I have to say so far I'm loving the nickel, very smooth and great flavor on the in and out.

Same set up as mine. No worries. It's normal...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Agree. 5-6 vapes with the triple coil at it's 'functional' (say 70 up?) wattage will get the tank warm to hot really quick. I have one, too, on my xcube2. Plus, the cool down takes a while compared to other tanks, generally speaking, since the tank is built really beefy, u can see how thick the material is and that heat will probably dissipate longer. Which is why I can appreciate other tanks that have thinner dimensions.
I now use my TFV4 with the single rebuildable head with nickel at .09ohm + TC at 380-420 F. I can chain vape significantly longer without getting the tank super hot compared to the stock coils

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I'm doing 100% VG at 50w. Was wondering about the same thing on the tank heat on a Sigelei Fuchia. I also have a Sigelei Spart which I love. Always gives me my sweet spot.

VU Sponsors