Become a Patron!

Smok TFV4 RBA or Uwell Crown

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Went ahead and just purchased the Crown as well. I think I'll experiment with rebuilding the included coils first, before I buy the separate rba head. Should be well worth the trouble for the `$16.50 I paid. Very much looking forward to trying out the Crown and Smok head to head! :D

jkoppk

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't enjoy the crown rba as much as I thought I would, flavor is great but it's way to restrictive compared to the coils.Good for mouth to lung hits but that's not my Vape style.

AdubbaU

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After really liking TFV4, breaking the two glass pieces due to top gasket stretching I am leaning to the Crown. I just received 2 new glass sections but unable to find rubber seal, hoping have something around that will work. Between the two the top fill of the crown is much better. Only had crown for two days but seems comparable flavor / production. Have not tried rba deck on Crown yet, will do after pre-built is done, but deck does not appear as friendly as TFV4.

Think they are both excellent tanks, for my usage and ocd for cleaning believe the TFV4 not intended to be taken apart as much as I have done.

Sent from Sprint HK M8 Tapatalk

Johnny Hotsauce

Member For 4 Years
After really liking TFV4, breaking the two glass pieces due to top gasket stretching I am leaning to the Crown. I just received 2 new glass sections but unable to find rubber seal, hoping have something around that will work. Between the two the top fill of the crown is much better. Only had crown for two days but seems comparable flavor / production. Have not tried rba deck on Crown yet, will do after pre-built is done, but deck does not appear as friendly as TFV4.

Think they are both excellent tanks, for my usage and ocd for cleaning believe the TFV4 not intended to be taken apart as much as I have done.

Sent from Sprint HK M8 Tapatalk
Sweet-Vapes has the replacement glass and oring seals, replacement bases too.

AdubbaU

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sweet-Vapes has the replacement glass and oring seals, replacement bases too.
Right, that is where I got the glass, but the seal is not the top black one holding top of tank. I ordered the seals from there too knowing they were not right. Good tip, more parts there then elsewhere.

Fenris4024

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just got in a TFV4 (bought the dual RBA for it, cause damn it man, dualies or go home in a subtank!). Using the tri coil in it at the moment, about 80w, holy hells does this thing CHUCK some vapor. Flavor is pretty damn near close to my Starre, not quite as intense, but still bounds above the kanger heads, and I don't feel like I'm sucking through a straw when its wide open. That was one of the things that really got me was that half these subtanks need much better air flows, otherwise, might as well be running kayfuns. I want the option for a nice wide open airflow that I can dial back to my liking, not a semi restrictive airflow that only goes so far.
The Crown is next on my list, but I am a little bummed hearing that the RBA's airflow isn't as good as the prebuilt coils.

Johnny Hotsauce

Member For 4 Years
Just got in a TFV4 (bought the dual RBA for it, cause damn it man, dualies or go home in a subtank!). Using the tri coil in it at the moment, about 80w, holy hells does this thing CHUCK some vapor. Flavor is pretty damn near close to my Starre, not quite as intense, but still bounds above the kanger heads, and I don't feel like I'm sucking through a straw when its wide open. That was one of the things that really got me was that half these subtanks need much better air flows, otherwise, might as well be running kayfuns. I want the option for a nice wide open airflow that I can dial back to my liking, not a semi restrictive airflow that only goes so far.
The Crown is next on my list, but I am a little bummed hearing that the RBA's airflow isn't as good as the prebuilt coils.
The SMOK really does chuck vapor with awesome flavor but damn, the thing drinks juice like a parched man wearing a down coat in a desert, LOL

jamey554

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a tritan and after a day of reccomended wattage i decided to go higher i and vaping at 60 to 65 watts on my tritan and the flavor is unreal, max vg juice and still no dry hits, maybe if u crank yous up u will notice a big difference with vapor and flavor, im getting unreal flavor at 60 watts

Fenris4024

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The SMOK really does chuck vapor with awesome flavor but damn, the thing drinks juice like a parched man wearing a down coat in a desert, LOL

This is so true, but since I DiY 98% of my own stuff, its not that big of a deal for me. If I was buying juices, I could see it being prohibitively expensive though!

Knight_of_Ni

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
trying to decide between the crown and tfv4 myself.

only thing i'm worried about.....is the tfv4 topfill. will that hinge last? i mean after you open and close it enough, and wear it out. will it even stay closed?

LetTheLuckRoll

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
so far it seems very solid but we will see in a few thousand refills.

I have been using the Crown with the temp control Ni200 coil that comes with it. I've been vaping it at 40J 415 degrees and I love it, the flavor is awesome and the airflow is great. The airflow adjustment pretty much lets you get as much air flow as you want. And it makes massive clouds. I have not tried the tfv4 and i've thought about buying one, but I just can't pull the trigger on buying it because of the comparisons to the crown. They're just way to similar for me to have both. But anyway I have the Crown and i'm highly satisfied with it.
**The coils really do last forever**

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I am liking the idea of a new tank lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have one triton coil lol
Atlantis 2 didn't try the triton coil yet
When I finish all my coils builds whatever I get done w this hobby I'll grab a crown likely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm looking to the TFV4 now -- I am wondering how long the coil heads really last in it. I was really excited to get my Crown as it is universally praised in reviews but my coils taste nasty and start dry hitting like mad after 1-2 days. I thought it was maybe because the juice I was using had a fair amount of sweetener in it but I started a fresh coil with a juice that contained no sweetener and got the same behavior.

I've replaced the o-rings thinking maybe it's not getting a good seal and that is leading to the dry hits but that was no good either. Tried pretty much all of the tips I have found and nothing seems to work, I am about to give up on it. I have found a few other people who seem to have the same issues but they seem few and far between. Not sure if I got a pack of bad coils or what -- even the coils that came with it are acting the same. Even if the coils are dirt cheap, I can't be replacing them every 1-2 days. I manage to get a week or longer out of a Herakles or Starre coil which is more my speed. Hoping to get a week out of a TFV4 coil so I am doing research.

I don't want to dump even more money into the Crown setup by buying new coils and be disappointed so I am thinking that it is gonna get shelved indefinitely.

Hey all. So I'm vaping on a vtc mini which maxes out at 60w. I was really considering the uwell crown, but after reading this post, it looks like i might not have enough power. Would you guys recommend i go with something else? Maybe a kanger subtank? Or I've heard good things about the herakles? I'd like to start learning to build my own coils and i believe the subtank mini comes with a rebuildable...

Last edited:

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm looking to the TFV4 now -- I am wondering how long the coil heads really last in it. I was really excited to get my Crown as it is universally praised in reviews but my coils taste nasty and start dry hitting like mad after 1-2 days. I thought it was maybe because the juice I was using had a fair amount of sweetener in it but I started a fresh coil with a juice that contained no sweetener and got the same behavior.

I've replaced the o-rings thinking maybe it's not getting a good seal and that is leading to the dry hits but that was no good either. Tried pretty much all of the tips I have found and nothing seems to work, I am about to give up on it. I have found a few other people who seem to have the same issues but they seem few and far between. Not sure if I got a pack of bad coils or what -- even the coils that came with it are acting the same. Even if the coils are dirt cheap, I can't be replacing them every 1-2 days. I manage to get a week or longer out of a Herakles or Starre coil which is more my speed. Hoping to get a week out of a TFV4 coil so I am doing research.

I don't want to dump even more money into the Crown setup by buying new coils and be disappointed so I am thinking that it is gonna get shelved indefinitely.
Get more coils.

I would love to hear what the actual problem is. "Rumors of a bad batch of coils" doesn't really mean much. Sucks when everyone is in love and one or two are like... I don't get it. The "crown tasting funny after two days" thread is weird. Nothing conclusive, but works now. When you get the same as everyone else, it's as good as what they all say.

I get the Smok tank, but it's not for me. Both "sub tanks", but seems the Smoke is for those that want to be able to cover a beach invasion when needed. The Crown gives me more than I want. Flavor is great and I don't need to buy a dual battery 100+ mod.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hey all. So I'm vaping on a vtc mini which maxes out at 60w. I was really considering the uwell crown, but after reading this post, it looks like i might not have enough power. Would you guys recommend i go with something else? Maybe a kanger subtank? Or I've heard good things about the herakles? I'd like to start learning to build my own coils and i believe the subtank mini comes with a rebuildable...
After going to crown from a sub tank mini... No way possible to recommend one. Nothing but burnt hits. Tried every trick in the book wicking the RBA... Same. Opened it up, drilled more holes, ridiculous. A friend was going to get another mini, so was I. Ended up with Crown. Was going to sell it to him...and then can't do it. No way I can take his money like that. Told him to get a crown.

So on my D2... On both SS dual coils that came with it... I didn't want more than my 75w. The .25 coil needs a bit more. I was happy at 75, others can go to 100-120.

The .5 dual SS is what I like. Needs less power. Does all I want. And after getting over the new amazement, I settled down to 60w. Even 50w is fine. It won't be all it can be at 60, but still very very good.

Seriously, the mini is sitting in my drawer. It's trash. It was great for a short time, but others have surpassed it by a large margin. Don't waste your time getting one at this point.

I got a crown RBA at a great price but I'm not sure I will even build it. The stock duals are very good and they are lasting a good long time. I'm not seeing the point of me building my own.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My smok TFV4 has been washed out and go in the collect dust draw, the single RBA is just a pain in the ass, too much wick get dry hits, too little and it leaks, watched videos on it, and doesn't matter how I wick, just can't seem to get it just right, know there is some learning curve to new tanks, but seems to be too much of fine line on how to wick this one.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My smok TFV4 has been washed out and go in the collect dust draw, the single RBA is just a pain in the ass, too much wick get dry hits, too little and it leaks, watched videos on it, and doesn't matter how I wick, just can't seem to get it just right, know there is some learning curve to new tanks, but seems to be too much of fine line on how to wick this one.
Wanna donate it to me

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wanna donate it to me

Not right now, as will probably give it another go at some point, but will keep you in mind if decide to actually get rid of it though ;)

Fenris4024

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I have a Evic VT as my "banger" device (out and about) and I generally run a Starre Tank on it, which is nice, since the coils for it (by Starre) are some of the best I've ever used, and it can also accept any of the atlantis/ triton coil set ups as well. Works great, decent clouds and damn near close to dripper flavor from it.

If you're looking to buy a tank that can rock out on at 60w or less, I'd just get a starre. The subtanks are meh even when built perfect. Herakles I've heard mixed things about.

LetTheLuckRoll

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If you like dripping how could you not like the tfv4? the factory coils are good my first one lasted about 3 weeks but yes you need a dual battery mod 100 plus watts but when you can buy a 100 watt i-stick for about the same price as a box of coils i see the problem with the tank.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
the price of coils for the tfv4 are dropping
$5 is average per coil now, even lower. I ssupect in a month or 2 they will be lower.

Plus they are releasing a SS coil soon as well

so tfv4 will have everything possible in terms of coils

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
yeah but 11 different coils is a little overkill imo.
well soon to be 12

but that gives you the option.

you dont have to buy them all

say you like tc and are use to Ni

you want to give Ti a TRY
buy 1 Ti coil see if its for you

then you want to try SS
buy 1 SS coil to TRY

You like kanthal Ti and SS and have 3 mods

you can buy the same tank for all those mods and not have 3 different tanks

Its a great idea IMHO. Other companies should follow suit

LetTheLuckRoll

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
not good for the stores to sell as i work at a brick and mortar to many options.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I agree trying to stock all those coils will be a PITA for stores.

But not all will be popular

But if the tank becomes that popular, then it be th emost sold tank , and stocking coils for it will make sense

LetTheLuckRoll

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
true that.can't get the owner to order the tank she has a problem with smok products.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
i my self am now considering
a smok
xcube 2
treebox mini
and
tfv4
ONCE the ss coil is released and prices settle down

NOLA_Willie

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I pair my TFV4 with a IPV4S and it is heaven!
Never a leak or burnt taste.
Rock'n quad coil @ 75 W.

rudogg760

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Can anyone recommend a nice sleek box that will work for either of these, or at least post up pics of their setups. Im interested in getting a Crown or a TFV4 but at the moment, the need a good(better) power plant
408d7d7ab41e2bf5d745de7e45e85dbe.jpg

Usually use it with the rba section at 41 watts

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

hertigg

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just got the TFV4 today. It has blown me away. It is such a step up from any tank I have ever used before. Easy to fill, amazing flavor and vapor production. It is so good I just ordered another one. I have never done that before.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
once SMok gets the SS coils out and the treebox mini they should be able to corner the market.
they will have the only tank with all 3 wires for tc prebuilt, a prebuilt clapton, single and dual rba decks, multiple kanthal coils, plus have a single 18650 and a dual 18650 mod that can do all of that stuff.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My tfv4 came and I'm loving it. Best part is I only paid $3 when gearbest had that glitch earlier this month :)

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
My tfv4 came and I'm loving it. Best part is I only paid $3 when gearbest had that glitch earlier this month :)

Ill pay you $6 for it
you can double your money

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Against my better judgement, I broke down and ordered one (TFV4 kit) from Gearbest this morning. They have them on sale for $22.99 atm. I have had bad luck the last couple of orders from them, but figured I'd give them one last try before writing them off (price was too good to pass up ;)).

Cheers,
Steve

KingNaga

Member For 4 Years
I've got a couple Crowns and I am very happy with them. A buddy of mine has the TFV4 and I've tried it a few times and I can say it is about the same for Vape and Flavor but he complains about the top twisting open a few times on him. Don't know if its just his but I thought I'd through it out there.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I've got a couple Crowns and I am very happy with them. A buddy of mine has the TFV4 and I've tried it a few times and I can say it is about the same for Vape and Flavor but he complains about the top twisting open a few times on him. Don't know if its just his but I thought I'd through it out there.
I have read complaints of the same thing where the top flips open on people

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 Dumbphone

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Allo! I have the TFV4, and love it! It's not a tank so much as a vaping platform.

Its like Smok have weaponized the Subtank!

The well kept secret about this tank is the dual coil RBA. The TF-R2.

I had seen the reviews and when my personal purveyors of all things vapey showed me the TFV4
There was much to like.

The TFV4 is a cool looking tank!!! I really liked the swing top fill thing Big! Heavy! all things I consider plusses in a tank. I examined the insane tri and quad coils, but buying coils is what I want to get away from. I've been looking to replace my Atlantis V2 with somthingrebuildable, because I'm a cheap bastard, and I HATE buying coils.

The reviews I had seen all were pretty clear that the RBA performance on the TFV4 was marginal.and, and however cool it looked, I wasn't going to buy one.

Then they showed mr the Smok TF-R2 Dual Coils RBA. One look at it, and I knew this was what I was looking for. Sold.

I built 2 3mm 7 wrap coils out of my beloved 22 gauge 304 Stainless, came out to 0.12 Ohm.

Now, I consider all my other attys quaint artifacts from my vaping past. I keep one subtank and one RDA operational, for backup, and demonstration purposes, but that urge to search for that atty to fill all all those niches, and tick all those boxes in my personal vapery inventory has been sated.

This might be the last atty I buy.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Allo! I have the TFV4, and love it! It's not a tank so much as a vaping platform.

Its like Smok have weaponized the Subtank!

The well kept secret about this tank is the dual coil RBA. The TF-R2.

I had seen the reviews and when my personal purveyors of all things vapey showed me the TFV4
There was much to like.

The TFV4 is a cool looking tank!!! I really liked the swing top fill thing Big! Heavy! all things I consider plusses in a tank. I examined the insane tri and quad coils, but buying coils is what I want to get away from. I've been looking to replace my Atlantis V2 with somthingrebuildable, because I'm a cheap bastard, and I HATE buying coils.

The reviews I had seen all were pretty clear that the RBA performance on the TFV4 was marginal.and, and however cool it looked, I wasn't going to buy one.

Then they showed mr the Smok TF-R2 Dual Coils RBA. One look at it, and I knew this was what I was looking for. Sold.

I built 2 3mm 7 wrap coils out of my beloved 22 gauge 304 Stainless, came out to 0.12 Ohm.

Now, I consider all my other attys quaint artifacts from my vaping past. I keep one subtank and one RDA operational, for backup, and demonstration purposes, but that urge to search for that atty to fill all all those niches, and tick all those boxes in my personal vapery inventory has been sated.

This might be the last atty I buy.

I agree that the tfv4 seems to be the most versatile tank on the market. My concrns are some negative reviews about some pre built coils tasting bad, like rubber, and the fact its taking forever for US vendors to stock all teh different coils. Plus the cost of coils is semi high atm.

But i seriously doubt it will be the last tank anyone buys. Something else new and cool will come along in a few months that the TFV4 cant do, or this new tank does even better. Stuff changes too much. I am holding off to make sure all the bugs are worked out and the coil prices to drop and US vendors to stock it all. However I snagged a Crown for $15 shipped the other day on a deal. Couldn't pass that off, figured even if I didnt like it I could sell it off here for $10 to someone.

I have crown on order so I can't compare yet. The TFV4 is a good tank, for me though , I had to adjustment period. I my opinion the coils take a few tanks to really break in, after that it has great flavor and billows clouds. It also vapes at a minimum of 50W with the .2 triple coils. It sucks battery life and e juice but all in all a good tank.

woodyt74

Obsessive? Who me?
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have both tanks and love them both. The TFV4 coils do have a break in of a tank or so but are great after and last for 2-3 weeks. The crown is my adv though and has great flavor & clouds. @Mattp169 when you are ready to sell that crown, PM me and I'll take it off your hands. :D

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I have crown on order so I can't compare yet. The TFV4 is a good tank, for me though , I had to adjustment period. I my opinion the coils take a few tanks to really break in, after that it has great flavor and billows clouds. It also vapes at a minimum of 50W with the .2 triple coils. It sucks battery life and e juice but all in all a good tank.

of course it sucks battery life and drinks juice with a triple coil, the quad and sextuple coils are probably worse.

My personal interest is how the dual coil rba deck holds up against say a billows v2 in terms of flavor, juice consumption and battery life

then a comparison of the ti and ni coils and eventually the ss coils for the TFV4 with similar coils in say a crown etc

VU Sponsors