Become a Patron!

Smok TFV4 RBA or Uwell Crown

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My personal interest is how the dual coil rba deck holds up against say a billows v2 in terms of flavor, juice consumption and battery life

Well, to an extent of course, it depends on the build.. When I first got it, I vaped on the tri coil for a baseline. The flavor is very good, as far as the break-in, I'd say maybe 10-20 vapes, and it was fine. I don't just prime clearo coils though, After they are in the full tank for 30 min or so, I close the airflow right off, ans suck hard on the driptip a few times to force juice into the coils, then let it sit a while and repeat before I hit the fire button. I have found this extends the life of the coils by ensuringthere are no dry spots anywhere in the head, I also start at 35 watts, and work my way up to full power over the first 15-20 vapes on a new coil.

When I switched to the Dual RBA, I actually left the coils it came with in, and just wicked them. I would say the flavor was very close to the tri coil, and the vapor was less. My first proper build, I did after another cycle with the tri coil, 2.3 mm coils 22 guage 304 stainless 7 wraps. The flavor was I think even or perhaps a hair better than the tri coil, vapor about the same, but it used less juice. Did another cycle with the tri coil, and then managed to squeeze 3mm 7 wrap 22 gauge 304 ss into the RBA. A very tight fit.

The effect was astounding. Better vapor, better flavor than the tri coil to an amazing degree. Juice guzzleage was hover at least on par, maybe more than the tri coil. The flavour though, made me wonder why I even own any other atty. And the cloud just kept pouring out of my face! I felt like I should name it!

The 3mm build however demands your "A Game" when it comes to wicking. Any sloppyness, and those coils will incinerate your cotton faster than the unclean in the presence of the Arc of the Covenant., unless you are in SS temp control mode.

The draw with the dual RBA is so close to the tri coil, I don't know if I could tell the difference between them. I'm on the quad coil now, it is much more airy than either the tri coil or the Dual RBA, the flavor seems equal to the tricoil, the amount of vapor perhaps slightly more. The 3mm build in the Dual RBA is still, in my opinion far superiour for both vapor, and flavor. Still comparing guzzleage, but they seem close.

I obtained a single coil RBA, and you can see that it is not going to compare with the factory coils. I suspect this is by design. It works, the flavor is good, but not comparable to either the factory coils, or the Dual RBA. Its great to have as an "emergency" soloution if a coil dies, and there are no new ones readily available. The deck is huge, the juice channels are the biggest I've ever seen, but there is too much space I think in the single RBA to produce flavor that would equal the other coil choices. For someone who has never built though, it might be perfect. Its dirt simple, almost impossible to botch either the build or wicking.

I guess there is one more factor worth mentioning, and that is capacity. Not that capacity is ever going to be a bonafide concern in this beheamoth, but you get slightly more capacith with the quad coil. Both the single, and dual coil RBAs,and the tri coil are roughly the same size, the quad coil though, is smaller, and gives you a little more capacity. Don't ask me how much more, I'm not going to bother measuring it, but I'd guess about a mil to a mil and a half.

Edit: Ok. The quad coil. It is so airy, that I need to close down the air control to get enough suction to pull the juice into the coil. I use only max VG, so it might be different with juice that has greater PG.

I also realized the although I mentioned capacity earlier, USABLE capacity is a bit of an issue I think with the TFV4
Because the coils are so absolutly ginormous, the slots for the intake on both the tri and quad coils extend nearly to the top of the coil head. In real life use, I tilt the tank to vape, and of course, the juice is at an uneven leven in the tank when I do this.

I've noticed that in orger to prevent the juice intakes on the tri, and quad coils from sucking air by tilting the tank, the tank has to remain very full. 65% or so I'd guess, or it would seem you risk getting dry spots in your coils.

Maybe I worry too much. On the dual RBA however, the intakes are on the bottom of the rba, so the juice level in the tank can be much lower, and all 4 intakes are still covered by juice when the tank is tilted to vape.

It's top fill, so banging the juice in to top it up is no real hardship. The annoyance is, that I usually put the factory coils in if I am expecting to be out for the day, and the curcuimstances won't likely allow for any fiddling. In these curcuimstances, you had better commit to one juice, because unlike the RBA, you can't even come close to draining the tank with out risking sucking air into the coil wicks. If you want a different juice, you are going to have to dump the old out (never an option for a cheap bastard like me) or somehow extract it, and then add new juice up to the brim. Not that bad at home, impossible for me at work. Just somthing to keep in mind. If you want the same juice all day, not even an issue.

Last edited:
Well, to an extent of course, it depends on the build.. When I first got it, I vaped on the tri coil for a baseline. The flavor is very good, as far as the break-in, I'd say maybe 10-20 vapes, and it was fine. I don't just prime clearo coils though, After they are in the full tank for 30 min or so, I close the airflow right off, ans suck hard on the driptip a few times to force juice into the coils, then let it sit a while and repeat before I hit the fire button. I have found this extends the life of the coils by ensuringthere are no dry spots anywhere in the head, I also start at 35 watts, and work my way up to full power over the first 15-20 vapes on a new coil.

When I switched to the Dual RBA, I actually left the coils it came with in, and just wicked them. I would say the flavor was very close to the tri coil, and the vapor was less. My first proper build, I did after another cycle with the tri coil, 2.3 mm coils 22 guage 304 stainless 7 wraps. The flavor was I think even or perhaps a hair better than the tri coil, vapor about the same, but it used less juice. Did another cycle with the tri coil, and then managed to squeeze 3mm 7 wrap 22 gauge 304 ss into the RBA. A very tight fit.

The effect was astounding. Better vapor, better flavor than the tri coil to an amazing degree. Juice guzzleage was hover at least on par, maybe more than the tri coil. The flavour though, made me wonder why I even own any other atty. And the cloud just kept pouring out of my face! I felt like I should name it!

The 3mm build however demands your "A Game" when it comes to wicking. Any sloppyness, and those coils will incinerate your cotton faster than the unclean in the presence of the Arc of the Covenant., unless you are in SS temp control mode.

The draw with the dual RBA is so close to the tri coil, I don't know if I could tell the difference between them. I'm on the quad coil now, it is much more airy than either the tri coil or the Dual RBA, the flavor seems equal to the tricoil, the amount of vapor perhaps slightly more. The 3mm build in the Dual RBA is still, in my opinion far superiour for both vapor, and flavor. Still comparing guzzleage, but they seem close.

I obtained a single coil RBA, and you can see that it is not going to compare with the factory coils. I suspect this is by design. It works, the flavor is good, but not comparable to either the factory coils, or the Dual RBA. Its great to have as an "emergency" soloution if a coil dies, and there are no new ones readily available. The deck is huge, the juice channels are the biggest I've ever seen, but there is too much space I think in the single RBA to produce flavor that would equal the other coil choices. For someone who has never built though, it might be perfect. Its dirt simple, almost impossible to botch either the build or wicking.

I guess there is one more factor worth mentioning, and that is capacity. Not that capacity is ever going to be a bonafide concern in this beheamoth, but you get slightly more capacith with the quad coil. Both the single, and dual coil RBAs,and the tri coil are roughly the same size, the quad coil though, is smaller, and gives you a little more capacity. Don't ask me how much more, I'm not going to bother measuring it, but I'd guess about a mil to a mil and a half.

Thank you for the info

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks Shark,

I've never vaped a Billow V2, but I think a Goblin and a Goliath might be close, but I don't know. The Dual RBA though kills both my Goblin and Goliath for flavor

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just got them both in today...which to start with????? :O

Coin toss? Spin the Eliquid bottle? Learn to code and write a psudeo random atty pickin generator? Consult your Spiritual Advisor?

Ah. How simple. It has to be the Crown. Alphebetical order.

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Coin toss? Spin the Eliquid bottle? Learn to code and write a psudeo random atty pickin generator? Consult your Spiritual Advisor?

Ah. How simple. It has to be the Crown. Alphebetical order.

I think it just happened to be closer to my hand when I went to grab for one, but I did indeed go with the Crown first. I have to say, it's the best rta I've ever tried, but I've been using drippers long enough that there will be a bit of an adjustment period. I'm no collector, I've been using a troll rda clone mainly. A modest dual coil .3 ohm set up has been my go to, airflow 2/3 open. 45 watts. The crown is nice, but can't match that airflow or vapor production, using 30/70VG juice. Using the preinstalled .25 ohm coil with the crown, though my Segeli 100 watt is reading .3. Vaping at 55 watts now. Tried 60, but though it hurt the flavor a bit. Need to read through all the threads, see what people are vaping the Crown at, what kind of break in period people have encountered, etc.

So, it's a pretty cool tank, and an amazing value at the ~$17 I spent on it, but I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how the TFV4 compares.

underd0g

Member For 4 Years
@OneBadWolf Completely agree, if it weren't for people contributing here I'd be buying everything chasing the perfect vape

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VapeVixen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I love the TFV4 and am passing up the Crown as I prefer a very capable RBA and have heard that the Crown RBA is sufficient but, not much to praise. The DUAL TFV4 RBA IMO, is great. The single TFV4 RBA didn't do too much for me. A pack of Dollah Tree o-rings (and good wicking on the RBA ie; don't stuff the juice channels but DO fill the wick deck and, rest your inward slant/cut ends of the wick on top of the deck) can stop those TFV4 leaks . If your wicking isn't just right, juice WILL make its way around the wick and into the airflow channels from atop the deck. Here's what I figured out ;)
https://www.facebook.com/vape.vixen/posts/416919105171307

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
love the TFV4 and am passing up the Crown as I prefer a very capable RBA and have heard that the Crown RBA is sufficient but, not much to praise. The DUAL TFV4 RBA IMO, is great. The single TFV4 RBA didn't do too much for me.

I couldn't agree more. I would never have bought the TFV4 if it wern't for the dual rba. I agree, you better bring your A game to the deck when it comes to wicking. It's not that the juice channels are small, far from it, its that the TFV4 likes to guzzle. If your wicks don't sate its mighty thirst, its not sentimental, it will summarily incinerate them. Too little wick in the juice well, and you have all that liquid in the tank above, trying to push it out the bottom airholes. The only thing holding back the flood of juice from draining into your pocket/purse, is the wick. And that is a lot of juice to fill your pocket/purse in the case of the TFV4.

Anybody who is adept at wicking a Goblin V2, will understand what I mean, and have no problem wicking the TFV4. The TFV4 is just bigger. A lot bigger.

I'm curious VV, do you find the Dual RBA uses the same, more, or less juice than the tri-coil?

edit: Just read the Facebook article, I know that you mean about the upper O ring. When I first got mine, it was unruly too. I used a probe to tuck it into its groove, and spent 10 minutes trying to keep it in place while I seated the glass. It kept wanting to bulge out. I finally irrigated both the groove, and the rim of the glass with VG, placed the top cap on the table, held it to prevent it from rotating, and managed to seat the glass.

I usually tear my tanks right dorn daily for cleaning, but left the glass in the top cap for three days, and found the O ring remained where it should be.

I went back to normal cleaning, but like you, about half the time had trouble getting the glass into or out of the top cap. Then one day removing a very tight glass, it chipped on the upper rim. Just a tiny chip, but enough to savagly tear the O ring if I tried to replace it.

As I inspected the glass really closely, I thought one end felt slightly bigger. Out came the micrometer, and the chipped end was just about 1/2 a mm wider. Not havibg got the kit, I went to the shop I got it from, and they just handed me a spare that one of the employees had. Great guys there, as the spares are on order.

Bottome line, this explained 2 things. 1: Why half the time it was a *(&^#$*&^*$&^*&^ of a (*&(*&(@# to get in or out (half the time because half the time I was trying to get the larger end in)

and 2: Why the O ring was deformed from the start. QC should have caught that, but sombody at the factory just jammed the glass in, deforming the O ring, and put it in the box.

Since the replacement glass, all is good. The O ring is happy, and the glass always comes out normally. and the rba/chim all seat perfectly.

Last edited:

VapeVixen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yes. I totally agree with you too, it loves to guzzle and the wicks need to be able to accommodate the flow. I rebuilt it last night to 2.5 mm instaed of the stock 2mm coils so that I could wick a bit thicker. That seemed to have diminished the flavor ever slightly but, not off putting ;) I do think that the Dual RBA uses a tad bit more than the Tri-coil. That is okay with me because #1. I make my own juice for so little and #2 the intense flavor it provides, requires it. Someone here said , paraphrasing ... " When I drive a muscle car, I don't worry about the MPG". When I owned my vintage Mustang, that's how I felt about it. When I couldn't afford to drive it, I sold it ;) I can totally understand , not vaping this all day if you buy pre-made juice. ;)

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well I am going to end up with both, wasn't that impressed with the TFVA with the single RBA base, and now in the draw to collect dust, so decided to give the crown a go instead, ordered the tank with the RBA base from ebay for $40, looking around seemed a good deal for ebay, hardly hear any negatives on the crown, so thinking I should like it :)

LetTheLuckRoll

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
that is said better than any one else could say it. I call mine beastie. and its a thirsty beast it sucks that everyone has had such problems with their tanks my flood was user error and it only happen to me once.

roadshaker

Member For 4 Years
Anybody familiar with the website Vaping 360? They used to be known as TBEC and are based in the UK.They had the Crown review way back in spring/early summer as it was available there before it hit the states.They have a ton of subohm tank reviews and the Crown stayed on top for the longest time.Then the TFV4 hit and there reaction was literally HOLY SHIT!!.Their reviews go through the coils and their opinion of the sweet spot and their overall impression.Worth a look if you really want some good opinions on the various tanks that are out and coming out.
My 2 cents:):)
Have a good night all!

VapeVixen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I couldn't agree more. I would never have bought the TFV4 if it wern't for the dual rba. I agree, you better bring your A game to the deck when it comes to wicking. It's not that the juice channels are small, far from it, its that the TFV4 likes to guzzle. If your wicks don't sate its mighty thirst, its not sentimental, it will summarily incinerate them. Too little wick in the juice well, and you have all that liquid in the tank above, trying to push it out the bottom airholes. The only thing holding back the flood of juice from draining into your pocket/purse, is the wick. And that is a lot of juice to fill your pocket/purse in the case of the TFV4.

Anybody who is adept at wicking a Goblin V2, will understand what I mean, and have no problem wicking the TFV4. The TFV4 is just bigger. A lot bigger.

I'm curious VV, do you find the Dual RBA uses the same, more, or less juice than the tri-coil?

edit: Just read the Facebook article, I know that you mean about the upper O ring. When I first got mine, it was unruly too. I used a probe to tuck it into its groove, and spent 10 minutes trying to keep it in place while I seated the glass. It kept wanting to bulge out. I finally irrigated both the groove, and the rim of the glass with VG, placed the top cap on the table, held it to prevent it from rotating, and managed to seat the glass.

I usually tear my tanks right dorn daily for cleaning, but left the glass in the top cap for three days, and found the O ring remained where it should be.

I went back to normal cleaning, but like you, about half the time had trouble getting the glass into or out of the top cap. Then one day removing a very tight glass, it chipped on the upper rim. Just a tiny chip, but enough to savagly tear the O ring if I tried to replace it.

As I inspected the glass really closely, I thought one end felt slightly bigger. Out came the micrometer, and the chipped end was just about 1/2 a mm wider. Not havibg got the kit, I went to the shop I got it from, and they just handed me a spare that one of the employees had. Great guys there, as the spares are on order.

Bottome line, this explained 2 things. 1: Why half the time it was a *(&^#$*&^*$&^*&^ of a (*&(*&(@# to get in or out (half the time because half the time I was trying to get the larger end in)

and 2: Why the O ring was deformed from the start. QC should have caught that, but sombody at the factory just jammed the glass in, deforming the O ring, and put it in the box.

Since the replacement glass, all is good. The O ring is happy, and the glass always comes out normally. and the rba/chim all seat perfectly.

Thank you ;) I'll have to come back and refer to this if I find trouble with it again! I've been vaping it for weeks now with no more problems, unless I don't wick well enough. I also found since writing that post that, the trick for me to getting the glass seated is to get eye-level with it and make sure that it is guided down strictly straight into the groove.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I never paid any attention to the stock coils guzzleage. My first build were 2.3mm 22 gauge 304SS, and the flavor, vapor was much better than the stock coils and on par with the factory tri coil. It meemed to me guzzleage may or may not have been lower than the tricoil. When I jammed the 3mm 22 gauge build, everything went off the charts. Flavor, vapor and guzzelage.

Love your analogy about the muscle car. I DIY a little, and the rest of the time get strong flavor on sale 30ml @ 18 nic, and whack them with VG. The flavor actually dosn't seem to suffer that much, and keeps the TFV4 full and content. Its a demanding boss in that regard. lol

VapeVixen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yes, RoadShaker, they DO have great write ups there.;)

VapeVixen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
YES, HIGH VG, for sure! I tried to get a 3mm dual in there and decided against it when I had spent too much time trying to fit them, without shorting against the cap, lol! I must clarify, I was concurring with another poster's analogy , on the muscle car ;) I must say though, I desperately miss my Mustang!

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
3mm will fit. Current build 7 wraps of 22 gauge SS. It is not an easy fit. I found that the threads actually protrude out from the chim shroud (my term for the part of the chim that threads to the base) and are not recessed like most. I had to tease the threads over to coils, but once the threads were below the coils, no prob. It was not without much cursing, and a cpl of gouges from the screwstick. All was well after though and it was worth it. Just took a cpl of Milkbones to lure the puppy back after all the commotion. lol

VapeVixen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
LOL! You hung in there till the end! I decided to leave it for another day. My fault for deciding to try it right before bed-time! I got a good gouge to the thumb by my screwdriver too :p

VapeVixen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Lol! Hopefully, we are SET for a while! Well, until we get it in our heads that dry burning and re-wicking just isn't challenging enough! :p

MikeSully

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Edit: Ok. The quad coil. It is so airy, that I need to close down the air control to get enough suction to pull the juice into the coil. I use only max VG, so it might be different with juice that has greater PG.

I also realized the although I mentioned capacity earlier, USABLE capacity is a bit of an issue I think with the TFV4
Because the coils are so absolutly ginormous, the slots for the intake on both the tri and quad coils extend nearly to the top of the coil head. In real life use, I tilt the tank to vape, and of course, the juice is at an uneven leven in the tank when I do this.

I've noticed that in orger to prevent the juice intakes on the tri, and quad coils from sucking air by tilting the tank, the tank has to remain very full. 65% or so I'd guess, or it would seem you risk getting dry spots in your coils.

Maybe I worry too much. On the dual RBA however, the intakes are on the bottom of the rba, so the juice level in the tank can be much lower, and all 4 intakes are still covered by juice when the tank is tilted to vape.

It's top fill, so banging the juice in to top it up is no real hardship. The annoyance is, that I usually put the factory coils in if I am expecting to be out for the day, and the curcuimstances won't likely allow for any fiddling. In these curcuimstances, you had better commit to one juice, because unlike the RBA, you can't even come close to draining the tank with out risking sucking air into the coil wicks. If you want a different juice, you are going to have to dump the old out (never an option for a cheap bastard like me) or somehow extract it, and then add new juice up to the brim. Not that bad at home, impossible for me at work. Just somthing to keep in mind. If you want the same juice all day, not even an issue.
This. Exactly this. Billow V2 is a flavor machine but not even in the same category of tank for all intents and purposes. The tfv4 with dual coil rba would be more aptly compared to an Aromamizer RDTA. I have a big 3mm spaced Clapton build in there and it wants 75 watts plus. I generally leave it over 100w. I prefer this build to any of the stock coils I have tried. Frankly I bought it to build on only anyway.

VapeVixen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm wanting to get my hands on that Aromamizer RDTA with the Velocity deck. The Velocity dripper is my "Go to" for dripping as of the last 3 mos .

Last edited:

MikeSully

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm wanting to get my hands on that Aromamizer V2 with the Velocity deck. The Velocity dripper is my "Go to" for dripping as of the last 3 mos .
The velocity deck will not fit as large a build and restricts airflow from 2 of the four airholes. Make sure your velocity deck lines up correctly in the tank before taking it home too. I run the 4 post deck. Velocity deck is in the toolbox collecting dust.

Edit I didn't see you were referencing the V2, not the RDTA. Disregard. I'll leave the info up for those who might find it helpful.

VapeVixen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks @MikeSully . Actually, I was meaning the RDTA (Edited it) . It was 3 in the morn, I shouldn't have been vertical, lol! Really? Air flow feels restricted with the Velocity deck? If so, could you compare it to the draw on any else for reference?

MikeSully

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks @MikeSully . Actually, I was meaning the RDTA (Edited it) . It was 3 in the morn, I shouldn't have been vertical, lol! Really? Air flow feels restricted with the Velocity deck? If so, could you compare it to the draw on any else for reference?
Yes in fact they recommend the 2 hole vape band. The posts block 2 holes almost completely. Maybe halfway between Billow V2 and Goliath V2 airflow. Double that with the holes unrestricted.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
love to hear your thoughts on the VT200 once you get it going

I love getting vape mail, but seeing delivered to porch and not being to get home until about 6PM, leaves a lot to be desired lol. I already downloaded Escribe and went through most of the tutorial. I'll definitely pass on my thoughts as soon as I get it up and running and get a chance to put it through it's paces.

Cheers,
Steve

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I love getting vape mail, but seeing delivered to porch and not being to get home until about 6PM, leaves a lot to be desired lol. I already downloaded Escribe and went through most of the tutorial. I'll definitely pass on my thoughts as soon as I get it up and running and get a chance to put it through it's paces.

Cheers,
Steve
Yea that sucks that you have to wait to get back home. Good part is at least you know it will be there when you get home instead of waiting another day.
I downloaded the escribe as well in advance of the mod arrival just to get familiar with it and trying out the tutorial

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Already have the TFV4 and that didn't work out to good with the single RBA head, so got the crown today, using the RBA on the crown, and should of gone with the crown 1st, the crown out does the smok easily in the flavor department with the single RBA head.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
love to hear your thoughts on the VT200 once you get it going

@TheVapingDevil It's hooked up to the PC. Batteries were all 4.0v after a couple of minutes, took that long to figure out where to look lol. Initial impressions: It's small, about the size of my Asolo. Feels good in my hand. Lots of settings to adjust and play with :) . I think I'm really going to like this mod. Now I really need to get some SS wire. Oh yeah, it fires the Billow 2 with a .059 ohm load :D. If you like to play, you are really going to like the DNA200!

Cheers,
Steve

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
@TheVapingDevil It's hooked up to the PC. Batteries were all 4.0v after a couple of minutes, took that long to figure out where to look lol. Initial impressions: It's small, about the size of my Asolo. Feels good in my hand. Lots of settings to adjust and play with :) . I think I'm really going to like this mod. Now I really need to get some SS wire. Oh yeah, it fires the Billow 2 with a .059 ohm load :D. If you like to play, you are really going to like the DNA200!

Cheers,
Steve
Thanks do much Steve. I was lolling through the software today n git even more excited to receive my mod next week. I love to tinker do thus will be perfect. I need to perfect my ss building skills. So far both billows ss builds were epic fails lolol. Need to go to 26 g from 24

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 Dumbphone

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can set your temperature, set your power, set your preheat, how long you want the preheat on. You can also download TCR curve for other wires or even just import the number. You can watch your power curve on Escribe as your taking a puff. There are 8 presets and you can upload screens that will display when you switch between the presets. I feel like a kid at Christmas :) :)

Cheers,
Steve

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
You can set your temperature, set your preheat, how long you want the preheat on. You can also download TCR curve for other wires or even just import the number. You can watch your power curve on Escribe as your taking a puff. I feel like a kid at Christmas :) :)

Cheers,
Steve
That is so freaking amazing. Can't wait but does look a bit confusing but I think that's cause I didn't have a mod to connect to

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's not bad once you have the mod hooked up. To me it's pretty intuitive. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any questions once you receive yours. I'll be happy to help, provided I can ;)

Cheers,
Steve

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
It's not bad once you have the mod hooked up. To me it's pretty intuitive. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any questions once you receive yours. I'll be happy to help, provided I can ;)

Cheers,
Steve
That's so much Steve. I will certainly do that if needed. Have fun with your new dna200 and escribe

I just got the crown instead of tfv4. Its a great tank but am kicking myself in the ass over it! As I bought the rba (13.99) and (4) pack .25ohm coils (13.99) both on ebay and tank for $32. So if I got the smok instead, I would have the rba already and my coice of coils. The smok is a juice drainer, I use my buddy's alot and it blows bigger clouds too, but have a tendency for the coils to burn out faster.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I just got Crown and the Rba. i recoil my rba with 0.5ohm kenthol at 19.4 - 20.0watt.
Flavor and Vape are very good. An there is not a single leek issue. For those that have
leek issue make sure you tighten the inhaling tube part that hold the pyrex glass.
7220151015_20415720151015_204157.jpg

Last edited:

sychosis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm looking to the TFV4 now -- I am wondering how long the coil heads really last in it. I was really excited to get my Crown as it is universally praised in reviews but my coils taste nasty and start dry hitting like mad after 1-2 days. I thought it was maybe because the juice I was using had a fair amount of sweetener in it but I started a fresh coil with a juice that contained no sweetener and got the same behavior.

I've replaced the o-rings thinking maybe it's not getting a good seal and that is leading to the dry hits but that was no good either. Tried pretty much all of the tips I have found and nothing seems to work, I am about to give up on it. I have found a few other people who seem to have the same issues but they seem few and far between. Not sure if I got a pack of bad coils or what -- even the coils that came with it are acting the same. Even if the coils are dirt cheap, I can't be replacing them every 1-2 days. I manage to get a week or longer out of a Herakles or Starre coil which is more my speed. Hoping to get a week out of a TFV4 coil so I am doing research.

I don't want to dump even more money into the Crown setup by buying new coils and be disappointed so I am thinking that it is gonna get shelved indefinitely.
I had the same issues with my subtanks , plus and mini . I played with ratios for 30-35 coils and finally found a 60/40 works best since I have been mixing the 60/40 I am getting 2-3 weeks on a coil , be for with 80/20 and even 70/30 I could only get a few days out of a coil at 20 watts , now like I said I get 2-3 weeks at 25-28watts all day long . Almost trashed my subtank plus 2 or 3 times because I thought something was wrong .

Try a few differant ratios and wattages I finally found my sweet spot and maybe it could help you although I know every vape is differant , this worked for me

I had the same issues with my subtanks , plus and mini . I played with ratios for 30-35 coils and finally found a 60/40 works best since I have been mixing the 60/40 I am getting 2-3 weeks on a coil , be for with 80/20 and even 70/30 I could only get a few days out of a coil at 20 watts , now like I said I get 2-3 weeks at 25-28watts all day long . Almost trashed my subtank plus 2 or 3 times because I thought something was wrong .

Try a few differant ratios and wattages I finally found my sweet spot and maybe it could help you although I know every vape is differant , this worked for me

Did you do a slow wape like slow inhale on the sub ohm tank?

VU Sponsors