Become a Patron!

Smok TFV4 RBA or Uwell Crown

Are either of these tanks appropriate for flavor seeking, mouth to lung vaping?

The crown is. At work I spend most of the time in the car which is a city marked car so blowing giant clouds would be frowned upon. Before the Crown I used a Subtank on the middle air flow setting. With the Crown cranked down to the tightest air flow setting it works great for MTL. I even bought a set of 1.2 coils with MTL in mind. Currently using the .5 coil it came with and it works well for MTL as well. 30w with the smallest air flow setting gets great flavor and good but not overwhelming clouds. With the .5 coil you can open up the air flow and crank the watts for crazy clouds. It is a very very versatile tank. Love it and will be buying a second to completely replace my subtanks. Now if they would just release a mini version I would be really happy.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The crown is. At work I spend most of the time in the car which is a city marked car so blowing giant clouds would be frowned upon. Before the Crown I used a Subtank on the middle air flow setting. With the Crown cranked down to the tightest air flow setting it works great for MTL. I even bought a set of 1.2 coils with MTL in mind. Currently using the .5 coil it came with and it works well for MTL as well. 30w with the smallest air flow setting gets great flavor and good but not overwhelming clouds. With the .5 coil you can open up the air flow and crank the watts for crazy clouds. It is a very very versatile tank. Love it and will be buying a second to completely replace my subtanks. Now if they would just release a mini version I would be really happy.
The 1.2 has become my go to. It's phenomenal.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What kind of life are you getting out of them? Hopefully will be a couple of weeks before this .5 burns out before I can try them.
My memory is kinda shitty about that kinda stuff, sry lol I think it's been maybe 2 or three weeks on the current coil. It's been nice going 3 days between charging/swapping batteries

Towelman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've been using the crown for the past few weeks and had major dry hit problems. The pin trick fixed it entirely just so you guys know! I'm threw out many coils thinking they were duds and couldnt even wick 40 watts on a .5 coil. I ordered a tfv4, how do the clouds compare to the crown?

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So I've been pretty much stuck on my kanger subtank mini's with the RBA head, and they been working great and avoided trying every new subtank that comes out, but fancy trying something new.

I did win the aspire triton tank and bought the RTA head with it and not been that impressed with it.

So being tempted by either the uwell crown or the new smok TFV4, but I don't want to be tied to buying coils, so these 2 suits me as both can get RBA head for them, I am more tempted by the smok, as is cheaper if buy with the RBA head, where the crown you have to buy it separate.

I know the smok it still very new, but anyone tried either the crown RBA or smok RBA and share their thoughts on them.

Also most important, I don't want leaking, never had a problem with the subtank mini's, so don't want to change to another tank that leaks.
The Smok I have both if one wants to choose due to lasting value its got to be the Smok with the crazy new heads they are designing and the added RBA heads for clapton and dual coils you can purchase it only make sense

Mike O

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have both and for me the Crown tank wins in flavor and is much less bulky. Don't get me wrong, I love my TFV4 too but the Crown is still the king. Just get both and don't trip.

VapingN252

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It's was really hard for me between the tfv4 mini, crown, aromamizer and bellus. I choose the tfv4 mini. This is upgraded for the last and has a ton of coil options.

Mike O

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just saw that TFV4 mini and pre-ordered one from efun.top. Holy moly just what I needed, another fucking tank! I think I need to go to a Tanks Anonymous meeting cause I'm outta control.

Last edited:

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My memory is kinda shitty about that kinda stuff, sry lol I think it's been maybe 2 or three weeks on the current coil. It's been nice going 3 days between charging/swapping batteries

You are doing something much better than I am if you are getting this type of coil life. How long do you baby a new coil and how low on the watts? Had no luck with Ni, 2 burnt fast, and 1 from another batch had little vapor production. I am now using 70 to 80 vg with some sweet juice flavors, on the 0.5 stainlesd with airflow 1 notch less than fully open. Decent flavor and vapor but nothing amazing on either.

The TFV4 interests me but may be beyond my budget with the triple and quad heads, unless they really last?

How might I get the Crown coils working right? Thanks, Mike

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You are doing something much better than I am if you are getting this type of coil life. How long do you baby a new coil and how low on the watts? Had no luck with Ni, 2 burnt fast, and 1 from another batch had little vapor production. I am now using 70 to 80 vg with some sweet juice flavors, on the 0.5 stainlesd with airflow 1 notch less than fully open. Decent flavor and vapor but nothing amazing on either.

The TFV4 interests me but may be beyond my budget with the triple and quad heads, unless they really last?

How might I get the Crown coils working right? Thanks, Mike
I start at the lowest point of the recommended range for the coil & gradually raise it. Make sure it's primed & ready before you start too

Mike O

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I don't vape nickel or titanium so can't speak for the vaping experience with those. I have zero interest in temp control (even though I do have some tc mods). Kanthal all the way and Stainless Steel ok too. I'm currently using the .25 Crown coil at 60 watts. Ton of flavor. I'm vaping my home brew Irish Fairy in it now and every time I take a hit, I go, "gawd damn this shit tastes good". Going on 2nd week on this coil and no loss of flavor yet. I don't vape it continuously though, I rotate between my 6 tanks (and 1 dripper) with a different juice in each one.

Last edited:

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Those Crown SS coils really do appreciate a good, long, patient priming - like the old cartos for cartotanks. They also break in much faster with proper priming! That said, I tend to use mainly one crown (preferably the 0.25 around 70 watts), and I get less than a week out of my coils - maybe 3 or 4 days. But I have another 1.2 on a different mod, and that has lasted much longer, mainly because I use it much less!

roadshaker

Member For 4 Years
I have both and for me the Crown tank wins in flavor and is much less bulky. Don't get me wrong, I love my TFV4 too but the Crown is still the king. Just get both and don't trip.
I have 2 of each.At this point,you really can't do head to head because different coils,watts,temp,etc.. and the experience is not better or worse all the time.Like trying to choose between blonde or brunette! I personally prefer redheads;)

Bow2King

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
anyone use the mini tfv4 and the new coils, how is it i just placed an order for it?

I have received a lot of info from this forum. Thanks. Thought it was time to contribute.
I guess I am considered a heavy user. I used to smoke 6-8 cigars a day. I have 6 systems. 3- Crown (.25) and 3- TFV4 (triple coil). All are used between 60-75W.
I was hoping to settle on one tank system... I still can't decide. These two are very close. Both top build. Both load easy. Unscrew the top of the Crown and there sit 4 large openings. I hold my finger over the center hole when filling. Slide the top of the TFV4 and fill through a smaller slit... I use a pipette with the TFV4. I only vape NET tobacco... 0-4mg nicotine because I vape so much (all day all the time). I rotate between the units. When one gets "above warm", I sit it down in the back of the rotation.
All the coils last me about 2-3 weeks. At the 1st hint of a metallic taste I change coils. I have never had an issue with changing coils on the Crown. Easy. A few times when changing the coils on the TFV4, the coil stays on the bottom (should stay on the top when you unscrew the unit) and have had to remove the pyrex to get to the coil. Then I have to mess with the pyrex gasket to reassemble. It isn't terminal but a small irritation. I always prime and let sit for 10 minutes before using after a coil change. I usually dry vape a couple of times and then go full throttle. Never have burned a coil at the start with either of these two tanks. I burned a LOT of coils with the Kanger tanks.
The Crown "crackles and pops" a bit more than the TFV4 but not bad. If the TFV4 is a "10" on taste, the Crown is a 9.8. I am not a cloud guy but trust me both put out plenty. Taste matters much more to me. After trying (and putting away in the drawer never to be looked at again) almost every other tank on the market... these two are heads and shoulders above the rest.
I'm still trying to decide which box I like best. I use IPV 4s, Tesla 160, Smok M80 Plus and Eleaf iStick 100. I have had a few shorts with the M80 Plus and don't like that it only USB charges. If I had to pick one... today it would be the Eleaf. But I'm always on the lookout for something better.
Sorry for the long 1st post. Thanks again for all the info posted.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love crown I never tried TFV4 but did crown and adore crown lol
I'm wanting a second crown in black!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly my experience! I do hear great things about the TFV4, but I'm so happy with the Crown 0.25 SS coils I don't even need to try another tank. I will add that as I run about 30 mls a day through my coils, I barely get a week out of one - but I suspect that's normal.

Great review, Spieden - thanks!

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
@AmandaD rinse the coil under water
dry burn it
vape on
im on my original coil form what 3 or 4 weeks ago
and vape 10ml a day and it taste slike new
I clean it like once a week

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@AmandaD rinse the coil under water
dry burn it
vape on
im on my original coil form what 3 or 4 weeks ago
and vape 10ml a day and it taste slike new
I clean it like once a week

I've cleaned all my coils by boiling, putting in the UC, waiting for them to dry. It really barely gets me another tank! But I put 30mls a day through my coils at 70watts, so they don't get much of a rest. I thought you were getting dry hits from yours?

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
well mine has settled down
i stopped using the ni200 coil
it just sucks and dry hits
I will eventually get another to see if it was a fluke

the .5 is fine
only dr hits when it should, like when the tank is empty.
The only reason I use the crown more then my maganus is my maganus isnt top fill

i find the taste comparable between them

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
because the cotton is not wicking the coil properly

when the juice is empty in the tank
some of the inner cotton is wet and preventing the coil from over heating while other parts of the cotton are dry and giving the dry hit taste.

its frankly disappointing and annoying

after so many people talking about the crown like its the second coming, I hav enot been impressed. It is one of the best tanks out there and the SS coils give it an edge for many people. But its not the tank that others will emulate. The crown is basically a maganus/starre with a slightly different chimney and SS coils

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

some of the inner cotton is wet and preventing the coil from over heating while other parts of the cotton are dry and giving the dry hit taste.

after so many people talking about the crown like its the second coming, I hav enot been impressed. It is one of the best tanks out there and the SS coils give it an edge for many people. But its not the tank that others will emulate. The crown is basically a maganus/starre with a slightly different chimney and SS coils
I don't have any trouble with mine. Sounds like a bad coil!

However, you've made it clear you aren't impressed with the Crown - yet you use it, so each to his own:p

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I use it cuz I like the top fill
and it is about the same as using my maganus

I only own 5 tanks
1 crown
1 maganus
2 STM
1 STN

I only have 2 mods
d2
3li

SO I like to have 2 flavors going all the time

the crown replaced the STM
the maganus is used daily as well

I do not regret buying a crown
i think it is one of the best tanks out there, I just feel let down with all th ehype over it and feel there are other tanks that are just as good and dont get the hype the crown has

right now @Shark Vape has me intrigued with hi s thread on MTL RTAs and am considering trying that out, because my biggest complaint about both the maganus and crown is "too much clouds bro" I want to vape for nic and flavor not to create my own weather system

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

I really am not getting this. You are upset about getting dry hits... When the tank is dry???

In my experience, I can run the tank dry. As in nothing running down turning the tank upside down. No dry hit. When I change flavors, which is often, I get 2-3 good drags before I taste it. The atomizer holds 2-3 good hits by itself. Never a burnt hit on any coil. But my D2/SX only goes to 75. I'm sure I will be able to burn cotton with the coming VS... If I try.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The cloud chasers have kinda perverted the word flavor in their writings.
MTL vapers should never purchase based on DL vaper posts.

Vaping is a trade-off... as clouds go up, flavor comes down by definition. There is no "both" in one tank...
Flavor comes from removing much or most of the air (enrichment) from the vapor.
Clouds come from adding air. (leaning out the mixture)
No matter what you read anywhere, that is the physics of it.

When the cloud chasers speak of flavor, they are speaking in terms of direct lung inhale.
I've gotten sucked in too. That's why I give more play (credibility) to people who MTL. I've learned.
Direct lung inhale "flavor" doesn't even approach MTL flavor.

That means, yer' either a cloud chaser or a flavor chaser... a direct lung vaper or an MTL vaper.
I once posted here that the most valuable aspect of a vape forum is finding people who vape like you do.
In 2009, there was no such thing as a cloud chaser; now they're the majority. Most I believe, never smoked.
Currently, almost every coil head tank out there is designed for clouds. MTL is a dying breed.
The vaping community has morphed from primarily ex-smokers to... hobbyists.
If you're an ex-smoker MTL guy, I urge you to ascertain who, and give much greater weight to posts written by those
whose use is like yours.

disclaimer: Not saying there is no flavor in cloud tanks, there is. But all that airflow is killing most of it.
IMO, MTL vaping is the gold standard for true density and richness of flavor.
Direct lung inhaling is a whole different sport.
That's actually not the physics of it. The physics of it is for a given heat input, under given temp and pressure, you will produce "X" amount of vapor.

More air is cooling the system. Less vapor. More air gives a lower density vapor. Less taste. But a vapor density of "X" ml/cc, produced at the rate of 1 ml/min by say 10w/j.... Is not one bit different than the same "X" ml/cc density produced at the rate of 10 ml/min by say 100w/j.

It's understandable that lung breathers feel too restricted and suck in more air than they need to. More air will dilute the vapor. (less flavor) But more air, especially more than needed, does not make more cloud. Air doesn't make clouds, heat makes clouds.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
dry hits on a TC coil SHOULD NOT HAPPEN thats the point

i dont know if MTL or DL is bette rfor me
i smoked for way too long
and did MTL and DL hits on marlboros

I dont car eabout clouds, I want it to taste good period. I would prefer it to taste good with out creating my own weather system if possible

i just know I used an iclear 30s for over a year and loved it, but never really got TONS o flavor from it. But enough staisfaction that I havent smoke din 5 years or more now.

took a hit off a STM and was amazed at the flavor.
I didnt know you could get that much flavor in a vape. Now I want hat much flavor and more, just w/o the cloudz bro

I think the maganus and crown do have amazing flavor. I love the taste of my juice in them. But if there is a different style of tank, that would work better for me for flavor and hopefully less cloudz bro, Im up to try it.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
dry hits on a TC coil SHOULD NOT HAPPEN thats the point

i dont know if MTL or DL is bette rfor me
i smoked for way too long
and did MTL and DL hits on marlboros

I dont car eabout clouds, I want it to taste good period. I would prefer it to taste good with out creating my own weather system if possible

i just know I used an iclear 30s for over a year and loved it, but never really got TONS o flavor from it. But enough staisfaction that I havent smoke din 5 years or more now.

took a hit off a STM and was amazed at the flavor.
I didnt know you could get that much flavor in a vape. Now I want hat much flavor and more, just w/o the cloudz bro

I think the maganus and crown do have amazing flavor. I love the taste of my juice in them. But if there is a different style of tank, that would work better for me for flavor and hopefully less cloudz bro, Im up to try it.
Then you do not have the temp set below the temp to burn cotton. If you have accurate TC for your coil and you have temp set below cotton burn temp, it's impossible to burn a hit bone dry.

If you are burning hits, then your temp is too high or you do not have an accurate TCR for the coil you are using. And when the tank is dry, you will burn a hit. And that doesn't have anything to do with the tank you are using. That's the point.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Then you do not have the temp set below the temp to burn cotton. If you have accurate TC for your coil and you have temp set below cotton burn temp, it's impossible to burn a hit bone dry.

If you are burning hits, then your temp is too high or you do not have an accurate TCR for the coil you are using. And when the tank is dry, you will burn a hit. And that doesn't have anything to do with the tank you are using. That's the point.

the crown uses the exact same ni200 coil as my maganus. except the casing is shorter. and im using the exact same mod and settings, my maganus coils work fine the crown coil didnt
it may just be a fluke coil - which im betting it is.

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've yet to have an issue with TC on the Crown and my coils last at least three weeks. I vape at 490-500 F too. But it is not my go to tank anymore. When I do sub ohm on a tank I use TC always now. So I want good nickel or titanium coils for sure. The Crown has excellent flavor off the nickel coils. The TC coils on the TFV4 seem to me less flavorful. Of course everyone's preferences differ. I like a warm vape. And I have never had a dry hit using TC on my Crown. Just a bad taste when the coil gets run down.

Shark Vape hit the nail on the head. If you are an MTL kind of guy you need an RDTA - there are three or four good ones - that you can vape at 25-35 watts and get great flavor from. I am slowly moving away from all the sub ohm tanks to pure RTAs .. no pre-built coils at all. That way I can build at .3 - .4 single or dual and get the vape I like. I can rewick whenever I please, the new RDTAs mostly have top fill too, and changing out your coils (which last me two months with kanthal on average) takes about twenty minutes.

Honestly the best flavor I had was in the old days with a genny at 15 watts. I just cannot be bothered with a genny these days. I'm not a cloud chaser with my daily vape. I do have plenty of mechanicals and RDAs to chase when I'm in that kind of mood. But I no longer bring mechs to work ( I used to but people would see me out the back and wonder about the huge clouds and make comments). I am now pretty content vaping at lower wattages and my batteries last me all day too as a nice bonus.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yes, they both use more juice. Because they have more coil. They produce more vapor. That's the point. More vapor production. But there is nothing intrinsic to the design that eliminates vapor density. You can still get high density. But you also get high density with DL draw which is simply more natural. It's natural to inhale. Not so much with MTL. MTL was a necessity smoking cigarettes. It's not with vaping. There's a reason most new vapers move away from it.

jasvncnt1

Member For 4 Years
Glad i found this thread. Ive been looking at the Crown. I have the smok xbube 2 and tfv4. Not really digging it so much. Probably end up getting rid of it.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just curious about what some of the tfv4 downsides are in your opinion.

I do like the Crown but understand the priming process and time involved make it hard to use 100 pct of the time.

I also bought a Herakles recently since I found one at a very good price. Nice daily driver. So far the coils are not finicky, expensive, or hard to come by. Flavor not quite like Crown but still good. Harder hitting tank and warmer vape. It is a pain to fill, however.

The Starre interests me but maybe too similar to Crown to really add anything?

Just coming out is the Arctic Turbo with 3 coils and a turbo fan. This sounds like quite the cloud machine, but I want to see the reviews first. The original Arctic was the firstvI really enjoyed. Now I rank the Crown and Herk a little higher, in that order.

Just curious about what some of the tfv4 downsides are in your opinion.
The only downside I can see is that the big advantage that the TFV4 has comes at or above 80W. I was using the triple coils until today and switched (for good) to the quad coils. Coils are more expensive and you go through more juice at higher wattage. For me... it is worth it. I mentioned before that I was struggling to make a decision between my 3 Crowns and 3 TFV4s. Today I decided. TFV4s for me. Very close call... took me 2 months of solid vaping to choose. 10 vs. 9.8. The quad coils pushed me over the edge.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
TFV4
Pros: Versatility, Easily Rebuilt RBA decks, and some crazy power.
Cons: Premade coils suck the juice , poor QA, cost of coils and the swing to fill can get knocked open in your pocket.

That would be my simplified review.

I'm absolutely loving the tank, dual RBA is a solid setup for me, 50-90w vape on the coil setups I've come up with. Works beautifully. Want a lighter vape you can make your single RBA into a 1ohm+ setup, my thought was for "on the go" vaping where you don't want to be blowing plumes. Likewise I can grab the quad coil crank it to 120w and finish a full tank of juice in less than half an hour all the while being a mildly warm but anything but harsh hit.

I did have a full tank leak in my pocket the other day because that swing thing came open, easy fix though, they include vape bands, just have on on that part, slide it down or off when you want to refill then put it back. That's only a concern if you walk around with it in a deep pocket with a bunch of other stuff that can knock it around. Happened once after a week of doing that, so not really a huge concern but worth mentioning I thought. Also personally I was lucky I guess as I had no factory defects, but a lot have been reported. And then for the juice concern, like I said the quad coils you can kill a tank in under half an hour, not necessarily a bad thing, but again something to be aware of. Though with the high wattage usage it also sucks the juice out of your batteries, more of a concern there. Finally the cost of the coils is an issue, however the fact that the RBAs are so solid I think that cuts into that quite a bit. When I want to I can pop in a premade powerful coil, when I'm just relaxing at home and want something to vape I can use my dual RBA which is solid enough.

Bow2King

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
just got my tfv4 mini in does anyone have some recommended presets on a dna200 such as wattages, pre heat and everything for the ni200 coil?

lownote2

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just got the crown Rba kit in the mail today. So far loving it. I've had the tank for a couple of weeks and there are a lot of things I really like about it. The flavor is good with the coils. I've vaped the .25 coils and the nickle and enjoyed both. 80W is the highest I've taken it with the .25 coils but I'm not a crazy high wattage guy although at 80W it performed well. I usually have the air slot about 1/2 closed and vape at 40-45 watts. First build on the RBA section went flawless. No leaks and great performance at 35W with the included .25 coil. The flavor with the RBA is great. Really liking it. Do I think it's the greatest tank in the world? No, not really. But would I buy another if this one went missing? Yes. I really like it. The pros: It was squeaky clean out of the box, no machine oils shavings or anything. Also (and this one is a big one for me) NO LEAKS! It has yet to leak on me. The quality of this tank is what has impressed me the most. It's easy to fill. The coils have all lasted me over a week each and I'm a heavy vaper, probably a good 4 tanks a day. The only con I have is the taste initially with the ss coils. The rba included coil was fine from the get go other than the initial cotton break in taste. The SS coils just taste funny to me for about the first initial 1/2 tank or more. Once you get past that they're great, but it really is a funky taste.

Also noted, not really a con to me but the rba section does stifle the airflow a bit. I run it wide open with it and too me it's just fine and I'm happy with it, but then again even with the coils I didn't open it wide up, usually halfway, maybe 3/4 if I was running over 60W. Just thought I'd note that.

Now the TFV4. This tank had been a lesson in patience for me. Right out of the box it had a bad O ring that was literally stuck (melted almost) to the tank. So there was one O ring down with only 2 left included. Strike one. I bought the kit with the single rba included and picked up the dual rba section too. Threw a wick in the dual rba and filled it. All my juice leaked out everywhere. Chalk that up to me not wicking properly. Took it apart and redid it. No leaks and all was good for the evening so I thought it was ok. Next morning I filled it (I had already refilled it once more the evening before with no issues) and again it leaked everywhere. Struggled with it throughout the day with leaking every time I filled it. Took out the dual rba and tried the single. No leaking but dry hits. It was fine if I took shorter pulls and didn't chain vape. Didn't like the flavor of the single though, it was just really muted. Today I rebuilt the dual rba and so far so good. No leaks and good flavor. So I would recommend the dual rba you can get for it. It just really seems to make a big difference for flavor. So pros: good flavor when it wicks properly and doesn't leak. Cons: bad quality control and really finicky wicking. And the dang leaks!

I know there are a lot of TFV4 fans here but I'm not one. I'll keep using it. I do like it. I wouldn't get another one if this one broke or went missing though. Flavor is good with the dual rba, I can say that. What bugs me is how easily it can leak. I do realize a lot of it is probably my wicking but I'm not a newb to wicking, this thing is just finicky. And the quality control. I realize any product can have issues, but when I have terrible quality and a melted o-ring fused to the tank during the initial opening of the package that really bugged me.

My vote goes to the crown. That's not saying the tfv4 is terrible, it's just a lot more of a pita to work with IMO.

The OP was about the RBA sections of these. My opinion: The single rba section (only kind made that I'm aware of) for the Crown is great. I did not like the flavor from the single RBA section of the TFV4. (only used the stock coils included with both though) At least SMOK includes the RBA if you buy the TFV4 kit, but it's only the single. The dual RBA kit for the TFV4 when it is wicked properly does have great flavor. In my opinion the dual RBA on the Smok and the single for the Crown are equally enjoyable.

Just my opinion on these.... we all have different tastes.

I am curious, I just got my Sigelei and TFV4 tank today and after cleaning the tank and loading it up with some juice on the tri-coil included, I was not getting ANY flavor...huge clouds but no flavor....I tried closing air holes, and even lowering it down to 35W (which the flavor got ever-so-slightly better but still not anywhere near my drip atty)...I am reading all of your posts about how the flavor is amazing and how some of you are vaping at 65W while others are at 130W (it seems to actually shut down if I try over 100W, and I just get a very basic hit, but if I lower it to 65 I can get a big cloud no flavor though.)....The tri-coil is reading at .2 ohm, while my drip dual coil atty is at .17 ohm and the flavor on that is absolutely phenomenal.
What am I doing wrong here?

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Try closing the airholes down and taking a slower hit. Doing that I find I get a denser cloud with more flavor. There's a ton of airflow on this thing, max it out and you're just taking a breath with a little vapor in it.

I do get a tad more flavor, but still nothing compared to my drip atty. Another thing I mentioned was why does my sig seem to shut off after 2 seconds when I am trying to go above 80W (it was doing it at 100W a bit ago, but now down to 80W??) My batteries are 3/4 full.

EDIT: After messing around with multiple configurations in Air Flow & Wattage, I was able to get much more flavor, but still not quite like my drip tip. I guess you get a bit of a trade off for having the convenience of a tank.

But I am still wondering why it seems that the Sigelei turns off within 2 seconds of firing if the wattage is anywhere around 80W-100W...batteries are still pretty good it shows.

Last edited:

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I encountered the same thing the other day when I jumped up to 140W on the quad coil. I think it's that the batteries simply lack the juice to keep up even if there's still juice in there I guess it's not enough and the regulated box just shuts it off. For me I stopped being able to do the 140W at about 60% left on my batteries, and the normal 110 I do it started at about 25%. Using the sig150 myself with 2X Samsung INR18650-25R 2500mAh High Discharge Flat Top batteries.

Not sure on the flavor though, I get plenty myself, though like I said if I open everything up and take a quicker draw it's very airy losing a lot of flavor. I will say I also like the dual coil RBA more than the premade coils for the most part, and one of the reasons is that exactly. The airholes in the premade ones are just so big, while the RBA isn't small it's less IMO, has some resistance when I take a hit unlike the premades which I wonder if they're on sometimes.

I encountered the same thing the other day when I jumped up to 140W on the quad coil. I think it's that the batteries simply lack the juice to keep up even if there's still juice in there I guess it's not enough and the regulated box just shuts it off. For me I stopped being able to do the 140W at about 60% left on my batteries, and the normal 110 I do it started at about 25%. Using the sig150 myself with 2X Samsung INR18650-25R 2500mAh High Discharge Flat Top batteries.

Not sure on the flavor though, I get plenty myself, though like I said if I open everything up and take a quicker draw it's very airy losing a lot of flavor. I will say I also like the dual coil RBA more than the premade coils for the most part, and one of the reasons is that exactly. The airholes in the premade ones are just so big, while the RBA isn't small it's less IMO, has some resistance when I take a hit unlike the premades which I wonder if they're on sometimes.

This is exactly what I was thinking, but even at 80W that's pretty low. I am using the EFest 2500mAh IMR 18650 3.7V Li-MN 35A High Drain batteries.
I am hoping the company sends me the replacement atty that has the RBA too so I can make my own builds.

So I don't get it. I've been banging on my TFV4 for a while, but my temps/wattages are always set much lower than I see around. For example, I just put a Q4 on, and was puffing away at 40W happily, but reading here, everyone is at ~80W, so I gave that a shot, since even the Q4 itself says 40-140W on it, and I immediately got a faint taste of burnt cotton. Back down to 50W, and all is good. On my RBAs I go even lower, generally 20-30W. Is it just a matter of taste?

nodor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I don't get it. I've been banging on my TFV4 for a while, but my temps/wattages are always set much lower than I see around. For example, I just put a Q4 on, and was puffing away at 40W happily, but reading here, everyone is at ~80W, so I gave that a shot, since even the Q4 itself says 40-140W on it, and I immediately got a faint taste of burnt cotton. Back down to 50W, and all is good. On my RBAs I go even lower, generally 20-30W. Is it just a matter of taste?

Possibly a matter of airflow. If you suck like a vaccumm cleaner you keep the coil cooler and taste is good. If you take a light draw the coil temp gets to high and it tastes like crap. IMO

VU Sponsors