Become a Patron!

SMOK TFV8 Baby Beast

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
SMOK has really stepped up their game in 2016 with the release of their new and well-designed mods and tanks. The release of their SMOK TFV8 Cloud Beast was a big hit and we’ve seen a lot of hype around this tank and a bit later, SMOK released the Baby TFV8 which is basically a small and compact TFV8 Cloud Beast.

A lot of newbies who start vaping ask, "What is the best commercial tank to get?" So I decided to do a quick review on this TFV8 Baby so that you guys can decide if this is what you're looking for.

The SMOK TFV8 Baby Beast is the little brother of SMOK’s TFV8 Cloud Beast Tank. The SMOK TFV8 baby is about 1/3 smaller than the TFV8 Cloud Beast, e-liquid capacity is 3 mL rather than 6 mL, and wattage ratings for the smaller-sized Baby Beast coil heads max out at less than half that of the respective Cloud Beast heads. Although this tank is much smaller, it doesn’t lack on the performance category.

TFV8-min.jpg

What’s in the box:

· 1 SMOK TFV8 Baby Tank

· 1 V8 Baby-Q2 Coil Head

· 1 Replacement Glass Tube

· Spare Parts

· Instruction Manual

Specifications:

· 22mm Diameter

· 3 mL Juice Capacity

· Superior Stainless Steel Construction

· High-Grade Glass Reinforcement

· Convenient Top-Fill Design with Hinge Lock

· Dual Adjustable Airflow Control at Base

· Black Delrin Ultra-Wide Drip Tip

· Patented Baby Turbo Engines Coil Structure

· 0.2ohm V8 Baby-Q2 Dual Coil – rated 30-80W; sweet spot 55-65W

· 0.15ohm V8 Baby-T8 Octuple Coil – rated 50-100W sweet-spot 60-80W

· V8 Baby RBA – Two-Post Deck

· 510 Connection

· Available in Stainless Steel and Black

SMOK TFV8.jpg

The TFV8 Baby Beast has two different coil heads that come with the kit, one is the 0.2ohm Dual coil which is pre-installed and has a recommended wattage range of 40-80 watts and the second is the replacement 0.15ohm Octuple coil which has a recommended wattage range of 60-80 watts. The 0.2ohm dual coil didn’t perform as good as the Octuple coil and to me it didn’t seem like it would handle 80w, however at 40w it seemed to do well. The quadruple coil performed excellent. The flavor it produced was excellent as well as the vapor production.

Note: TFV8 Cloud Beast Coils are NOT Compatible with the TFV8 Baby Beast.

Performance:

The SMOK TFV8 Baby Beast features the same top filling method as their TFV4 tanks. This same top fill design was continued with the TFV8 Baby Beast. You don’t have to unscrew the tank or anything like that, all you is turn the swivel to the side and fill up the tank.

The baby beast performs exceptionally well. You would think that this tank is just a reduction in specs of the bigger TFV8 but that is not the case. The flavor is excellent and for its size, the vapor production is excellent. It’s well built and didn’t have any quality issues. The airflow is plenty and filling this tank is easier than any other tank I’ve used.

The only CON I can think of for this tank is that SMOK didn’t include an RBA for it like they do with their TFV8 Cloud beast however, it is available as an additional purchase.

SmokTFV8-min.jpg

Verdict:

SMOK has done a really good job with their TFV8 Cloud beast and this TFV8 baby is no different. It features the same great features of the TFV8 Cloud Beast but in a much more compact and smaller size. I would definitely recommend this tank to anyone who doesn’t build their own coils as yet but wants a tank for clouds and great flavor. If you are looking for nice and compact sized tank and vaping at 180w isn’t your thing, then this TFV8 is exactly what you’ve been searching for.

I’ve got mine from the MyVapeDeal a while back.Their service and communication is excellent, much better than expected and their pricing is pretty good, not to mention, free shipping as well.

VU Sponsors