Become a Patron!

smok tfv8 minimum wattage?

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Would a kangertech 75w be enough to power the tfv8?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Depends on what coil you were using.
For example:
The .15 V8-T8 has recommended wattages between 50 - 260
The .15 V8-Q4 has recommended wattages between 50 - 180
Each of the coils have different recommended wattages.
You CAN vape on the low side.
Just keep in mind 2 things.
1. Running on the low side will more than likely produce much less vapor and flavor.
2. Running your mod on the extreme high side will definitely shorten battery life between charges.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Would a kangertech 75w be enough to power the tfv8?

That 75 watt mod will be dead in no time maxing the watts out.

It will work, but you may want to buy a better mod, something with at least two 18650 batteries. There is a thread on here about the VT133 mod which is inexpensive DNA-200 mod, but 133 watt max because of the two batteries.

Or you could buy a cheap three battery 18650 mod, like the joyetech 200 watt....they're about 45 bucks.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll just stick to the tank and coils that came with my mod. Another day I'll buy a bigger box mod. Thanks guys for the reply before I went out and bought a tank that is useless for my setup.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'll just stick to the tank and coils that came with my mod. Another day I'll buy a bigger box mod. Thanks guys for the reply before I went out and bought a tank that is useless for my setup.

Good idea.

fartbubble

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Personally, the wattage I run on the coils is:
T8 - 110-115w
T6 - 90-95w
T4 - 80ish

VapingN252

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You don't even start to get flavor until 80 watts on any coil. 100 is the sweet spot.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Using a high requirement tank on a low wattage mod doesn't make much sense.
At max wattage the mod will suck the life out of your battery quite fast and you won't be able to get optimal performance from the tank.

I'd say go with the TFV4 and even then it's marginal and I would still recommend a 2 battery 150-200W mod.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Using a high requirement tank on a low wattage mod doesn't make much sense.
At max wattage the mod will suck the life out of your battery quite fast and you won't be able to get optimal performance from the tank.

I'd say go with the TFV4 and even then it's marginal and I would still recommend a 2 battery 150-200W mod.
Curious, how about using a 26650 mod with the tank? Albeit that doesn't sound safe lol pull too many amps....

Martymcfly

Member For 1 Year
My baby beast is a little less forgiving than my other tanks. I burn those coils on accident all the time. I am about to try the NRG coils in my baby beast and see how that works. The coils in my NRG tank have performed well thus far.

VU Sponsors