Become a Patron!

Smok tfv8 troubles

Hi everyone. So i recently purchased a rx mini and a smok baby beast. Everything was going great until today. Before that i was using the q2 coil for about a week and the flavour and clouds were great. So i decided to try some of this new juice i bought. So i grabbed a new coil, primed it(it was the x4 coil) and filled the tank with some 50/50 juice and let it sit for awhile, then i proceed to vape it. I was vaping at 50 watts and It tasted terrible and what litte flavour that was there was very muted. Then after that it started to taste very burnt. It wasnt like a dry hit it just tasted very off and burnt. So i though it might be the juice so i rinsed the coil out and cleand the tank and filled it up and had the same problem. Any help would be appreciated.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Could be a faulty coil, have you tried a different coil?

These factory made coils can be hit and miss, regardless of the brand or manufacturer.

Carhauler71

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have had similar issues with the X4 coils. Thought I was doing something wrong. I've tried multiple X4 coils with the same result.

Carhauler71

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Did some research on the x4 coils. Even though the coil reads 45-60 watts, it's best to run it at 35 watts. I tried it and the flavor came back some and no burnt taste. Sucks running that low but it'll work until I use up the 6 of those that I have.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Most, but not all, of the time it takes a half to a full tank vaped through whatever coil I use to make it taste "right". It seems to take some an ungodly long time for the cotton to get fully saturated.

Carhauler71

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've ran this coil for about 2 weeks part time. I split time between this tank and my baby tank that I run my dark juices through. That one has the preinstalled Q2 coil and works great

Did some research on the x4 coils. Even though the coil reads 45-60 watts, it's best to run it at 35 watts. I tried it and the flavor came back some and no burnt taste. Sucks running that low but it'll work until I use up the 6 of those that I have.
I tried that and i still have the burnt taste and no flavour.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I finally changed out that T8 I've been using for 5 wks. My HohmSlice was giving me atomizer warnings when I screwed it on. Still worked fine on the Alien, but you know, "better safe than sorry". The new T8 didn't taste as good as the 5 wk old one until the tank was almost empty. LOL Second tankful is fine.

Carhauler71

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I finally changed out that T8 I've been using for 5 wks. My HohmSlice was giving me atomizer warnings when I screwed it on. Still worked fine on the Alien, but you know, "better safe than sorry". The new T8 didn't taste as good as the 5 wk old one until the tank was almost empty. LOL Second tankful is fine.
I haven't tried the T8 yet. Wasn't impressed with the T6 that came with my big baby

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I haven't tried the T8 yet. Wasn't impressed with the T6 that came with my big baby
T6 is the only one I haven't tried. All mine came with Q2s and T8s. I bought a pack of X4s.
I don't notice a huge difference between them. Just that different juices taste better on some than others.
I actually prefer the RBA with every juice I have. Only problem is I have 4 tanks and only 1 RBA. Gonna have to fix that, since an RBA is cheaper than a 5pk of coils.

Carhauler71

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
T6 is the only one I haven't tried. All mine came with Q2s and T8s. I bought a pack of X4s.
I don't notice a huge difference between them. Just that different juices taste better on some than others.
I actually prefer the RBA with every juice I have. Only problem is I have 4 tanks and only 1 RBA. Gonna have to fix that, since an RBA is cheaper than a 5pk of coils.
With my job an RBA is too cumbersome. I drive a truck all day and need an easy plug and play. I even transfer my glass bottles over to unicorns so I can fill while driving.

VU Sponsors