Become a Patron!

Smok v8 baby stick

This is my first vape and I just replaced the M2 dual core with a X4 quadruple core. I primed it pretty good (about 4 drops each slot) and filled the tank and let it sit for about 30 minutes. Not getting much flavor at all. Not to sure what a burnt coil taste like yet but it does have a slight paperish taste. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This is my first vape and I just replaced the Q2 dual core with a X4 quadruple core. I primed it pretty good (about 4 drops each slot) and filled the tank and let it sit for about 30 minutes. Not getting much flavor at all. Not to sure what a burnt coil taste like yet but it does have a slight paperish taste. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
You're using the wrong coils. That device is underpowered to make those coils vape decently. You're probably tasting new cotton. Get M2 coils, you will have greater success. They make two versions, either is fine. I prefer the .15Ω over the .25Ω, but thats just me. The only other option I'd suggest is the Baby Mesh coils. All the other coils need more power. I use these kinds of devices every day.

Thanks I'll go back to the vape shop and see if I can swap the ones I haven't used. And I meant m2 not Q2 coils. Seeing the recommended wattage range on the m2 vs the x4 no wonder it's not working good.

VU Sponsors