Become a Patron!

Smok v8 big baby beast burning through coils :'(

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The size is just great to carry around. The only problem I had was that most attys I like are 24mm or bigger and so I couldn't use the Pico as much as I would like to. For this reason I ended up pif'ing it to one of my friends. I think it's still in use to this day
There is a pico 25

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And there is where the problem lies.
Even the Vaporesso cCells have failed me. I used to use those coils in the Melo 3 mini with the same terrible results. Some guys absolutely love ceramic coils but I figured it just isn't for me (much like how some guys like temperature control).

Nowadays I just stick to RDA's mostly with the occasional use of a RTA or sub-ohm tank every once in a while. Still in search for the best possible single coil RDA for my style of vaping. My current favourite has got to be the Flave and the Hadaly. Gonna get an Entheon and probably the Haku Cruiser or Phenom later on. The NarDA seems really good but the guys want crazy prices for it

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I only use the coils made by the manufacturer but I did have a great experience using @CoilART vapor coils in my Atlantis V2.

Last edited:

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Even the Vaporesso cCells have failed me. I used to use those coils in the Melo 3 mini with the same terrible results. Some guys absolutely love ceramic coils but I figured it just isn't for me (much like how some guys like temperature control).

Nowadays I just stick to RDA's mostly with the occasional use of a RTA or sub-ohm tank every once in a while. Still in search for the best possible single coil RDA for my style of vaping. My current favourite has got to be the Flave and the Hadaly. Gonna get an Entheon and probably the Haku Cruiser or Phenom later on. The NarDA seems really good but the guys want crazy prices for it
If you have the Flave & Hadaly there's no need for another RDA. They are easily the best

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Since when do you have a Nautilus 2??

Typo buddy it is the Atlantis V2 but thanks for the WTF dude! :blah::wait::crazy::giggle:

You know how it is with too many tanks to keep freaking track. I think it is time for a spreadsheet?

I propose a solution:

This thread is old but I just broke my rda and cracked out the old baby with a new coil
(I'm using a standard baby beast single .4ohm - this probably won't work for other versions like the quad etc, I don't have them to hand to try.
So I had the same damn problem - it only lasted a day. Got another new coil - same thing
I saw a thread advising to poke a hole in the wick with a needle for more flow. That just messed it up so I ripped it out... and realised I could replace it with my own damn cotton - which I carefully did with lots of thin lightly rolled pieces. Two of the holes can be filled from the top, the other two from the side - just get it all snug with no holes. So now my baby beast is an rdta that handles (modern day) high VG juice like it's supposed to.
It's vaping better than ever - actually... it's vaping pretty damn well
Happy days

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@justdeserts Welcome to VU! :cheers:

Nice bit of helping, it may be a necro thread, but your solution should help those using the beast series of sub-ohm tanks.

VU Sponsors