Become a Patron!

Smok V8 stick.

imzy82

Member For 1 Year
Hi Guys,

newbie here. I got a smok v8 stick. keeps flashing each time I take a puff. I've dismantled and cleaned the tank and other bits and left over night to dry (not the battery of course), battery is also charged up but each time I put it back together it just doesn't seem to work. do you think it could be the coil? at the moment it has 0.25ohm coil using it not a lot for about month or two. Any suggestions of what to do? I have ordered new coils 0.6ohm Q2.

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
The Stick V8 is designed to use the M2 coils.
I had a couple of them and they didn't work too well with any other coil.
Also, if it's flashing when trying to fire it, as I remember, it was because the battery was weak

imzy82

Member For 1 Year
The Stick V8 is designed to use the M2 coils.
I had a couple of them and they didn't work too well with any other coil.
Also, if it's flashing when trying to fire it, as I remember, it was because the battery was weak
I eventually got it to work. it was the coil not contacting the metal which makes contact with the battery. All I did was get a pair of pliers and pulled out the coil/spring so it could make contact. and it fricking works.

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I eventually got it to work. it was the coil not contacting the metal which makes contact with the battery. All I did was get a pair of pliers and pulled out the coil/spring so it could make contact. and it fricking works.
Sounds like the 510 pin in the stick is gunked up.
Take a Q-tip with some alcohol and clean it out. Make sure it's dry before using it.
I did that on mine about once a week and never had any problems.
Also, Get the M2 coils for it. They fire quicker and your battery will last longer.
Good luck.

imzy82

Member For 1 Year
Sounds like the 510 pin in the stick is gunked up.
Take a Q-tip with some alcohol and clean it out. Make sure it's dry before using it.
I did that on mine about once a week and never had any problems.
Also, Get the M2 coils for it. They fire quicker and your battery will last longer.
Good luck.
Thanks for the tip. I've only started using it recently no nicotine just flavours. is the Q2 0.6ohm better then the 0.25ohm?,
dont know why I got that.

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks for the tip. I've only started using it recently no nicotine just flavours. is the Q2 0.6ohm better then the 0.25ohm?,
dont know why I got that.
The Q2 takes more power to fire and will suck your battery faster.
The M2's work a lot better. They were designed for the Stick V8

imzy82

Member For 1 Year
The Q2 takes more power to fire and will suck your battery faster.
The M2's work a lot better. They were designed for the Stick V8
Thanks for that. still awaiting arrival of my coils to come through. at least got the coil working for now

VU Sponsors