Become a Patron!

smok V8-T10 dry hit

I'm using a sigelli fuchai 200w and a smok beast tank with the V8-T10 coils. I'm having an issue where I keep getting really dry hits. I'm not new to vaping, have been doing it for a few years, I just have no idea what I'm doing wrong with this one. I let it sit with juice for a few hours before trying to hit it and it was dry - kept fiddling around with it but gave up on that coil and assumed it was toast. So I put in a new coil, after putting some juice directly on the cotton to make sure it was absorbing well and it was. Then I filled it up with juice and let it sit overnight for more than 8hrs. I worked it up slowly from a low wattage, and I'm still just getting that burnt coil taste.

Any reccommendations?

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Welcome to the VU!
Idk what's going on with smok coils lately but I was having this same problem on the tfv8 big baby T6 coils. I tried 3 coils in a very short period and they all gave me this dry almost burnt taste.
Even the first couple hits after saturation, I would still get it. I tried a few different fixes it found or was told about and none really seemed to help. I gave up and ordered the RBA for it.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

Welcome to the VU!
Idk what's going on with smok coils lately but I was having this same problem on the tfv8 big baby T6 coils. I tried 3 coils in a very short period and they all gave me this dry almost burnt taste.
Even the first couple hits after saturation, I would still get it. I tried a few different fixes it found or was told about and none really seemed to help. I gave up and ordered the RBA for it.

I hope its just a few bad coils - though these are pretty pricey to be so hit or miss, if that's all it is.

What's RBA? I googled it and got the Reserve Bank of Australia XD

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I hope its just a few bad coils - though these are pretty pricey to be so hit or miss, if that's all it is.

What's RBA? I googled it and got the Reserve Bank of Australia XD
That's what I thought as well. I went to my local vape shop and he said getting bunk coils is pretty rare. Especially multiple in the same package, pretty much said it's unheard of and never happened to him.
That doesn't change the fact that it happened to me (and you) and really didn't help much. I really don't get it.
Only thing that helped mine even a little was poking small holes in the inlet cotton. Hoping it would allow the juice to flow through faster. Only reason I think it helped though is because I was getting so much juice through the coils it masked that terrible taste.
Needless to say I stopped using them all together and have switched to making my own coils. It's cheaper and if anything goes wrong I know who to blame

That's what I thought as well. I went to my local vape shop and he said getting bunk coils is pretty rare. Especially multiple in the same package, pretty much said it's unheard of and never happened to him.
That doesn't change the fact that it happened to me (and you) and really didn't help much. I really don't get it.
Only thing that helped mine even a little was poking small holes in the inlet cotton. Hoping it would allow the juice to flow through faster. Only reason I think it helped though is because I was getting so much juice through the coils it masked that terrible taste.
Needless to say I stopped using them all together and have switched to making my own coils. It's cheaper and if anything goes wrong I know who to blame

Yeah, I've been recommended to go rebuildable so many times but... I think I'd screw up more than they do haha

Thanks for the responses, much appreciated.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Yeah, I've been recommended to go rebuildable so many times but... I think I'd screw up more than they do haha

Thanks for the responses, much appreciated.
You really only need to learn wicking at first. You can buy pre made coils for these fairly cheap. I bought a small pack so I had time to learn.

You really only need to learn wicking at first. You can buy pre made coils for these fairly cheap. I bought a small pack so I had time to learn.

I might give it a try - though poking the cotton seems to have helped a bit. I was surprised - took a metal needle and actually had to push real hard. Cotton must have been packed super tight - might be a part of the reason why I was having issues.

semeyson

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Gearbest has clone x4 coils for the Big Baby. They say original but the failed authentication. Anyway for some reason they last longer and have better flavor the real actual smok coils. At first I was upset about getting "fakes" but now I'm happy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Gearbest has clone x4 coils for the Big Baby. They say original but the failed authentication. Anyway for some reason they last longer and have better flavor the real actual smok coils. At first I was upset about getting "fakes" but now I'm happy.

How do they run at higher wattage? I just looked and they marked best range at up to 130w - in my past experience going above the "best" range is a recipe for trouble, and I like to vape between 150 and 200.

GBusafvet95

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I haven't had too many issues with Smok coils, but I can see my luck running out.
Moving into my own builds to prevent those issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

semeyson

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How do they run at higher wattage? I just looked and they marked best range at up to 130w - in my past experience going above the "best" range is a recipe for trouble, and I like to vape between 150 and 200.
they r for big baby rated up to 65 I run at 55.

VU Sponsors