Become a Patron!

Smok Veneno "VOLTS TO HIGH" problem

Hey guys I have Smok veneno mod and I never had problems until I let the battery's completely die out, I then changed the battery's and now I am having drama's.

It will be working fine one minute then the next it will keep on popping up with "VOLTS TO HIGH" not letting do anything. I then have to take the battery's out, put them back in to restart it. I click 5 times to turn back on.. it starts loading up then cuts out (will keep doing this). If I plug a power source in it will do the same over and over. sometimes the two "battery charging indicators" if you wanna call it that will pop up. Then for instance one of them will read %100 and the other will be sketching out flicking from say 20% to 50 to 0. most the time I just leave it for a few hours maybe a day, think hmm ill try now then it will work fine. I then use it for a few hours then BOOM "VOLTS TO HIGH" strikes again.

Majorly annoying can anyone help?

Thanks

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do not charge in the mod.

Have you read the voltage on the individual batteries?

also are the batteries 'married' or a matched pair?

And what brand/model of battery?

both 3.7 volts, yes and ill find out about the brand im currently working away and the boxes for the batterys at home.?

you say not to charge in the mod, why and do you mean get one of like battery pack charger things where you take the batterys out and put them into the pack?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
both 3.7 volts, yes and ill find out about the brand im currently working away and the boxes for the batterys at home.?

you say not to charge in the mod, why and do you mean get one of like battery pack charger things where you take the batterys out and put them into the pack?
Yes an external charger.
chargers built in to the mod are usually not very durable or accurate.

3.7 volts is not fully charged.

Hey guys I have Smok veneno mod and I never had problems until I let the battery's completely die out, I then changed the battery's and now I am having drama's.

It will be working fine one minute then the next it will keep on popping up with "VOLTS TO HIGH" not letting do anything. I then have to take the battery's out, put them back in to restart it. I click 5 times to turn back on.. it starts loading up then cuts out (will keep doing this). If I plug a power source in it will do the same over and over. sometimes the two "battery charging indicators" if you wanna call it that will pop up. Then for instance one of them will read %100 and the other will be sketching out flicking from say 20% to 50 to 0. most the time I just leave it for a few hours maybe a day, think hmm ill try now then it will work fine. I then use it for a few hours then BOOM "VOLTS TO HIGH" strikes again.

Thanks
I’m coming across this issue now. I always charge my batteries on a charging pack. Have you resolved this issue? If so, what did you do to fix it? Thanks. - P

I’ve actually figured it out! So when you get the mod to come on again, plug in the charger to the actual MOD, and unplug it. It should work as normal at this point. For some reason, it needed that particular “reset” in the MOD’s power system. It worked for me. Hopefully, it also works for you. Good luck.

UPDATE: The issue reoccurred. Unsure what to do at this point. It’s back and forth as you stated earlier (frustrating).

Last edited:

Thanks
if you could please extract ur firmware (Aprom and data ) so i can flash them to my smok veneno that would be great. my mod is bricked and i cant find the firmware anywhere on the internet.. :))

VU Sponsors