Become a Patron!

Smok X Cube II - Smok's Temp Control Take 2

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Its all possessed I say every one of the apps acts up on me differently I give I am just going to use it as a power box I give

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Its all possessed I say every one of the apps acts up on me differently I give I am just going to use it as a power box I give
Ahh thats what happened to me mate, some wouldn't let me update to TI and SS, some crashed-but for me the 4th one down worked.

Also, now I have properly got the Xcube 2 working-remembering settings on battery removal-the TC is actually working stellar. It is smooth-it never was before.

I hope you can get it working-as when it works, it seems to work well indeed.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ahh thats what happened to me mate, some wouldn't let me update to TI and SS, some crashed-but for me the 4th one down worked.

Also, now I have properly got the Xcube 2 working-remembering settings on battery removal-the TC is actually working stellar. It is smooth-it never was before.

I hope you can get it working-as when it works, it seems to work well indeed.
haha I uninstalled again.. reinstalled the 4th down and it worked.. thanks man...
I thought it was
3666136-5719310562-13266_medium.jpg

art247

Member For 4 Years
ive been following this thread and downloaded the app but did not use it
google play recently upgraded this app
so i turned on my bluetooth and renamed my xcube
after turning off and restarting the app and bluetooth now i have ni200 ti and stainless steel options
uninstall the app reinstall it and do what i did and see if it upgrades are on and it didnt cost a thing
glad i waited

Lionheart2015

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I couldn't do it with the new version, Im using version 2.4.5.2 and think I had it from previous page and it's now working and upgraded to both ti and ss on the new smok firmware.

harpo1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It doesn't matter what version I try and install on my OnePlus One I get a 505 error. Piece of shit app. It amazes me how many problems they have with this app.
Not familiar with 505 error

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone could help me out with the xcube 2. I have it working fine with my Herakles and crown running nickel but when I try to use the TFV4 with titanium I get no flavor at all and it never seems to get to the set temperature.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well here is an update by me.. I did the upgarde to the latest firmware.. Upgrade to SS
received some 304 SS and It works really well. I do not really have anything to compare to as I just started down the TC route
But for 55.00 cant beat it so far.

One strange event happened.. Out of the blue the LED screen went dark.. So I thought it was in stealth mode.. No dice tried to get it out nothing worked
yanked the batteries put them back in still same issue. Then just as weird as it came suddently the LED screen came back on and its been fine ever since.. Its possible that demons have possessed my vape gear but more than likely their are a few oddballs bits with this firmware.

Sucks, can't say it lacks the power for that beast TFV4. :p

Okay... the silly stuff first... you HAVE upgraded it for Titanium, yes, and you have it in Ti mode?

Presuming that's a yes... do you have another TC mod that can fire the TFV4, and/or another Ti tank or RDA build to test on the xCube?

Yes i have upgraded it and its in TI mode on dual coil. I just tried it on my ipv d2 and it was reading no liquid.. idk if that has quite enough power

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hey guys I was wondering if anyone could help me out with the xcube 2. I have it working fine with my Herakles and crown running nickel but when I try to use the TFV4 with titanium I get no flavor at all and it never seems to get to the set temperature.

Are you using a ti head or the rba deck with Ti? If your using the ti head, try taking it off and putting it back on and make sure it's tightened down, if there's even a little gap, it make not read the resistance right.

If your using the rba deck, do the same thing, but also make sure your screws are nice and tight and you have good connection. I have found with ti, that sometimes after firing it, the leads loosen up a little. Just had that today (in fact on my tfv4 mini). Wasn't hitting right, got home and sure enough, I needed to tighten the screws down just a touch and not its hitting perfectly

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ok im using a TI head ill try tightening it down but its reading right on the mod. Ill try doing that though thank you.

That happens. It will read right, but if the leads aren't tighten down all the way, the second you supply power, the resistance jumps all over the place. What kind of build are you using? Is it the single or dual coil rba? If single, try to make sure that the leads aren't touching the walls after going through the lead hole (after your angle turn). I try to put a hairline gap between the wall and wire as it goes up to coil. If it touches the wall, it may throw off the resistance

d
That happens. It will read right, but if the leads aren't tighten down all the way, the second you supply power, the resistance jumps all over the place. What kind of build are you using? Is it the single or dual coil rba? If single, try to make sure that the leads aren't touching the walls after going through the lead hole (after your angle turn). I try to put a hairline gap between the wall and wire as it goes up to coil. If it touches the wall, it may throw off the resistance

I'm using the prebuilt titanium coils. But I will definitely try tightening it more to make sure its all the way in.

VapingN252

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So let me get this right, I've read that you have to pay to use features on the smok? If so, why is anybody buying this thing? If they think this is okay, I can see a snow ball effect

Lionheart2015

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So let me get this right, I've read that you have to pay to use features on the smok? If so, why is anybody buying this thing? If they think this is okay, I can see a snow ball effect
It does tc on ni200 as standard, but for ti and ss there is a small charge, 49c and 99c, it's very cheap to do, also the mod is amazingly cheap in the first place, I really didn't mind supporting the company in this way, nothing is free in the world, why people get so upset about supporting a company after you use there products I have no idea.

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

You don't have to pay to use titanium or stainless steel. You are basically paying to have those two words as presets in the menu screen. If you choose to not pay, you just have to adjust the tcr value in nickel mode.

I'm fine with paying a $1 for additional features. It helps ensure that they will keep updating. I'd rather pay the $1 to add a new wire rather than go out and buy a new mod. They aren't charging for updates, just the upgrade for additional wire types.

I understand what you're saying about a snowball effect though. We just have to choose wisely about what we decide to pay for and not pay for.

VapingN252

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Okay. Makes sense. It's a convenience fee and you can still manual. So do their setting seem to work well? I ask because I'm thinking about getting one. I'm a DNA 200 lover. Best tc to me. But if smok keeps up with the wires, they sound worth dealing with.

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Okay. Makes sense. It's a convenience fee and you can still manual. So do their setting seem to work well? I ask because I'm thinking about getting one. I'm a DNA 200 lover. Best tc to me. But if smok keeps up with the wires, they sound worth dealing with.

I have 2 dna200, and sxmini m and the xcube2 works similar. The only downside to it is you can't set a max wattage in TC mode. You set your temp and then choose a preheat, setting between minimum, soft, normal, hard or max. Find it works best on minimum or soft, otherwise you temp limit too quickly. Plus you can adjust the tcr on all wire types if you don't want it to limit so quickly.

For the price, you can't beat it with all the features.

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The stock Ni Only xCube, mine at least, won't do SS properly.

The TCR adjust has a range of 0.004 to 0.008.
Ni is right about 0.006
Ti should be a tad lower than 0.004 and SS should be 0.002 or lower.
It's possible to drop it all the way to 0.004 and use SS as though it were in a Ti mode, but it's imprecise.

Paying for one or both of the upgrades is only way to expand the TCR range.

Do you have the latest update? Mine lets me adjust the tcr on nickel to whatever I want.

Ni200 is .06

Ti is .0365

SS is between .0086 and .0105

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Do you have the latest update? Mine lets me adjust the tcr on nickel to whatever I want.

Ni200 is .06

Ti is .0365

SS is between .0086 and .0105
You are off by a factor of 10.

Ni is 0.005
Ti is 0.003
SS is 0.0008 - 0.00155 depending on type.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok I just lost it the LED screen was doing some kind of Matrix thing over and over then turning off..
So I reflashed it so far so good.. This thing is possessed

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I can not get my x cube to connect on any of my devices. I did the firmware up grade and its like I'm not even sending out a bluetooth signal. Very annoying.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I can not get my x cube to connect on any of my devices. I did the firmware up grade and its like I'm not even sending out a bluetooth signal. Very annoying.
Turn on bluetooth on the Xcube May help +- button together will show on or off

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks but I have the Bluetooth on. I'm using a Samsung Note 4 running Android 5.1 and I can't even get it to connect. I tried it with another Android phone as well with a tablet and no luck. X cube is brand new out of the box.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks but I have the Bluetooth on. I'm using a Samsung Note 4 running Android 5.1 and I can't even get it to connect. I tried it with another Android phone as well with a tablet and no luck. X cube is brand new out of the box.
what app version are you using on the phones

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
2.5.1 keep getting the Vaporizer not found please make sure your Vaporizer is powered on.

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You are off by a factor of 10.

Ni is 0.005
Ti is 0.003
SS is 0.0008 - 0.00155 depending on type.

Yep, forgot the zero. Was typing sitting in parking lot in between lacrosse games

Slurve

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My x cube 2 keeps firing by itself. It doesn't appear to be sticking but I loosened the allen screws and it hasn't fixed it. Has anyone else had this happen? I tried updating but that didn't fix it either.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It's to adjust the LED lights on the mod. You can adjust it on your phone
I'm not 100% sure because I only had mine for a day and the bluetooth didn't work but I'm pretty sure you can adjust a lot more than just the lights. I think you can adjust the coefficients, temperature, wire, presets and much more.

I'm not 100% sure because I only had mine for a day and the bluetooth didn't work but I'm pretty sure you can adjust a lot more than just the lights. I think you can adjust the coefficients, temperature, wire, presets and much more.
Well that's good to know... But I know in the settings you can adjust that as well. Do you know the amp output of the device?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well that's good to know... But I know in the settings you can adjust that as well. Do you know the amp output of the device?
I'm sure someone here knows. Like I said I didn't get a lot time with it and I'm still waiting on my replacement from ecig.com. They say it shipped Friday.

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
With the Bluetooth app, you can adjust all the settings of the mod and more. Most can be done from the mod itself, but it's easier with the app. You can choose what type of wire, preheat setting, adjust tcr, change led colors, upgrade the wire types (can't be done without app), set puff limits and you can also view real time stats such as puff length, amperage, wattage, Volts and temperature

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What a shady company ecigcom. is. Unbelievable, after sending me a defective X Cube 2 with a scratch in it now they tell me they are out of stock. I had the mod for exactly 1 day. First they want me to pay the shipping to send back their garbage. After arguing with them they agree to send a label and pay the shipping. After confirming that the device does not work properly they sent me an email telling me my replacement is going out Friday. I respond back with a request for a tracking # and get no reply. Monday morning I email them and request a tracking #, no reply. Monday afternoon I send another email request, no reply. Monday night I call, no answer so I leave a detailed message. Still no one gets back to me. Tuesday morning I call and the head of customer service tells me that the item is now out of stock. She claims that she emailed me about this but must have forgot to hit the send button. What a joke. These guys may have some of the best prices but their customer service is non existent. Next time I'll gladly pay a few dollars more and deal with a reputable company. Oh yeah I almost forgot I also emailed one of the owners Josh Loe and guess what, no reply. SMFH

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
if you can find the koopor plus 200w
its the same board as the xcube in a traditional box mod with usb instead of blue tooth and has the latest firmaware already installed

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
if you can find the koopor plus 200w
its the same board as the xcube in a traditional box mod with usb instead of blue tooth and has the latest firmaware already installed
I hear you Matt but I honestly think after this experience I am probably done with Smok and ecig.com. There are way to many companies out there doing things right to have to put up with this type of nonsense. I'll just find another internet retailer, one that actually has a customer service department

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That's too bad... and surprising.
I've ordered 3 times from them. Would order again.

Josh was so good to me... I got my xCube for $42.
I honestly don't even remember what the issue I had was, but it wasn't their fault and was obviously minor (thus the forgetfulness). He just said... sorry that happened, have a coupon code.
Yeah to make matters worse. It was a birthday gift. Now I'm going on 3 weeks without a mod that was bought and paid for. I emailed Josh early this morning and no response at all. I am surprised to hear this as well because most people have good things to say about them but if you check their FB page lately the reviews are horrible. I almost never publicly give a company a bad review but man I feel like I'm at the end of my rope with these guys.

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I hear you Matt but I honestly think after this experience I am probably done with Smok and ecig.com. There are way to many companies out there doing things right to have to put up with this type of nonsense. I'll just find another internet retailer, one that actually has a customer service department

Check out originvape. They have good prices and excellent customer service. The owner emails back right away and even remembers people who order. Since I've bought a few things from them, he even held a wismic dna200 for me. They also always have a 10% off coupon, "add10"

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Check out originvape. They have good prices and excellent customer service. The owner emails back right away and even remembers people who order. Since I've bought a few things from them, he even held a wismic dna200 for me. They also always have a 10% off coupon, "add10"
Will do. Thanks

ecigdotcom

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
What a shady company ecigcom. is. Unbelievable, after sending me a defective X Cube 2 with a scratch in it now they tell me they are out of stock. I had the mod for exactly 1 day. First they want me to pay the shipping to send back their garbage. After arguing with them they agree to send a label and pay the shipping. After confirming that the device does not work properly they sent me an email telling me my replacement is going out Friday. I respond back with a request for a tracking # and get no reply. Monday morning I email them and request a tracking #, no reply. Monday afternoon I send another email request, no reply. Monday night I call, no answer so I leave a detailed message. Still no one gets back to me. Tuesday morning I call and the head of customer service tells me that the item is now out of stock. She claims that she emailed me about this but must have forgot to hit the send button. What a joke. These guys may have some of the best prices but their customer service is non existent. Next time I'll gladly pay a few dollars more and deal with a reputable company. Oh yeah I almost forgot I also emailed one of the owners Josh Loe and guess what, no reply. SMFH

Hey Jack, I think we've got this settled on this end and again my apologies for missing your email.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey Jack, I think we've got this settled on this end and again my apologies for missing your email.
Yes Josh so far its settled. I will update this status as soon as I receive my replacement. That would be the only fair thing to do.

Last edited:

ecigdotcom

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Yes Josh so far its settled. I will update this status as soon as I receive my replacement. That would be the only fair thing to do.
Yeah man sorry again about the issue and appreciate the feedback, we aim to have the best customer service and prices in the industry so this only helps us get closer to that goal.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah man sorry again about the issue and appreciate the feedback, we aim to have the best customer service and prices in the industry so this only helps us get closer to that goal.
I appreciate that and the fact that you put yourself out here on this forum. Definitely a positive step in the right direction. Hopefully we can put this behind us and I can go forward and enjoy my birthday gift. Looking forward to receiving my new X Cube 2 replacement.

VU Sponsors