Become a Patron!

Smok X-priv 510 connection just spinning

S13hitman

Member For 1 Year
I now see they are just crimped/pressed from the factory without anything to tighten down.

My tank will not come off due to the 510 connection just spinning in place. The crazy part is it works fine but not serviceable.

I did try to epoxy it in place without luck. It looks like my only option is to desolder the board and disassemble it completely unless you guys and gals have a trick. I have desoldered the bottom portion previously to clean out oil build up when it stop working or fired by itself.

Hope this isn't trash yet, I like to fix shit...

choderfett

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not sure why the 510 is spinning..i think the 510 is screwed in via a nut fron the underside.
Maybe some pictures to see what you got going on there? Doesnt sound to safe to continue to use it cause it might short on you.

Here's a break down on a Gpriv.. maybe it can help.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I promise. You will never get it off without breaking the mod open and holding the 510 connector from underneath.. Take it from one who knows firsthand.
broken x-priv.jpg

S13hitman

Member For 1 Year
Not sure why the 510 is spinning..i think the 510 is screwed in via a nut fron the underside.
Maybe some pictures to see what you got going on there? Doesnt sound to safe to continue to use it cause it might short on you.

Here's a break down on a Gpriv.. maybe it can help.

There's no nut to tighten on the xpriv. it's just pressed in and crimped. I'm sure someone else here has run into the same issue but did you fix it and how...

the other smok products with the same failure are either easier to fix or rig the 510 to atleast not spin. The xpriv requires desoldering the damn wires. Maybe I'll attempt a break down but not if this device isn't super popular.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
WHAT model is that?
It looks like you forgot the screws were holding it together. lmao
That's my niece's X-Priv. There are no screws. I had to put it in a vise to break it open so I could grab the 510 from inside the mod to screw the tank off. This was after 2 days of trying everything else. You'll see.

S13hitman

Member For 1 Year
Okay well I'll have to do so to save my tank anyway. I'll see if i can not do what happened to your nieces.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
She got her 510 loose by dropping the mod. if you figure out any other way than breaking it open, you will have my very sincere respect and public apology :D

I now see they are just crimped/pressed from the factory without anything to tighten down.

My tank will not come off due to the 510 connection just spinning in place. The crazy part is it works fine but not serviceable.

I did try to epoxy it in place without luck. It looks like my only option is to desolder the board and disassemble it completely unless you guys and gals have a trick. I have desoldered the bottom portion previously to clean out oil build up when it stop working or fired by itself.

Hope this isn't trash yet, I like to fix shit...
my i priv same problem

Attachments

• 15645384124432109628359.jpg
    15645384124432109628359.jpg
    403 KB · Views: 13
  • 15645384913201263157505.jpg
    15645384913201263157505.jpg
    316.7 KB · Views: 8

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
my i priv same problem

That sucks.
I've had similar happen with a different mod but got lucky when I took the cover off because it had a way to fasten it from the inside.

Besides dumping a ton of glue and or epoxy on there and hoping for the best I have nothing.

S13hitman

Member For 1 Year
Guys I tried putting my x-priv back together with strong epoxy and different types and had little luck. The tank would eventually strip the base off after 1 use. My advice is to never purchase another smok product again. Get an aegis legend for $45 or something that has good reviews. Every smok product I ever purchased was poor quality, leaked and/or fell apart.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
JB Weld around the connector from the inside assuming it is still electronically functional. I spoke in error here one time saying that you couldn't get inside an X-Priv without breaking it. Actually you can.

VU Sponsors