Become a Patron!

SMOK X-Priv SS & TCR ?

I have a SMOK X-Priv and have a Themis Dual Deck RTA on top with dual 8 wrap 24AWG 316L SS at 3.5 diameter. I would like to try TC with this, but don't know how to set TCR after researching. TCR was preset at 105 - but every thing I read about TCR has .000092 for SS. So, is the setting then 92 - with the chip knowing to add the zeros?

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
TC is more suited to prebuilt factory coils that burn easily if to much power is applied. However, what you mainly need to consider, is SS has a very low resistance and requires large coils (in your case 24ga, 8 wrap, 3.5id x2) to be honest, you will get a much better vape using a Kanthal Core clapton wrapped in high ga (32+) SS. The kanthal core takes far less power (and battery life) to heat than the same core in SS, but the SS wrap transfers heat from the core much better than using a kanthal wrap would. Since SS is more conductive it takes more power to heat (from resistance) but conducts heat better.
Mind you, TC is possible with those coils.. but not really beneficial.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm certainly not in a position to challenge anybody and shouldn't be taken that way.

I can only report that I am running dual 28 ga. twisted 316L claptoned with 36 ga. 316L. 6 wraps.
It ohms out to .27 for the pair, cold.
Bonza RDA.
I have my X-Priv set to 95 watts/400 F/94 TCR and it vapes really great.

Yes, forget all the zeros.

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm certainly not in a position to challenge anybody and shouldn't be taken that way.

I can only report that I am running dual 28 ga. twisted 316L claptoned with 36 ga. 316L. 6 wraps.
It ohms out to .27 for the pair, cold.
Bonza RDA.
I have my X-Priv set to 95 watts/400 F/94 TCR and it vapes really great.

Yes, forget all the zeros.

Ya, necro posting here...but just wanted to say thanks for this.
I used 94 TCR and it worked nicely for my DIY 26AWG SS316L coil build in the Baby tank using the RDA head. (ended up using 40W, 245C, 0.28Ω)

On a X-Priv Baby:

IMG_20190212_102933.jpg

VU Sponsors