hi all

my smok x-priv only shows the voltage while the fire key is pressed
as soon as the fire key is released the voltage shows as zero
is this how its made
or
is my unit smoqualitied

megsnd

Member For 1 Year
I think that's how it is made. I just got the smok majesty and it does the same thing

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

G>O>M

Member For 1 Year
then i have to wonder at the validity of the reviewers of these things

i have not seen one of them comment on this or put it in the cons
as a suggestion to make them better units

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Welcome to VU both of you. I have a curious question (of no help on your question, sorry). If you are vaping, how do you see the display?

G>O>M

Member For 1 Year
fast click while watching it
then off before it burns the coil / cotton / juice
you can see the voltage go up, but as its a fast click ... to avoid the aforementioned
its not a stable reading .. or at least at the speed i do it its not a stable reading .. at first i thought it wasnt working at all because all the advert pics of the device/s show a voltage reading

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Does it affect the quality of the vape? Im not versed in either of your mods, but it could just be some Smok weirdness. QC and consistency is not one of Smok's strongpoints.

G>O>M

Member For 1 Year
the usefulness to me in knowing it, is for battery longevity
i would rather recharge my batteries at an exact known voltage, than an icon that shows roughly whats left.. and often being caught short cause its wrong
add also knowing the exact voltage of the batteries after recharge ... hence the state .. hence some safety aspect

Last edited:

maxmillion1982

Member For 4 Years
Procolor does same thing. From what i can tell, the voltage doesnt drop until the mod shuts the battery down at its 3.1v shut off. I could be mistaken though as i really dont pay attention to it.

VU Sponsors