Become a Patron!

Smok xcube 2 160tc "BEC" app

purpleduck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Has anybody managed to get the app to function? I've tried running this app on my phone running Android v4.2.2 and my tablet running lollipop 5.0.2. As soon as I access the app with my xcube on I get "vaporizer not found. Make sure your vaporizer is powered on". It then gives me the option to confirm or cancel. Either one I select i get "unfortunately the app has stopped". I have been trying for 2 days now. I did finally manage to get registered but of course a soon as I did the app stopped I have Bluetooth turned on on my phone and tablet. I also have the xcube turned on. Any help? Please.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Has anybody managed to get the app to function? I've tried running this app on my phone running Android v4.2.2 and my tablet running lollipop 5.0.2. As soon as I access the app with my xcube on I get "vaporizer not found. Make sure your vaporizer is powered on". It then gives me the option to confirm or cancel. Either one I select i get "unfortunately the app has stopped". I have been trying for 2 days now. I did finally manage to get registered but of course a soon as I did the app stopped I have Bluetooth turned on on my phone and tablet. I also have the xcube turned on. Any help? Please.

Yeah it works.. did you turn on Bluetooth on the Xcube II before trying to find it on your phone.. if not press the + - buttons at same time it will show Bluetooth either on or off.. also make sure your phone has bluetooth on.. It finds it real quick

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I might suggest removing the app, re installing it, and logging in to it before turning the bluetooth on on your mod. Seems to make a difference.

harpo1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hell at least you can install the app. I get a 505 error every time I try and install it. Had I know this I would never have bought this device.

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

I have got the app to work and connect to my mod on a Samsung S4 running Lollipop. It's when I tried to register and login for the TC upgrades that I started having trouble. Managed to register but every login attempt crashed the app. Found an older version of the app and now instead of crashing it says "unknown error, contact administrator". I'm hoping that this is progress and the servers are just busy.

I might suggest removing the app, re installing it, and logging in to it before turning the bluetooth on on your mod. Seems to make a difference.
By golly I'll try this now. Thanks for the tip. I paired and messed around with the app before registering. Standby.

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
No dice. Same error. This all could have been avoided if there was a way to purchase the upgrade on the web and transfer via USB. Updating the firmware was a piece of cake but activating the additional functions via the app is damn impossible.

I just wanna try TC on some stainless coils dang it.

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The only reason I need it at all at this point is to activate SS TC.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have got the app to work and connect to my mod on a Samsung S4 running Lollipop. It's when I tried to register and login for the TC upgrades that I started having trouble. Managed to register but every login attempt crashed the app. Found an older version of the app and now instead of crashing it says "unknown error, contact administrator". I'm hoping that this is progress and the servers are just busy.

By golly I'll try this now. Thanks for the tip. I paired and messed around with the app before registering. Standby.
Dude you need the earlier version of the app I had the exact same problem if you need a link to it let me know

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Dude you need the earlier version of the app I had the exact same problem if you need a link to it let me know
I moved back to 2.4.5.2 and that's the problems I'm having with it. Network anomalies and when I try to login there's an unknown error. I'm happy to try another version though.

In another thread elsewhere a user says the older app might be using older servers that have been taken down. The older version used to work and doesn't any longer.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I moved back to 2.4.5.2 and that's the problems I'm having with it. Network anomalies and when I try to login there's an unknown error. I'm happy to try another version though.

In another thread elsewhere a user says the older app might be using older servers that have been taken down. The older version used to work and doesn't any longer.
Fuck try this for shits and giggles.. go to apps in settings go to the BEC app then clear all data then open it back up I had some success doing this if the older apps stopped working the only hope is to wait for a fix from SMOK.. my Xcube II stopped working I have given up its just broke

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Damned you are right I just fixed my Xcube II again had to push in the connector for the screen after removing the top it lost all its settings already purchased the upgrades wont let me log in so now its only working in Voltage and Power mode fuck me

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Fuck try this for shits and giggles.. go to apps in settings go to the BEC app then clear all data then open it back up I had some success doing this if the older apps stopped working the only hope is to wait for a fix from SMOK.. my Xcube II stopped working I have given up its just broke
I tried clearing the data but get the same errors. Thanks for the tip, wish it had worked.

Still loving the mod though, using it in Ni200 TC on a Crown at the moment but really wish I could use the SS TC setting that I bought it for... :mad:

harpo1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I can't even get this stupid fucking app to install on my OnePlus One. I've tried every version of it. Contacted SMOK a couple months ago but no reply. Thank god I have an ipad mini lying around but it sure would be nice to have a working app on my phone. Definitely the last mod I will own by SMOK.

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I can't even get this stupid fucking app to install on my OnePlus One. I've tried every version of it. Contacted SMOK a couple months ago but no reply. Thank god I have an ipad mini lying around but it sure would be nice to have a working app on my phone. Definitely the last mod I will own by SMOK.
iOS works!? Have you used it to login and upgrade? I have a coworker that has an iPhone. If I can use that to upgrade then I'm all good. I can do everything else from the mod menu. I don't think I would care about the app otherwise.

harpo1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
iOS works!? Have you used it to login and upgrade? I have a coworker that has an iPhone. If I can use that to upgrade then I'm all good. I can do everything else from the mod menu. I don't think I would care about the app otherwise.
It does and I have.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Do you know of a version that works when upgrading to SS temp coefficients at this time? I'd love to do that.

I origanaly upgraded mine on an Iphone. Neither my tablet or cell have bluetooth 4.. I do have most if not all of the .APK files for the app (Android). I don't know which work ok and which don't. The ONLY thing you need the stupid app for, is to "upgrade" the Ti and SS options. After that is done, everything else can be done from the mod without the app. Has anybody tried running the android app through an emulator?

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I origanaly upgraded mine on an Iphone. Neither my tablet or cell have bluetooth 4.. I do have most if not all of the .APK files for the app (Android). I don't know which work ok and which don't. The ONLY thing you need the stupid app for, is to "upgrade" the Ti and SS options. After that is done, everything else can be done from the mod without the app. Has anybody tried running the android app through an emulator?
Exactly. I have tried an older version and it also does not work. It can be done on a PC with an emulator and a BT dongle but the current problem is the app itself, not the phone. The older version of the app is trying to access old servers that aren't online any more so that doesn't work either.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Still no luck if anyone gets in going on the Android let me know dear god I want to spank Smok in the face

purpleduck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
MrScaryZ would you please send me the older version? I would like to give it a shot. I'm having the same prob as KeyserSoze. I can do everything except the upgrade. I have tried it on android v4.2.2 as well as lollipop.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

WestCan

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I need the old iOS app, vaping tour has decreased functionality unless the mini is just crappy.

VU Sponsors