Become a Patron!

Smoke alarms went off!

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Last night I was gaming a bit, and vaping alot... and BAM!!! The smoke alarms in my house went off. I had no idea that it would make them go off, but when I turned the lights on it looked like snoop doggs house in my basement. Anyone else have this happen to them?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Always enjoy reading about when it happens

I remember awhile back someone posted about it happening to them at the Disneyland Hotel, lol

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had it happen a few times. Just run a fan.

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Worst part.... 1am. 4 year old and 6 year old were not thrilled about it... father of the year! On the bright side...they ran out of their rooms to the main floor like we talked about doing when this happens.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Worst part.... 1am. 4 year old and 6 year old were not thrilled about it... father of the year! On the bright side...they ran out of their rooms to the main floor like we talked about doing when this happens.

All kidding aside - a home fire drill is not a bad idea at all

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Guess I know how to test it again....just fire up the avocado

lol!

I've had this happen once.
was on a blackops zombie binge. didn't even hear the alarms till my gf came in waving her arms at me like a zombie!
gotta love them turtle beach headphones!

Stuff for sale...Inquire within.

bugalien

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh dear! I hope I don't do that. The smoke alarms at my apartment are hooked up to the electric and like nothing I have ever heard! When my husband opened the door as the grill was smoking, We had quite the time figuring out how to stop it. It is the loudest zappy bell sound and really caused me a panic attack and partial temporary deafness. lol

I will sure be careful not to over vape when I am playing WoW if gaming is part of the risk factor. hehe

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Last night I was gaming a bit, and vaping alot... and BAM!!! The smoke alarms in my house went off. I had no idea that it would make them go off, but when I turned the lights on it looked like snoop doggs house in my basement. Anyone else have this happen to them?

Last year I found out the hard way at around 3am, they evacuated the building. I just stood outside playing dumb ;)

My wife is a RN at a psych hospital and one of her co workers was to lazy to step outside to vape so off to the bathroom she went. A few minutes later the fire alarms went off and the fire department was sent out mind you this was at about 2 in the morning. She got lucky though cause her work let her set up payment arrangements for the fire department to show up for a false alarm instead of taking it out of her check once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

"Family, this has been a test, only a test. You all passed with flying colors. Please return to your beds for the remainder of your scheduled sleeping activities."

I've done it once late at night in my office. Unfortunately all of our smoke detectors are hard wired into our home and if one goes off.........they all go off.
Also, my wife doesn't allow me to vape inside. Up until then she only suspected, but couldn't prove I vaped inside when she was in bed or at work. The smell dissipates so quickly she either couldn't tell or couldn't prove it because, like any red blooded married male who is confronted by his wife, I would of course..............DENY, DENY, DENY!!!

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The basement and garage are the only places I vape... mine too are hardwired together..all of the alarms on the house went off

I'm allowed to vape outside, in the garage, and anywhere there's a strong enough air freshener that she can't tell.
I'm in charge at my house! She tells me not to vape inside, but as soon as she goes to bed or to work...........I vape inside.

I always tell everyone that I run my household.
I run to the store when she tells me to.
I run to pick up the kids when she tells me to.
I run to wherever she is to kill a spider...........yep, you guessed it. When she tells me to.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I placed diapers on the alarm in the office and hallway, if the vapor travels further than that....(guess) I have a serious vaping problem.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I run to wherever she is to kill a spider...........yep, you guessed it. When she tells me to.

Look at the bright-side, at least you can vape while doing all that running around.....:devil:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The basement and garage are the only places I vape... mine too are hardwired together..all of the alarms on the house went off

Bet that got you some brownie points.....:D

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Specifically made for smoke alarms, like when painting....et al.

Well, the self adhering ones would've helped cover the smell, but some my kid's ones would've crawled off the smoke detectors and tried to smother someone while they were sleeping.
Thank goodness those days are over. Now if I could only get them to pay their own college tuition, rent, car insurance, etc., and to understand that I didn't give them grocery money so they would have enough gas to drive to my home and do their grocery shopping in my pantry.

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Indeed....but I've been divorced for about 25 years, guess it was the smoking......:D

Contemplating the newfound benefits of returning to stinkies...........
Worst case scenario: I have a wife and 3 kids so why the hell would I want to live as long as possible? :idea:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, the self adhering ones would've helped cover the smell, but some my kid's ones would've crawled off the smoke detectors and tried to smother someone while they were sleeping.
Thank goodness those days are over. Now if I could only get them to pay their own college tuition, rent, car insurance, etc., and to understand that I didn't give them grocery money so they would have enough gas to drive to my home and do their grocery shopping in my pantry.
I think that's a trend....!

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Set mine off just to see if it could be done.
Hell I set it off cooking tonight and it was not smokey.
All hail the annoying smoke detectors, save my neighbors ass about this time last year. Dude fell asleep boiling eggs, entire place was FILLED with white thick smoke just getting down to his level of where he was sleeping.
FD called but I somehow woke him up, as soon as he opened the door I grabbed him and pulled him out then went in to vent the place since I saw no open flames.
FD shows up, looks then brings up a couple fans, chew him out for late night cooking, claps me on the back with an atta boy.

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Set mine off just to see if it could be done.
Hell I set it off cooking tonight and it was not smokey.
All hail the annoying smoke detectors, save my neighbors ass about this time last year. Dude fell asleep boiling eggs, entire place was FILLED with white thick smoke just getting down to his level of where he was sleeping.
FD called but I somehow woke him up, as soon as he opened the door I grabbed him and pulled him out then went in to vent the place since I saw no open flames.
FD shows up, looks then brings up a couple fans, chew him out for late night cooking, claps me on the back with an atta boy.

Who boils eggs in the middle of the night? He must've had an egg salad or an Easter Bunny fetish!
I would've come back out after venting and told him he had destroyed his kitchen, what the hell was he thinking; then gone home sadistically grinning with my junior firefighter sticker badge prominently displayed on my chest.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Who boils eggs in the middle of the night? He must've had an egg salad or an Easter Bunny fetish!
I would've come back out after venting and told him he had destroyed his kitchen, what the hell was he thinking; then gone home sadistically grinning with my junior firefighter sticker badge prominently displayed on my chest.
Different shifts, he was not used to it and from when we heard it to awake was about 45 minutes.
Dude was stone cold assed out from one to many barely sodas.
Was close enough to a flash over to not split to many hairs.

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Different shifts, he was not used to it and from when we heard it to awake was about 45 minutes.
Dude was stone cold assed out from one to many barely sodas.
Was close enough to a flash over to not split to many hairs.

I make light of things and crack jokes because, well it's who I am and I'm an ass.
On a serious note : We've all had a bone head moment or three in our lives (mine were usually when I was shit faced and silly). He's just lucky you were there and willing to put someone else's welfare before your own. I'll wholeheartedly second the fireman's 'atta boy.

Now to the more important issue........Please tell me you at least commandeered the rest of the barely sodas on your way out. For safety reasons of course.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I make light of things and crack jokes because, well it's who I am and I'm an ass.
On a serious note : We've all had a bone head moment or three in our lives (mine were usually when I was shit faced and silly). He's just lucky you were there and willing to put someone else's welfare before your own. I'll wholeheartedly second the fireman's 'atta boy.

Now to the more important issue........Please tell me you at least commandeered the rest of the barely sodas on your way out. For safety reasons of course.
Nah he drinks garbage that folk from other parts of the country consider kick ass beer, but is swily piss by Oregon beer snob standards. More about quality and abu than quantity.
What really shocks me is that no one woke up, I mean it had the enitre fire company up and down the steps and me beating on the door at 445 in the morning and not a single person woke up in the surrounding apartments.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I'm allowed to vape outside, in the garage, and anywhere there's a strong enough air freshener that she can't tell.
I'm in charge at my house! She tells me not to vape inside, but as soon as she goes to bed or to work...........I vape inside.

Sounds familiar except I send her to kill the spiders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors