Become a Patron!

Smoke Alien 220 and Apple devices

Hi can anyone help I just got a Smok Alien 220 Kit and Vaping Tour App. I can't seem to be able to find how to verify my device using the QRS codes or connect to it.

Also very annoyed I can't update the mod using a MAC

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry, no help here.

Just sharing in your frustration. We rock all apple electronics. But some things just don't play well with apple.

Resorted to getting a cheap windows machine just for such instances. Makes me feel dirty.

Sorry, no help here.

Just sharing in your frustration. We rock all apple electronics. But some things just don't play well with apple.

Resorted to getting a cheap windows machine just for such instances. Makes me feel dirty.
I just managed to verify my device but still can't connect to app do i need update first?

IMFire3605

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
You could always try running windows in a "Virtual Machine" app like VMWare or Virtual Box which allows a host OS (in your example a Mac) to run another operating system in a virtual emulation layer called a guest OS. Takes some getting used to, but plugging a device that uses windows specific programs to communicate over USB, you have to set control of a particular USB device to the windows guest to recognize it through the virtual machine app controls. All you would really need is an authentic windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 install media, don't have to register or activate it, then once installed and firmware updated you can delete the virtual guest to recover HDD space, and only need the ISO disk image to run the windows install from w/o burning it to a disk.

I do this on Linux based systems a lot when I don't have a Windows system available.

You could always try running windows in a "Virtual Machine" app like VMWare or Virtual Box which allows a host OS (in your example a Mac) to run another operating system in a virtual emulation layer called a guest OS. Takes some getting used to, but plugging a device that uses windows specific programs to communicate over USB, you have to set control of a particular USB device to the windows guest to recognize it through the virtual machine app controls. All you would really need is an authentic windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 install media, don't have to register or activate it, then once installed and firmware updated you can delete the virtual guest to recover HDD space, and only need the ISO disk image to run the windows install from w/o burning it to a disk.

I do this on Linux based systems a lot when I don't have a Windows system available.

Thanks I came across my old windows laptop and managed to update the mod through that. Im not as computer savvy as you and what you said seems a bit complicated for my head. Thanks for your advice though! Im going to keep the old laptop just for updating purposes. Im quite new to vaping so watching lots of Youtube videos. I've already got and Innokin Tc100 1st purchase, the an Itaste Kroma and now the Smok Alien. The taste of the E liquid is so much better from the Alien. Next step making RBA's. Vaping a new addiction!

VU Sponsors