1. UP FOR A NEW CHALLENGE? CLICK HERE TO CHECK IT OUT

smoke mag 225 replacement parts

Discussion in 'RECALLS, and Faulty Products' started by GrumpyEd, Mar 18, 2018.

1. GrumpyEd

GrumpyEd Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Both of my smoke mag 225 mods will not lock the battery clip any more. The small screw in the button release will disassemble the lock. my mods are only a couple months old and i noticed a lot of wear on the pin. So, to temp fix this i put a tiny piece of wood in while holding the battery mag in. If anyone knows of a lock pin replacement part (most likely not) please post.

2. theboysplusme

theboysplusme Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    The exact same thing happened to mine within the first month.:( It was so disappointing because I really liked the mod! After the battery clip randomly fell on my foot several times, I returned it to MyFreedomSmokes without any issues. If I were you, I would reach out to the merchant you purchased your mod(s) from. It definitely seems like a manufacturing defect.

3. GrumpyEd

Blog Posts:
    Here is the email i have sent [email protected]. BTW, I did a temp fix by removing the screw from the eject button and stretching the spring a little bit. Its not a fix but will hold the batts in. I have yet to receive a response.

I have 3 mag 225 mods. each one will no longer hold and lock the battery's in the device. I have had these less than three months. after a close inspection, it appears to be significant wear in the locking pin and mating part of the battery holder. I would like to request 3 new pins and battery holders as this can be fixed by removing one screw to repair. I would be glad to pay postage even though this is obviously a manufacturing and design defect.

4. Beck87

Beck87 New Member

Blog Posts:
    I took the spring out and it will tighten up enough to hold the battery in you just have to loosen the screw to change them

5. GrumpyEd

Blog Posts:
    I never did receive a response from smok. But, I did do a permanent fix. I just glued a thin shim to the battery holder opposite side of the the pin hole for a snug fit. So far it works great as long as i hold the bat holder in then push the button to minimize wear.

6. TurbulentFireweed

TurbulentFireweed New Member

Blog Posts:
    Thought you had a different problem and posted an irrelevant solution to this thread which I've since moved, however, was unable to delete this comment.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018