Become a Patron!

Smoke P22 vape pen @ sub ohms

Hello, I have a P22 vape pen with .3 ohm coil with a 3.7 volt battery which should be 58 watts. All the sub ohm charts show it to be in the red danger zone being too hot. Being a fixed voltage battery and sub ohm coil, do I have a problem of over heating the coil and producing formaldehyde from the vg in the vape juice? I use cbd vape oil that has vg in it. I do not care about how much smoke it produces I just want the benefits of the CBD. Is 58 watts too high, being a .3 dual coil is the total ohms .15 ohms or .3 ohms. Thank you.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
It is an all in one.. what you have is what you get. The coil is premade at 0.30 ohm. The dual coil only means they may have used a parallel coil or 2 smaller .60 ohm coils.
If I am not mistaken, I believe your MANUAL states you can not use coils below a certain resistance or the device will not work at all.
As for formaldehyde.. stop reading click bait. The entire process that was done indicating formaldehyde was formed was retracted by Harvard University and an unscientific test. I think during the test they used over 700 watts to produce formaldehyde forming agents.. NOT formaldehyde, just agents with the potential to form formaldehyde.
Fact is, if you did put a coil on your device that would produce 700w and by some fluke it did fire.. you battery would blow up long before you needed to consider formaldehyde.

VU Sponsors