Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
https://www.yahoo.com/news/smoking-vaping-increases-vulnerability-coronavirus-185642876.html

(Reuters) - Smoking or vaping makes people more vulnerable to suffering severe illness once infected by coronavirus, a spokeswoman for New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio said on Sunday.

De Blasio told a press conference earlier on Sunday that people who smoke or vape are at higher risk.

"If you are a smoker or a vaper that does make you more vulnerable," de Blasio said, urging New Yorkers to seek help in quitting. "If you are a smoker or a vaper this is a very good time to stop that habit and we will help you."

De Blasio also said people over the age of 50 and with heart disease, lung disease, cancer, immune system vulnerability or diabetes face increased risks.

(This story has been refiled to restore mayor's first name)

(Reporting by Nathan Layne in New York; Editing by Daniel Wallis)

Last edited:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
smoking, probably yes. Vaping maybe no since PG may interfere with the virus.

Of course the habit of sharing your vape is stupid considering the Corona virus and flu and such.

Yes the article lumping vaping with cigarette smoking is ridiculous- more fear mongering!

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Fear mongering, esp from those we pay to respresent, should have consequences.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
bill-de-blasio-claims-its-illegal-to-send-illegal-immigrants-48807970.png

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There is some logic to this. If you smoke cigarettes or vape, you often come in contact with your face. The chance is perhaps greater, but not enough to seriously worry about it

Meh. They are talking about the virus being more harmful to vapor's after infection.

more vulnerable to suffering severe illness once infected by coronavirus

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I was thinking more about the thread where the guy? was having trouble with the nozzle on his vape.

I know!! But then I read that the FDA was cracking down on a mod with hoses. :giggle: I couldn’t believe there really was one!

That other thread was hilarious. I wish the OP would post some more!

VU Sponsors