Become a Patron!

Smoktech H-Priv, dual LG HD4s, and a TFV8 Cloud Beast

NickyGiaccone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I got my the final pieces of my orders in the mail today. I have had bad quality Smok mods in the past but the H-Priv is to hold me over until the IPV6X is released. It can definitely hit 190W at least. I read the HD4 2000mAH 25amp 18650s are better than the VTC4s so I got those. First let's talk about the TFV8 Cloud Beast subohm tank. It fits fine on the Smok H-Prive as it does on my Hcigar VT200 DNA box mod which is about the same size. It's a little top heavy as it is on the Hcigar VT200 DNA but is not completely ridiculous. I'm favoring the V8-T6 as it produces cooler vaping and is easier on my lungs. The clouds and flavor produced from this monster tank and coil is something you must see to believe. It drinks e-liquid like crazy, but I have plenty on hand and the coils on my buddy's last him almost a week so I'll be trying the V8-T8 when the current coil I swapped into the tank dies out. It's going to be a money pit as far as coil purchasing goes but I've found sites with cheap 3-packs so I'm not too worried. The experience is worth it, though.
The H-Priv regulated box mod appealed to me because of it's $40 price tag and the fact it has simpler ramp up modes than the Sigelei 213 Fuchai and also because it can pump a but more wattage output than the the 213 Fuchai. The battey hatch isn't hard to use like many are complaining about, and the construction is overall solid for a cheaper device. It fires as I choose and the menu is simple. I just pop all Smok tanks on depending on my mood and they aren't obnoxiously oversized looking in my opinion. If you want the ramp up output modes that are simple and more user friendly with more wattage output than the TFV8 Cloud Beast and H-Priv is a great combo. The mod comes with a Micro TFV4 which I tossed aside for now. But it's another bonus that makes the purchase seem like it was a great idea. No regreats. Great overall mod just to hold me over until something better somes along like the IPV6X or another bad mamma jamma.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the Red/Black H-Priv and just ordered the other two to complete the set.
It really is just a very easy to use mod that does all I need it to do.
I also have both the Stainless and Black TFV8 tanks.
I've only used the V8-T8 and V8-Q4 coils so far.
The V8-T8 started to taste a bit burnt 2 days in so I changed it out for the V8-Q4.
After closer inspection, it looked extremely clean so it shouldn't have tasted burnt.
2 days into the V8-Q4 it also started tasting burnt so I decided to figure this one out.
I was running it on the Hohm Wrecker G2 @ 110 Watts 480°XXX FSK Temp Curve 50.0%
Turns out the temp curve is where my issue was.
While testing I moved it onto my Vapmod Spartans and kept dropping the wattage until it stopped tasting burnt.
That took me down to 85 watts.
2 days later, tasted burnt again.
I dropped it to 65 watts and it seemed to stabilize.
Going to put the V8-T8 back in tomorrow and see what wattage that'll run at without tasting burnt again.
Since I run high flavor percentage of really sweet juice, I think that is just going to kill all my coils.
I've always seemed to get much less coil life than most everyone else.
I also left the Micro TFV4 in the box, odds are it'll still be there a few years from now.
I am waiting for my IPV6X as well.
Not tried the LG HD4s nor have I done any research on them so no comments to add.
But I can say you have a nice setup. lol

NickyGiaccone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Mooch is the battery tester known around the community. search for his battery results. HD4s are as good as VTC4s and actually have the min. amperage unlike the HD2Cs that are getting all the attention. I like the HD2s because Mooch says they're actually 2100mAH not just 2000mAH which makes a world of a difference. The new TFV8 cloud beast is awesome isn't it. I will try the other coils once my V8-T6 is crapped out. I am enjoying the coil so far and of course any of the 3 coils available so far for that tank are going to have vapor and flavor like nothing else before it. I refill it a lot but it's easier and I have a ton of eliquid. Worth every cent. Thanks for also supporting the H-Priv mod as something to hold us over and that it works well.

NickyGiaccone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have the Red/Black H-Priv and just ordered the other two to complete the set.
It really is just a very easy to use mod that does all I need it to do.
I also have both the Stainless and Black TFV8 tanks.
I've only used the V8-T8 and V8-Q4 coils so far.
The V8-T8 started to taste a bit burnt 2 days in so I changed it out for the V8-Q4.
After closer inspection, it looked extremely clean so it shouldn't have tasted burnt.
2 days into the V8-Q4 it also started tasting burnt so I decided to figure this one out.
I was running it on the Hohm Wrecker G2 @ 110 Watts 480°XXX FSK Temp Curve 50.0%
Turns out the temp curve is where my issue was.
While testing I moved it onto my Vapmod Spartans and kept dropping the wattage until it stopped tasting burnt.
That took me down to 85 watts.
2 days later, tasted burnt again.
I dropped it to 65 watts and it seemed to stabilize.
Going to put the V8-T8 back in tomorrow and see what wattage that'll run at without tasting burnt again.
Since I run high flavor percentage of really sweet juice, I think that is just going to kill all my coils.
I've always seemed to get much less coil life than most everyone else.
I also left the Micro TFV4 in the box, odds are it'll still be there a few years from now.
I am waiting for my IPV6X as well.
Not tried the LG HD4s nor have I done any research on them so no comments to add.
But I can say you have a nice setup. lol
LG HD4 bateries are available at imrbatteries.com and few other places. So don't expect liionwholesale to have them.

NickyGiaccone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The Fuchai 213 sucks. But I like the ramp up output customization. The X-Cube Ultra will have the same feature and claims the first update allows 180W but I hated my old Xcube and sold it about 1 year ago. I like 2x18650 box mods so the H-Priv rocks. Unfortunately the IPV6X doesn't plan to include wattage output power options without TC modes. Smoktech.com recommends the H-Priv and Koopor Primus 300W triple 18650 mod as their ideal mod choices for the TFV* Cloud Beast under the TFV8 page so that was a deciding factor for me to make the purchase. I have a TFV4 24.5mm diameter full size tank on my RX200S and the TFV8 Beast tank on my H-Priv. I broke by 4-bay charger so the H-Priv promotes users to take advatage of the mod's USB charging. I don't care if the voltage and mAH decrease over time since I'm a battery freak and buy new sets every month. I found charging the two rear cells together then the front cell alone using a dual cell charger works great with my Wismec RX200S.

VU Sponsors