Become a Patron!

SmokTech Xpro M80 Plus CHECK ATOMIZER sos

damndirtyvapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
So I'm not at all new to vaping or to forums in general, but I did take a long break from really being involved in the hobby and am just getting back. I thought I had an account here but apparently not. For what it's worth, I AM very new to VW and subohm vaping but being a 5-year vaping veteran I've managed to get up to speed pretty quick, not to toot my own horn.

Anyway, I literally just bought a Smoktech Xpro M80 plus about five days ago. Up until today it's been nothing short of brilliant. I'm mostly running it with a Kanger Subtank. Today I took it off to refill, put it back on, and got a check atomizer message. Odd, I thought. I tried it with some other atomizers and at first they all fired just fine. Then within about 10 minutes, nothing was working.

After some fiddling I managed to get things firing consistently, but only if it's very loose in the thread. Basically if I tighten it enough not to wobble, it no longer reads.

The problem here, other than the obvious, is multifold: I just ordered a bunch of stuff for the Xpro that mostly won't run on my older ecig, an updated Provari V1. I purchased the Smok from an out-of-state shop in a city I will be moving to, but I'm not there yet so I can't bring it in easily. I spoke to the owner of that shop and he recommended that I take it to a nearby vape shop and I finally found one who sells the Xpro M80 so I'll bring it in later, but not sure how much they can do on site. Smoktech has terrible customer service and I'm not used to this after having a Provari as my primary device.

The big questions are these: 1) has anyone had this problem or heard of someone having it and if so, is it something I can fix on my own (how?). I'm encouraged that it's still firing, but I've never heard of things only firing when sitting so loose...

2) with all of the stuff I just ordered I really don't want to be without a device that can run .5 ohm subtank coils. In case I have to send away my M80 for a while, can anyone recommend an ideally inexpensive device that should be able to run a subtank well enough in the interim? I believe I can use the 1.2 ohm coils on my Provari but with very little wiggle room.

TLDR: 5-day-old Smoktech M80 reading check atomizer if I screw too tight. Can't bring it back to place of purchase right now. Please help.

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm unsure what it has for a 510 connector. If it has a screw, screw it outwards. If it's spring loaded, compress the spring in and out with a tool like a small screwdriver.

damndirtyvapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks very much for the advice. I did bring it in to the local shop (not purchased there) because I was a little worried if I fiddled too much I could void the warranty and as it turns out the pin was shot. Even the guy there couldn't get it to budge. I don't really understand how it was working perfectly for five days right up until I took off the tank and it just... stopped working perfectly... but there you go.

The owner of the shop I bought it from is going to replace it but it's going to probably take a couple of weeks. In the meantime I ended up purchasing an iStick 30W just so I can use most of (if not all) of that big order I placed which is compatible with the M80 but not my Provari.

Thanks again.

VU Sponsors