Become a Patron!

Smooth Creamy Almond

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This has a terrific smooth mouth feel and I just can't seem to put it down and want to mix up a 50 gallon drum of this stuff. These are flavors that are meant to be together. This is good to go after 7-10 days with daily shaking. Enjoy.
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream(CAP) 5%
Marzipan(FA) 2%
Almond(FA) .5%
Fresh Cream(FA) 1%
(I mix 30pg/70vg-2mg)

Last edited:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
OK mixed and sittin'. Waiting....
............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................waiting.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK mixed and sittin'. Waiting....
............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................waiting.
That was quick. You mix by weight, don't you?;)

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Tomorrow will be a mixing day, this one is added to the list. It should be ready when I get back from next weeks business trip to Florida. It's looking like a 4 oz. VBIC will be on my next flavor order. Thanks for the recipe Squonk!

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tomorrow will be a mixing day, this one is added to the list. It should be ready when I get back from next weeks business trip to Florida. It's looking like a 4 oz. VBIC will be on my next flavor order. Thanks for the recipe Squonk!
Where are you headed in Fla.? I'm in SE Palm Beach County

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Miami-Doral. Get in late Monday then head out Friday afternoon. Same thing the following week. Then I have a week home. After that I'll be staying there for two weeks at a time with weekend's free. Vape meet???

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Miami-Doral. Get in late Monday then head out Friday afternoon. Same thing the following week. Then I have a week home. After that I'll be staying there for two weeks at a time with weekend's free. Vape meet???
Doral is way south of me. Let me know if your travels bring you north a bit. Maybe we could meet up for a casual lunch. I'm near the Boca/ Delray Beach line about 70 miles north of Doral and east of I-95.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Oh holy moly! I used TFA, not noticing... I betcha all I taste is the VBIC. I wonder if it's stronger? Guess I'll find out in a couple days.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Doral is way south of me. Let me know if your travels bring you north a bit. Maybe we could meet up for a casual lunch. I'm near the Boca/ Delray Beach line about 70 miles north of Doral and east of I-95.
Maybe we can do it one of the weekends I'll be there in February. I'll pm you when I set my schedule.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey squonk, how does caps vbic compare to tfa version?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
I only have CAPs. I also use 2% FA Vienna and 1% Fresh Cream for my ice cream base, but I'm really loving CAPs VBIC and will get more.
Oh holy moly! I used TFA, not noticing... I betcha all I taste is the VBIC. I wonder if it's stronger? Guess I'll find out in a couple days.
Oopsie Daisy. Let me know what happens. I used FA Fresh Cream to mellow out CAPs VBIC.
Maybe we can do it one of the weekends I'll be there in February. I'll pm you when I set my schedule.
Please let me know.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This has a terrific smooth mouth feel and I just can't seem to put it down and want to mix up a 50 gallon drum of this stuff. These are flavors that are meant to be together. This is good to go after 2-3 days with daily shaking. Enjoy.
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream(CAP) 5%
Marzipan(FA) 2%
Almond(FA) .5%
Fresh Cream(FA) 1%
(I mix 30pg/70vg-2mg)

Blue Moon Ice Cream;).

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It says froot loopy and marshmallowy. Anyway......:confused:
It's sickening sweet bro, like downing a bottle of Karo, imo. I wish I could try this one but of course no VBIC, Cap or TFA, how it goes... :/ looks delicious though.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Is that what I made? I heard Blue Moon tasted fruity pebbleish.

It may not be exact but it should be a good base to work with anyway.
I've read that some get an almond taste from it.
The blue color seems to trick the brain into thinking fruits like blueberry, etc., supposedly.
Everybody seems to taste different things in it tho.
Funny I've never tried it myself, well maybe when I was a kid and just can't remember it:D.
(But it's not surprising that you like it so much)

On my list to try anyway, thanks...

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The real(true) Blue Moon Ice Cream recipe is still a closely held secret...

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Or is it?
200.gif

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Who says which is the real one? Lol. I'm from pa it's around my area. What I've tried it's just sickening sweet to me.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It's sickening sweet bro, like downing a bottle of Karo, imo. I wish I could try this one but of course no VBIC, Cap or TFA, how it goes... :/ looks delicious though.

I think that's why it's so hard to get an authentic tasting Butterscotch, Caramel, Ice Cream, etc.
Getting some of the flavor but not the same sweetness as when eating it.
They're missing the "sugar" part, and the artificial sweeteners just don't cut it IMO.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Who says which is the real one? Lol. I'm from pa it's around my area. What I've tried it's just sickening sweet to me.

The history shows the original was made either in Mich, Minn, or Wisc., dated back to the 1930's I think.
Been awhile since I've read about it.
Typical controversy as to who made the original first, and which one is the original, or best.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The history shows the original was made either in Mich, Minn, or Wisc., dated back to the 1930's I think.
Been awhile since I've read about it.
Typical controversy as to who made the original first, and which one is the original, or best.
Yup that about sums it up as far as the history of it goes.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Good idea, then I realized I PIF'd my FVD. I think I have the Dairy Milk, though.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Right as rain.....and hope you're the same. :)

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't use vbic so I always have to sub for that. I will try this. Of course , it won't taste like yours.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't use vbic so I always have to sub for that. I will try this. Of course , it won't taste like yours.
Try subbing VBIC with 2% FA Vienna Cream and possibly adding .5% FA Vanilla Classic. If you want it sweeter you can probably sub out FA Fresh Cream with CAPs Sweet cream @ 1-2%. I'm not sure how it will turn out, but that's what I would try.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Try subbing VBIC with 2% FA Vienna Cream and possibly adding .5% FA Vanilla Classic. If you want it sweeter you can probably sub out FA Fresh Cream with CAPs Sweet cream @ 1-2%. I'm not sure how it will turn out, but that's what I would try.
I normally use tfa french vanilla and tfa vanilla swirl. I don't know where I got that. I just figured that would be a more ice creamy sub.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I normally use tfa french vanilla and tfa vanilla swirl. I don't know where I got that. I just figured that would be a more ice creamy sub.
Give it a shot. It's been along time since I've used Vanilla swirl. I can't remember what it taste like.

VU Sponsors