Become a Patron!

Smooth Creamy Almond

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Damn you little Vixens for firing up my brain!:D
I'm vaping this as I type this. It's a bit strong, from the TFA version, but I do really like it. Bilberry would work in here, too. Oh!! With the orange!! I know, I know... Mandarin. I remember.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Is there anything I could sub for VBIC? Or a combination of flavoring? I'll get some next order but really would like to try this recipe or at least a feel of what it should be.
Also, anyone have any experience with both INW and FA almond? How do they compare? I swore I had FA Almond (may have been one of the ones stolen) but I do have INW Almond.

3% TFA Vanilla Swirl + 1-2% TFA/CAP Sweet Cream + 1% TFA Dairy Milk
3% TFA French Vanilla (Deluxe or Regular) + 2% TFA Dairy Milk
INW Almond should be pretty close to FA in strength IMO.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm vaping this as I type this. It's a bit strong, from the TFA version, but I do really like it. Bilberry would work in here, too. Oh!! With the orange!! I know, I know... Mandarin. I remember.
I have some
Mandarin(FA) 3.5%
VBIC(CAP) 5%
Vanilla Classic(FA) .5%
It's pretty good, but not as good as the others with 1% FA Fresh cream. Fresh cream seems to really help smooth and cream it up. One thing I noticed about FA citrus flavors is how the change after steeping. They seem to lose that nice clean freshness I like the first day or 2. Maybe it's just me.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've been finding myself leaning more towards CAPs lately. Hummm? CAPs Horchata ? Hummm? Horchata Ice cream Milk shake?
I think they must be paying attention. I'll admit I've purchased quite a few of theirs recently, where in the past, they were one of the last ones I looked at.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As I've told others. I believe they're stepping up their game. I have a few of theirs that are as potent as any FA.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
3% TFA Vanilla Swirl + 1-2% TFA/CAP Sweet Cream + 1% TFA Dairy Milk
3% TFA French Vanilla (Deluxe or Regular) + 2% TFA Dairy Milk
INW Almond should be pretty close to FA in strength IMO.
Is INW Almond close in flavor to FA Almond though?

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Is INW Almond close in flavor to FA Almond though?

Don't have the INW but FE is close in flavor to FA.
Doesn't your INW Almond taste like Almonds?:D
Because this recipe is also using Marzipan (Almonds), the secondary Almond should not be so critical IMO.
And you could also raise the Marzipan if needed.
Just in case you don't wanna wait for ordering the FA brand try it with what you have for now.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Because this recipe is also using Marzipan (Almonds), the secondary Almond should not be so critical IMO.
And you could also raise the Marzipan if needed.
Just in case you don't wanna wait for ordering the FA brand try it with what you have for now.
YEP:)

juicy76

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Now that's weird. I just filled a tank with half of the almond mix and half of my coconut mix this morning and it was great.

By the way the coconut mix was great as a shake and vape.
I'm also thinking, add 4-5% CAPs Golden Pineapple and lower the FA Coconut a tad.........See where I'm headed??? Do you Teresa P? Do ya? Huh? Huh? Do Ya?
That's like adding pinia calota to your mix

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@Squonk. A while back I was playing around with Irish Cream, Almond and Coconut. After a bit of time what I ended up with was "chocolate cake batter" tasting vape, which I quite enjoyed. (You know, old school people always survived raw cake batter. We're tough!) I never once tasted the coconut, not from the beginning,the middle or the end. My next thought for your mix was Chocolate. No cocoa, unless you just had to add it for your taste.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Squonk. A while back I was playing around with Irish Cream, Almond and Coconut. After a bit of time what I ended up with was "chocolate cake batter" tasting vape, which I quite enjoyed. (You know, old school people always survived raw cake batter. We're tough!) I never once tasted the coconut, not from the beginning,the middle or the end. My next thought for your mix was Chocolate. No cocoa, unless you just had to add it for your taste.
Unfortunately chocolate and coffee vapes don't play well with me. I love anything chocolate or coffee other than vaping. I really wish it wasn't that way.:( I really should add some Irish cream to my stash. Who makes a good one?

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unfortunately chocolate and coffee vapes don't play well with me. I love anything chocolate or coffee other than vaping. I really wish it wasn't that way.:( I really should add some Irish cream to my stash. Who makes a good one?
FA everything flavorwise! Ok well not everything but most things lol

sent from a dumb operated smartphone

ajd40

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I made the original recipe yesterday and trying to let it steep for 2 more days. The first day I vaped I wanted a recipe that tasted like a toasted almond ice cream bar. I am hoping this is it. If it is I will have a big smile on my face!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have Capella's and it's amazing....;)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well, I went ahead and mixed up Horchata Milkshake. I'll give it a day before I try it. Hopefully it doesn't become a Horchata Mistake. Get it, Milkshake..... Mistake. I'll be here all week folks, try the veal.
Have ya heard from Gopher dude?

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

I get a hint of Chocolate in FA Irish Cream but not with TFA, CAP, or FW.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Got home late last night. I'll put a fresh wick in one of my drippers and give it a shot in bit...

This was the trip from hell this week. Delayed flights, having to rebook because of missing connections... Got to my home airport at 5 am, didn't end up leaving until 12:30 pm on a different airline and finally got Ft. Lauderdale @ 11 pm and my hotel @12:30 am... Life on the road...

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got home late last night. I'll put a fresh wick in one of my drippers and give it a shot in bit...

This was the trip from hell this week. Delayed flights, having to rebook because of missing connections... Got to my home airport at 5 am, didn't end up leaving until 12:30 pm on a different airline and finally got Ft. Lauderdale @ 11 pm and my hotel @12:30 am... Life on the road...
giphy.gif

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Of course you know that TSA stands for "Thousands Standing Around"...

I'm really loving this smooth almond you came up with @Squonk! This will be a mix again in a bigger bottle! Next to try is the Apple Cinnamon Danish I mixed up last weekend...

It's looking like Super Bowl weekend will be when I'll be over your way. I'll send you a PM when I get my reservations set...

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Of course you know that TSA stands for "Thousands Standing Around"...

I'm really loving this smooth almond you came up with @Squonk! This will be a mix again in a bigger bottle! Next to try is the Apple Cinnamon Danish I mixed up last weekend...

It's looking like Super Bowl weekend will be when I'll be over your way. I'll send you a PM when I get my reservations set...
I'm glad you like it. My son is in town this weekend and he kept hogging my set up loaded with this mix. I can't figure out how I go through so much juice and battery changes when he's around.;) He did hook me up with a ton of music and brought me into the 20th century and showed me Bluetooth exist. He's one of those computer geniuses from Florida Polytechnic U.
Definitely let me know when your going to be around my area.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, now I'm pissed....tip got stuck in the cap and before I realized it, half a freakin' bottle of fresh cream hits the cup and the scale....brand new bottle....:mad::mad::mad:

JrPwnum.jpg
:eek::mad::(:mad:DAMN YOUR CURSE TERESA!!!!:mad:
I was just mixing up a test batch of Horchata Cream Cookie and the lid plopped off my VG bottle. Needless to say, I had about a 1/2 cup all over my scale.:mad: I hope it still works. I soaked it down with 91% rubbing alcohol and have it drying now. I'm so glad I didn't order the new scale I want a few weeks ago, otherwise......

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I thought you'd get a kick out of that. I went ahead and ordered my new scale http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ue&ref_=ox_sc_sfl_title_2&smid=A1DVPD9Q368DLM and a (hopefully) Non lid plopping bottle and some VG while I was at it from Amazon. The scale went up $5, but it would have been soaked in VG if I bought it a few weeks ago.:confused:
I just hope I have enough juice to get me by until it gets here.
200.gif
Kitchen tip for your scales. Put a layer of plastic wrap over the "pan" on the scale. Keeps the risk of liquid damage (shock) to the scales at a minimum and won't mess with your readings

sent from a dumb operated smartphone

Azyre

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
This sounds fantastic. Just need to pick up some CAP Vanilla Bean Ice cream.... along with about 8 other flavors I "need". Golly, I have 200 flavors, and I'm almost always missing something when I come across a yummy sounding new recipe. Though, I might just sub the VBIC with some of the many creams and vanilla's I have...

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I mixed up a test batch last night, and it tastes pretty damn good straight up, I can't wait to see how good it gets with some age. BTW, my wife said the vapor form this mix stinks to her. The CAP VBIC is the only new to me ingredient in this mix, so I assume it's coming from that? Has anyone else experienced this problem? I hope the smell goes away with some steeping as it's a delicious vape.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I mixed up a test batch last night, and it tastes pretty damn good straight up, I can't wait to see how good it gets with some age. BTW, my wife said the vapor form this mix stinks to her. The CAP VBIC is the only new to me ingredient in this mix, so I assume it's coming from that? Has anyone else experienced this problem? I hope the smell goes away with some steeping as it's a delicious vape.
It could be the VBIC that vapes smelly, then again I never noticed. I'm glad you like it though. Thanks.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It could be the VBIC that vapes smelly, then again I never noticed. I'm glad you like it though. Thanks.
Oh, I love it, and the next time I vaped it the wife didn't complain so it's all good!
Now I want to try a Pralines & Cream Ice Cream.:ejuice::)

Howard Hughes

the way of the future....
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I made this up four days ago & the only sub I had was for the CAP VBIC. I used TFA.
I have to say that already as I tried it this morning I was liking it. I know you said 7-10 days, but I wanted to say how much I'm enjoying it so far.
Thanks for sharing.

-HRH-

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
OK, I held out for 28 minutes, give or take. On my lips, because I overfilled, again, it's VERY very sweet. As I vape it, this is super nice! Not at all as super strong as I thought it would be, based on it getting on my drip tip. I think I'd like to try again with the Caps. TFA VBIC tends to take over, but I measured cautiously when I mixed it because of that. I like this Squonk. It's like dessert!
I wanted to make the Coconut version @Squonk posted but I only have TFA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream do you guys think it would work?

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's delicious! Thanks @Squonk & no steeping it's great! I'm so happy that I found your recipes! I have a lot of TFA & Capella flavorings that I brought before finding HIC & FA that were just sitting in the fridge. Now I have an opportunity to use them!

Even though I'm using TFA Vanilla bean Ice Cream instead of Capella's it's just yummy! Thanks again @Squonk !

Last edited:

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's delicious! Thanks @Squonk & no steeping it's great! I'm so happy that I found your recipes! I have a lot of TFA & Capella flavorings that I brought before finding HIC & FA that were just sitting in the fridge. Now I have an opportunity to use them!

Even though I'm using TFA Vanilla bean Ice Cream instead of Capella's it's just yummy! Thanks again @Squonk !
Thank you. I'm really glad you enjoy it. It will taste much better and creamier after 8-10 days.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thank you. I'm really glad you enjoy it. It will taste much better and creamier after 8-10 days.
Thanks @Squonk you were right! Sooo smooth & Creamy after a week! Just made 60ml! Yum! Thanks so much! Now to look for your other recipes! Just mixed 60ml of your Sugar Cookie too!

VU Sponsors