Become a Patron!

Smooth out manufactured juice

OmagaWright

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
So I bought some juice from an online vendor (from these forums) and all three of the flavors I bought were rough on the throat. This also applies to other premium juice brands in B&M stores. Well, I dont DIY myself so I cant add flavorings or change ratios as these are already made. Is there anything I can do to smooth the flavor out other than diluting and mixing with other brand flavors? I know about steeping, just not enough how to do it or the best method. Any help fixin this would be great.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
What is the nic mg/ml and PG/VG of those juices? What power do you use? MTL or DTL? What is the flavor profile? More info will help us help you.

As far as steeping/aging/infusing time is the best method IMHO. Just let it sit in the dark for a while. Others use heat of no more than 150F, whether it's a hot water bath or @SteveS45's placing under an incandescent lamp.

OmagaWright

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Most juice I buy is mostly 70/30 at 3mg. I only DTL and mostly vape around 80 to 140 (or more rarely) depending on if I am usin a RTA or factory coils. Flavors I am using atm is fruity with a light menthol.

No idea what would be a good aging method atm. Preferably something short as I would hate to buy a new bottle of juice while the rest age. However, I am open to thorough and detailed methods.

Also read @SteveS45 lil note of the incandescent bulb idea. Makes me think how efficent it would be to use one of those gas station hotdog rolling machines under the bulb. Or putting the juice in a stainless steel tube and let the rolling oven heat the tube/juice altogether.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Makes me think how efficent it would be to use one of those gas station hotdog rolling machines under the bulb.

Actually I remember someone mentioning using one of those years ago but too much heat.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
As far as steeping/aging/infusing time is the best method IMHO. Just let it sit in the dark for a while. Others use heat of no more than 150F, whether it's a hot water bath or @SteveS45's placing under an incandescent lamp.

I agree 100% with @gopher_byrd as time is the best but I found that with my High VG e-Liquids and VGD or VG Dominant Flavoring it speeds up time.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Most juice I buy is mostly 70/30 at 3mg. I only DTL and mostly vape around 80 to 140 (or more rarely) depending on if I am usin a RTA or factory coils. Flavors I am using atm is fruity with a light menthol.

No idea what would be a good aging method atm. Preferably something short as I would hate to buy a new bottle of juice while the rest age. However, I am open to thorough and detailed methods.

Also read @SteveS45 lil note of the incandescent bulb idea. Makes me think how efficent it would be to use one of those gas station hotdog rolling machines under the bulb. Or putting the juice in a stainless steel tube and let the rolling oven heat the tube/juice altogether.
Let's start with the easiest thing to try. Try turning down your wattage to 40 watts or so then bump it up until you hit your sweet spot. I prefer fruits at lower power levels.

Hot water baths are best with glass bottles. If you have crock pot set it at the lowest setting and put lid on so it is cracked open. You don't want the temp to get above 150F. The water should be just below the neck of the bottles. Keep them in the crock pot for 2 to 4 hours and try after cooling down to room temp.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I used to use the water method but labels need to be replaced when doing that. I found the desk lamp to be the least effort and gives the the ability to give my bottles a shake when I am at the PC. I use the same bottles multiple times for the same flavors so I do not wash or clean them.

OmagaWright

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I got some work to do ahead of me lol. I need to go back to usin my RTAs so I can vape at 40 watts, but even I can barely go below 80 watts with what I have available.

I dont have any glass bottles so that leaves me with plastic. Even worse no lamp to use for incandescent bulb. So I guess that leaves me with hot water bath (crock pot is a good idea, but no way to tell temp). As for the hot water, how long and how hot? I guess hot water from a coffee maker is too much or just use highest setting from tap?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
no lamp to use for incandescent bulb.

You can pick up one as cheap as $5.99

GUEST_37bcfe57-67e5-4c7b-9715-301472221be6

https://www.target.com/p/led-task-t...XWgMu8jGFjsfpt3B-EhoCJc0QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

VU Sponsors