Become a Patron!

Smoothest hitting build on a Kayfun?

WimpysRevenge

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have been doing 30gauge 5 wrap micro coil builds and have found a slight itch to my hits. I'm vapeing some Time Bomb premium juice so I know that is not the culprit.
What are the smoothest hitting builds out there, pictures and videos preferred. I think it could my the way I wick.
Oh yeah, my current build is sitting almost perfectly at 1ohm.

GargoyleK1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My experience would be to lower your wattage…

State O' Flux

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Disregarding the juice... as that's too broad a variable - plus the fact that you provide no wick information... I'll have to make some assumptions. And we all know what assumptions are... don't we.
rolleyes2.gif

Thicker wire, with perhaps the most common for a KF being both 27 gauge for 0.8-1.2Ω or 28 gauge for 1.0-1.4Ω... will slow the heat dwell a bit, and with a typical eight to ten wraps, will provide substantially more coil surface area for juice vaporization.

With the KF design, and a typical 2mm ID coil... using a cotton wicking medium - too dense and too tight are the biggest failures I see with KFs.
The wick - if using cotton balls, once unrolled to a flat strip - should be 1/16" thick, about 5/16"-3/8" wide and approximately 1" in trimmed length,... should be loosely rolled and have a pull-through with only a slight drag.

Personally, I use Muji Japanese cotton sheets... much easier to simply cut to size, and the capillary action is near rayon quality.

WimpysRevenge

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Cool, yeah I'm using organic cotton and 30 gauge.
I get decent vapor production and solid flavor but there is this slight itch going on at the end of my exhale....Only 6mg nicotine so it shouldn't be that. I will tinker a little and post a pic later.

VU Sponsors