Become a Patron!

SMPL Mod Clone button problems

Hey guys, this is my first post on VU. Ive come here because I know that there are many experienced vapers and mech mod users using this forum. Anyways, I've recently ordered a SMPL Mod clone and really enjoy it. Im using subohm builds and it hits really hard, although my button has become sorta crunchy and sticky. and its only been about a week.. anyone else experience this problem?

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I have heard that can be a problem with this clone.

You may want to carefully take the switch apart and give it a good cleaning.

Be careful with the "C" clip when putting it back together. It may fight you getting it back into its proper place.

Dr3d

Yes. What was the question?
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey guys, this is my first post on VU. Ive come here because I know that there are many experienced vapers and mech mod users using this forum. Anyways, I've recently ordered a SMPL Mod clone and really enjoy it. Im using subohm builds and it hits really hard, although my button has become sorta crunchy and sticky. and its only been about a week.. anyone else experience this problem?

Mike ... SMPL redesigned their switch and released a V2 of the mod due to similar issues. Some clones have V1 switch design, some have the V2 design and others have a design which is unique to the clones. As an example, my clones have magnetic rather than spring powered switches so they are not 1:1 clones. The V2 switch is less prone to crunchiness than the V1 switch.

All that said, servicing your switch is basically regular maintenance on a mechanical mod. Copper or brass contacts need cleaned. Actions need cleaned and/or lubed. The service frequency is largely dependent on how the mod is handled and cared for. If you are carrying the SMPL in a pocket, the switch will probably need cleaned/lubed more often than the SMPL that is admired on a shelf.

When you service your switch, consider graphite or sparingly applied dielectric grease as a lubricant. And, heed UncleRJ's advice re: the circlip. If your switch uses one, consider purchasing a circlip tool at an auto parts retailer.

jamieg71

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I love my SMPL clone, glad you got it straightened out

Slicknic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good to hear you have it fixed.

I replaced the spring in my smpl clone at it's last cleaning with some leftover fasttech nemesis magnets.
It's my favorite mod currently.

Good to hear you have it fixed.

I replaced the spring in my smpl clone at it's last cleaning with some leftover fasttech nemesis magnets.
It's my favorite mod currently.

Hey guys - new here; been browsing a bit and came upon this post. Re: the post above, where did you get a replacement spring for your SMPL clone? While taking the switch apart I lost the spring in a rug of a similar color. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Slicknic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Came upon this thread searching for an answer to my problem.. Got a brand new smple mod and got both magnets still but I can't get the one magnet to stay on cause it always just sticks onto the battery.. Is there supposed to be a washer on there to hold it on or something ? The magnet is bigger than the screw on the bottom so it just comes off soon as I pull my finger away.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
After seeing this thread I decided to start using my Copper SMPL clone again and my 2SIX Mod...I miss them lil buggers and they hit pretty decently for what I remember.
I remember my switch used to get hot and I used some 30g kanthal and wrapped a coil in the center of the button to fix it, theres a video on youtube about hot button.
20160104_214217.jpg 20160104_214934.jpg

BreSha6869

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

VU Sponsors