Become a Patron!

smpl mod magnets?

T

Taver13

does anyone know if there are magnets that work for a smpl mod? i find the spring gets caught up if you dont hit the exact sweet spot

Reactions: CJ

CJ

VU Webmaster
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Magnets are not going to work imo, there isn't enough room to get strong enough magnets, I believe I saw somewhere 9.5mm diameter "might" work.

T

Taver13

yeah, i took the button apart, definatly not that much room to work with there. its a shame cause i love the mod but its driving me nuts with the spring. i guess ill see if i can round up some magnets, unless someone has any other ideas

CJ

VU Webmaster
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I ended up using some RG6 coaxial cable that was left over and made a replacement copper spring, works 100% of the time with 0 binds.

T

Taver13

i actually have some of that out in my garage, ill have to give it a try, thanks for the tip!

Reactions: CJ

xatura

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I just order SMPL Mod today and show this post . is SMPL have alot problem? should i canceled to buy :(

T

Taver13

I just order SMPL Mod today and show this post . is SMPL have alot problem? should i canceled to buy :(
no, they dont at all, its actually my favorite mod i own, im just a sucker for magnetic upgrades, just make sure that your positive post screw is sticking out enough on your atty to contact the battery without also toucing the outside threading, or it will be short city.

xatura

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
no, they dont at all, its actually my favorite mod i own, im just a sucker for magnetic upgrades, just make sure that your positive post screw is sticking out enough on your atty to contact the battery without also toucing the outside threading, or it will be short city.
Oo Thanks buddy i almost panic lol, so many out-there Mod i am just confuse as a newbie. This forum help me alot

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hmm, I don't have either mod, but wondering out loud here; if the switch for the 4nine would be compatible?

Dr3d

Yes. What was the question?
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Caff ... I have both 49 and SMPL clones. The switches are very different. 49 attaches 1 magnet to battery and 1 to switch working in opposition to keep circuit open where SMPL switch is one closed component. The 49 switch does not pass through bottom of mod tube while the SMPL switch is screwed past the bottom of the mod tube until battery is captured between switch and atty positive pin. The SMPL switch is an extremely elegant solution which eliminates battery rattle which is simply part of running a 49.

Taver ... my SMPL clone was delivered with a magnetic switch. I don't have a springed version to compare with, but ... https://www.fasttech.com/p/1927601 might work for you as a $15 magnetic switch donor. The original authentic switch was updated with an improved switch and the clone switch components may or may not mirror the v1 authentic or the v2 authentic. And, as shown on the link ... mine mirrors only the function of the SMPL design. Love this clone though.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Caff ... I have both 49 and SMPL clones. The switches are very different. 49 attaches 1 magnet to battery and 1 to switch working in opposition to keep circuit open where SMPL switch is one closed component. The 49 switch does not pass through bottom of mod tube while the SMPL switch is screwed past the bottom of the mod tube until battery is captured between switch and atty positive pin. The SMPL switch is an extremely elegant solution which eliminates battery rattle which is simply part of running a 49.

Taver ... my SMPL clone was delivered with a magnetic switch. I don't have a springed version to compare with, but ... https://www.fasttech.com/p/1927601 might work for you as a $15 magnetic switch donor. The original authentic switch was updated with an improved switch and the clone switch components may or may not mirror the v1 authentic or the v2 authentic. And, as shown on the link ... mine mirrors only the function of the SMPL design. Love this clone though.

Ah, cool. I was just wondering, thanks! :)

T

Taver13

awesome, i definatly have to check into that, i wouldnt mind having an extra tube around anyway

VU Sponsors