SMY260-260watt box mod

Condensation

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
At the rate we're going I cannot wait to see what comes out next summer.

SMY260
Amazing_new_product_in_2014_Smy_260.jpg

http://smyecig.en.alibaba.com/productgrouplist-800675939/SMY260_260watt_box_mod.html
Features of Smy260, 260 watt mod

1) Size: 118.5 * 69 * 30
2) Micro USB charging
3) Adjustable electrode
4) Replaceable the connector of atomizer
5) Fashion and original modelling
6) powerful 5-260watt
7). The Material is combined with newest carbon fiber
8) short circuit protection
9) low resistance protection
10) connection reverse protection
11) high current protection
12) IC around temperature protection
13).three 18650 batteries in it
14).the cover can choose magnets or screw structure, Optional lock mode
15) support 0.3ohms-4ohms

Last edited:

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like the box, but don't need that much power, wish they'd come out with one of those boxes in a 40....LOL

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
They look like a decent size for what they are. The 180 is bulky looking. This has same battery capacity and more power, yet it looks smaller. Its much cleaner looking too. I like it.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have a feeling the bells and whistles will be coming with the new crop of mods. Temperature control, battery saving modes, battery time remaining modes. 260 Watts will light your RDA or atomizer on fire, that's a sizable amount of current and it can be downright dangerous for people who don't know what they are doing.

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have no reason to try vaping at 260, but it looks better than the god 180 and the battery life would be good. I do not go above 50. Those 3 18650s would last a bit.

fury

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's a good looking box. I wonder about number 4.

4) Replaceable the connector of atomizer
Is that a "replaceable" 510 connector?

Nice to see some different buttons those almost look touch.

It doesn't look it, but the specs on size are about the same as the 180 box. 1mm shorter. Still really nice looking box. I will have to keep an eye on this one.

fury

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Must mean adjustable 510

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Anyone know what type of 510 is on this? Is it adjustable?

If the pics of the new subtank are the actual appearance it will have when released, the subtank and one of these in red would be a sexy (not so little) bitch.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Where's Franciscan , he will try anything , whether it's safe or not means nothing to him . As for me , this company still needs to prove itself , making shiny attractive looking devices doesn't mean much to me except, "caution".

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I like the box, but don't need that much power, wish they'd come out with one of those boxes in a 40....LOL
So only use it up to 40 watts:D

BTW: Why are all the new high power mods coming with the usb charge port on the BOTTOM of the mod?

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So only use it up to 40 watts:D

BTW: Why are all the new high power mods coming with the usb charge port on the BOTTOM of the mod?
I don't know because I like the Shark it has it on the side, but the Isticks are on the bottom, I have no idea why they are doing that. I know I don't like it.

Last edited:

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I always wondered why many mods come with the venting holes on the bottom , as soon as you put the mod down they are blocked , brilliant.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Where's Franciscan , he will try anything , whether it's safe or not means nothing to him . As for me , this company still needs to prove itself , making shiny attractive looking devices doesn't mean much to me except, "caution".
Harley Davidson is coming out with a 3000cc twin cyl, quad cam, dual atomizer mod......holding out for that one.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Harley Davidson is coming out with a 3000cc twin cyl, quad cam, dual atomizer mod......holding out for that one.

I knew that , not sure how but i was aware of it. Good call by the way.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
That box is MUCH more attractive than the God Box (which I sold recently...along with my Siggy). I'm into hard to get wood mech boxes now.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You should be paid for your willingness to test new devices despite safety concerns , i saw an episode of " DRUGS INC " and they had these two dudes who's job was to sample the ****** to see if it's safe or not , if it's too powerful they die , pretty rough gig if you ask me .

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That box is MUCH more attractive than the God Box (which I sold recently...along with my Siggy). I'm into hard to get wood mech boxes now.

Yes, i heard you mention that awhile back , how many do you have now ?

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Three in hand. Alum on the way.....DNA40 box by Wizard Modz still on the workbench.....Custom Mad Wiener that will be discussed at the next vape meet. Also considering two others.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Hell, I am easy!

As long as I have a place to plug my cord in I am a happy guy!

And yes I know I could have taken my reply...............Elsewhere?

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Och...I love the R-Box by Rave Workz....but the door is pure shit. If they do not exchange for a perfect one...I have John at Wizard Modz ready to make a butcher block ebony/red maple replacement door.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Back on topic. I think this new SMY box is gorgeous. Thing is, you don’t have to use all the power....not unlike a McLaren....drive it to the red line, then hose out the driver's seat and resume driving at sensible speeds.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
It is a much nicer looking box based on the pictures, but why 260W? China ... they still don't get it. Like someone else already said, you can buy one of the excessively powered boxes and not use it above 20-40W however, the problem with that is you are paying for something that you are using.

I feel like we need a greater variety of 20-40W box mods, with different body styles and battery configurations. Dual 18650's should not be reserved for 100W plus box mods as we all desire longer battery life, regardless of our preferred wattage setting.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
It is a much nicer looking box based on the pictures, but why 260W? China ... they still don't get it. Like someone else already said, you can buy one of the excessively powered boxes and not use it above 20-40W however, the problem with that is you are paying for something that you are using.

I feel like we need a greater variety of 20-40W box mods, with different body styles and battery configurations. Dual 18650's should not be reserved for 100W plus box mods as we all desire longer battery life, regardless of our preferred wattage setting.
THIS!!!! ^^

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
@Nikkita6 you are gorgeous, exceedingly intelligent, and an astute evaluator of all things vapey! Lobby the Chinese heavily and tell them THEY ARE NOT LISTENING TO US!

DH350nWo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Figures the come out with an attractive mod AFTER I buy the god mod. Based on my experience thus far with regulated, I probably wouldn't get anyways. But that is for another thread.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I agree completely. They would sell the PANTS off of boxes in the 30-40 watt range that have the screens and other bits that the nuclear powerplant boxes have.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Figures the come out with an attractive mod AFTER I buy the god mod. Based on my experience thus far with regulated, I probably wouldn't get anyways. But that is for another thread.
I just turned mine for $100.00...had it for a week and got my fun out of it. I do not regret getting it at all.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Yes....This^^^

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
If SMY came out with a 50 watt box with 3 18650's and all the nice features of the 260, they would take over the 40-50 watt market.
Werd

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wonder how many hours it would take to charge 3 18650's through a usb charger. 6hrs maybe? almost seems worthless to have that function when you would have a fresh set on standby, change them, and be vaping again in 30 seconds

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
@Nikkita6 you are gorgeous, exceedingly intelligent, and an astute evaluator of all things vapey! Lobby the Chinese heavily and tell them THEY ARE NOT LISTENING TO US!

Why thank you darling *blush* .. Let me tell you dear, China is on my "hit list" these days.. lately I feel like I am in a swell of really poor decision making by our Chinese brethen. These ecig forums are such an invaluable asset to modders and manufacturers, all they have to do is READ! We are very easy to please if they would just listen ... I will keep trying to lobby on our behalf :p

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think this box looks sleek and sexy, but damn 260watts and 3 batteries will make it very large, few months and we will be looking at 500watt mods :eek: if this was dual 18's with 50watts, bet they would sell a butt load of them as Nikki said.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I think this box looks sleek and sexy, but damn 260watts and 3 batteries will make it very large, few months and we will be looking at 500watt mods :eek: if this was dual 18's with 50watts, bet they would sell a butt load of them as Nikki said.
For the record, I owned a God Box and it was quite heavy. That was part of the reason I only kept it for one week. I also have a three battery Hammond box mod that is SOMEWHAT lighter. So it really comes down to materials. That said, looking at the front panel, one would deduce that it is not made from 2millimetre thick aluminium like the GB....so I may very well be a wee lighter.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
And it is up for pre-order, $180, but do get 3 efest batteries for that price too - http://www.myninjavapor.com/smy-260w-supermod-and-three-purple-efest-18650-35amp-2500mah/

At least good to see it has some safety regarding the power outage, if want to go above 80 watts you have to select that mode -

'Two patterns can be supported, one is the normal mode and the other is super mode.

The normal mod only support 5-80W.

If you want to turn to the 81-260W, please make sure that the battery continuously discharge current could be exceeded 30A,if it does, then could open the super mod'

Last edited:

Jah

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Time to camp the PM customs page 8). I gave up on chasing that dragon and now im eating and sleeping again 8)

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

As usual right on the money Nikkita , oh, and a big congratulations for your new gig at "Vaping Cheap" , you couldn't be more deserving and i mean that .

Very well done .

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think the Chinese are convinced that the more power the higher the sales will be , if people keep jumping on pre sales they will keep pushing more power , they are all trying to out do each other.

When lower powered devices are released the excitement does not appear to be the same , look at the success of the Sig 50 watt compared to the Sig 100 watt .

Granted the Sig 50 watt is butt ugly with those square buttons but if they were the same as the 100 watt i would own one by now.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think the Chinese are convinced that the more power the higher the sales will be , if people keep jumping on pre sales they will keep pushing more power , they are all trying to out do each other.

When lower powered devices are released the excitement does not appear to be the same , look at the success of the Sig 50 watt compared to the Sig 100 watt .

Granted the Sig 50 watt is butt ugly with those square buttons but if they were the same as the 100 watt i would own one by now.
I think they hit the plateau with 260 watts. With the exception of a cloud chaser building a 3 Ohm Octo-coil, I doubt people who buy this unit will go above 80. Even the lowest build I have ever done at .13 only pulled 129 watts on my Copper Fuhattan. That was a flamethrower hot vape. Way too much for me, even at 3 mg nic.

Last edited:

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
As usual right on the money Nikkita , oh, and a big congratulations for your new gig at "Vaping Cheap" , you couldn't be more deserving and i mean that .

Very well done .

You are always too kind :) Dank you ;)

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wonder how many hours it would take to charge 3 18650's through a usb charger. 6hrs maybe? almost seems worthless to have that function when you would have a fresh set on standby, change them, and be vaping again in 30 seconds
Not if you have one charged waiting as back up:D

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years

This is clearly the ill thought formula of success (more = better) that the Chinese seem to be following. And its true that there tends to be a lot "jump" from the masses every time the next super power box drops, but in the long run this type of "sensationalism" doesn't usually equate to longevity in the market. I think SMY should have focused their attention on improving the large, hissing hot box that is the God Mod first before venturing into the next super power mod.

Take the refined body styling of this new box, keep the 3 650's, and bring the wattage down to 150 max, keep the normal/super mode options, loose the PWM and get with a flat DC signal ... Boom, now the IPV 3 has some competition. Or do something even more shocking and make it 50W, flat DC, and dual 18650 ... A girl can dream right? :p

I think consumers would be more receptive to a "new and improved" version of the God Mod, more so than an entirely new device, especially since the prior offering didn't exactly impress. Where is the justification to spend $80 more on this new SMY device? Working to improve what they had already done would have gone further to gain the consumers respect, trust, and to improve the public perception of who SMY is as manufacturer ... right now I get "hustler" more so than "innovator".

Wisdom ... they lack Wisdom.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Where is the justification to spend $80 more on this new SMY device? Working to improve what they had already done would have gone further to gain the consumers respect, trust, and to improve the public perception of who SMY is as manufacturer ... right now I get "hustler" more so than "innovator".

Lol,, especially when you can buy a rock solid Sigelei 100w for that 80 bucks, spend 5 bucks more on some carbon fiber stickers !!

Now here is some real innovation from SMY

vio02.jpg

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This is clearly the ill thought formula of success (more = better) that the Chinese seem to be following. And its true that there tends to be a lot "jump" from the masses every time the next super power box drops, but in the long run this type of "sensationalism" doesn't usually equate to longevity in the market. I think SMY should have focused their attention on improving the large, hissing hot box that is the God Mod first before venturing into the next super power mod.

Take the refined body styling of this new box, keep the 3 650's, and bring the wattage down to 150 max, keep the normal/super mode options, loose the PWM and get with a flat DC signal ... Boom, now the IPV 3 has some competition. Or do something even more shocking and make it 50W, flat DC, and dual 18650 ... A girl can dream right? :p

I think consumers would be more receptive to a "new and improved" version of the God Mod, more so than an entirely new device, especially since the prior offering didn't exactly impress. Where is the justification to spend $80 more on this new SMY device? Working to improve what they had already done would have gone further to gain the consumers respect, trust, and to improve the public perception of who SMY is as manufacturer ... right now I get "hustler" more so than "innovator".

Wisdom ... they lack Wisdom.

Problem is, besides you and i and a few others most are not saying they want less wattage , until people start demanding more refined devices and less wattage the max wattage train will continue imo.

The other thing is that so far , the higher wattage devices seem to attract a lot more attention and more importantly, sales .

VU Sponsors