So heres what happened...

2ndInCommand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So finally got some time to mix. Throw the crock pot on warm, put a few inches of water after in it and put a 120 ml amber Boston round bottle filled with vg in to thin it out a bit.Mix for a bit, do some laundry, mix a little more, shoot the shit with the kids for a bit (probably like 2 hrs, maybe 3 go by) and pop! Bottle breaks and I get vg all over the place. Broke exactly where the warm.water met the cooler air. Weird, never happened before,
Just wanted to give a heads up as I've never heard of this. Ill have to make sure bottle is totally submerged in the future.Plus my mixing room is in basement, so maybe air is little cooler than normal

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Ouch, 2nd!!

yes, cool air to warm will shatter glass..
i just do not heat steep my juices..
sometimes you can steep too much and ruin the juice.

some of my honey vapes.. heat will do not a thing to them.. :oops:

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So did you lose your juice or just your vg?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You could just set your bottle of VG in a cup of hot water for a few minutes. Should do the trick for mixing.

2ndInCommand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just lost 120 of.vg and caused a general PITA. I also.do not heat steep in general, and have never had this happen before and figured the warm setting would be fine. Not so much. Just wanted to pass on yet another rookie lesson,maybe save somebody a hassle.

I boil water in a sauce pan. I put the lid from a masonry jar in the bottom for the bottle to sit on. When it is a roil boil I turn the stove off and let the glass and the water cool down. I do this this way because that is the way I can food. Works good enough for me.

VU Sponsors