Become a Patron!

SO I got an Ammit 22mm and now I am confused

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Ok quick background
I am in search of the perfect RTA for me. MOst have at least 1 issue that drives me literally insane.
IN TERMS OF FLAVOR:
My 2 favorites over the years are the griffin 22 and griffin mini 25, but both have their own individual issues
They both have the best flavor of any rta I have used
The aromamizer supreme v1 is right up there with them but also has an issue that drives me insane.

So I read all over here on VU that single coil is better for flavor, so I have been looking into that because in all honesty single coil sounds great to me, less watts, linger battery life, less juice, less cloudage, less wire less cotton etc.

so I have tried a kayfun 3 and it was meh. it did have flavor but too little airflow and the temp was too warm. Some flavors were great others were horrible.

Now I got a ammit 22mm. I used a single 316L SS 28/32 clapton about 9 wraps at 4mm ID around 1.4 ohms
WHY? well thats the coil I use in everything or something close to it.
And so far I am not impressed with this single coil idea or ammit

The flavor is about 60% of what I get from the griffin 22ml mini or aromamizer supreme. In one flavor half the profile is missing in the ammit.

Everything else about the ammit seems perfect though. I really wanted it to have flavor as good as the griffin 22 and mini. But so far its falling very short in the flavor dept.

SO:
1. any tips or suggestions on how to get better flavor from the ammit 22?
2. is the ammit 25 about the same in flavor or is it superior?
3. Is there a better coil type to use given the fact all i use is that coil
4. any thoughts here are appreciated

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
My suggestion would be to try a lower ohm coil. Maybe around .5 or .6 ohms. I use a .6 in my pharaoh mini at 18 to 20 watts and get really good flavor for me. I have a slightly different setup for each atty that I use.

I vape, therefore I am.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
My suggestion would be to try a lower ohm coil. Maybe around .5 or .6 ohms. I use a .6 in my pharaoh mini at 18 to 20 watts and get really good flavor for me. I have a slightly different setup for each atty that I use.

I vape, therefore I am.
hmm never thought of that. I will have to see what wire I have laying around to try that out with, or use less wraps.

I forgot to mention on my dual coils i run at 50ish watts
with this setup i dropped to 25, much more and it was burny tasting to me

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've enjoyed the flavor from mine. Hard to say, it's a little different from a kayfun v4/v5 but partly because I'm running 80% vg in the ammit and 65% vg in the kayfuns which has an effect. I'm running a similar coil, 3x28 ss316/38ga ni80 6 wraps 3.5mm id. Comes out to around .32 ohms. I've also run 2x28 and 2x26ga twisted ss316, 2x28g twisted paralleled with a 26ga ss316. They usually come out around the same in the ~.2 to .3 range.

For placement I leave just a little length on the legs and once they're clamped down I use a coil jig to pull the coil tight and toward the front angled airflow. It still sits over the bottom airflow and is about equal distance from the bottom and angled airflow. If the coil's too high it seems to mute the flavor a bit for me.

If looking at the deck from the side like you're looking through the coil, the posts on the right and the 3d airflow block on the left - measuring flat across the top there's just under 1/8" between the 3d airflow block and nearest edge of the coil. If looking at it from the top where the 3d airflow block is on the left and posts on the right, the coil is almost centered equally distant between the two. Something like 1/8" from the bottom of the coil to the bottom airflow.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
well I think you are all on to something.
tried some 6 core braided SS from AVS that came in around .35 ohms. well that had more flavor but something was still off.
so tried some fused clapton wire from AVS that came in around .74 ohms and so far so good at 28 watts I think the flavor is almost identical to my griffin 22, needs more testing. fresh cotton and coil need to break in to be sure as well as trying multiple flavors

Thanks for the help from all. If anyone has any other thoughts I'm all ears

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
ok 2 more questions for everyone
1. can any one compare the flavor of the ammit 22 vs the ammit 25?
2. I notice now that I get more flavor on the exhale then the inhale on the ammit vs the exact opposite on my griffins....anyone have a thought on that and how that happens

VU Sponsors