Become a Patron!

So i want to get into box mods,

so as the title states i was looking at

LAISIMO L1 200W TC BOX MOD

but idk what i need to get for batteries, tanks etc, if someone could help me out that would be great!

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
for a tank it'll depend on what you want...
a lot of people seam to like the crown, - not really my thing.
my personal preference for a subohm tank is the silo beast with a .4ohm triton coil, It runs in tc with the ss profile or it will run in power mode.

or did you want a rebuildable?- I use several and would recommend , either an indestructible or the kennedy. also good but a little on the high side- the petri by dotmod.

are you looking for flavor or clouds?

Last edited:

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's a really good mod. I've had it for a couple of months now. It's a nice box mod to get into. The minimum atomizer resistance is .05 for wattage and temperature control. So you will have plenty of wiggle room when it comes to building, or using tanks. I'll be using this mod until the next really good LCD box mod comes around....so yes I highly recommend it!

Prayers are still needed for my dad!

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh and I personally use the DOG3 (Doge V3) it's a really excellent atomizer. Very easy to build with. You can either use it as a 4 post deck, or take the middle out and replace it with a single post, making it a 3 post deck. The juice well is very big. Overall the atty is an underrated little beast. Doge's in general are great for cloud chasing, and even for flavor :)

StereoFreeze

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For batteries the Samsung 25r is great and easy to find, just be sure to search for a reputable seller. Batterybro.com has a good article on spotting fakes. Tanks all depend on what you are looking for. If you don't want to rebuild check out the Aspire Clieto. It is small, light, has good airflow and flavor. The Silo beast that was mentioned is also very nice with several different coil options. The name is also pretty accurate, it is a big and heavy tank. If you do want a rebuildable, I highly recommend the Griffin. Have been really enjoying that tank.

suprtrkr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't know that mod, but its supposed to be a good one. If it were me, I think I'd buy 2 RX200s at the same price, but that's me. For batteries, I can't really recommend 20A cells in a 2-battery, 200W machine unless you are planning on vaping it 120ish watts or less. If you want to use all the power, I'd suggest Sony VTC4s or the new LG HD2Cs. You know those 2-battery machines use PWM above 150W or so, right? They're not true 200W RMS machines.

If you're OK under 120 watts or so, then LH HG2s or Samsung 30Qs will give you the best battery life, or any other good quality 20A battery for a bit less run time: LG HE2s or HE4s, Samsung 25Rs, Sony VTC5s, what have you.

I build my own coils, so I don't know from prefab coil tanks. I can recommend the Wotofo Sapor or the Mutation V4 or V4S as reasonably priced authentic drippers. If you want an RTA, the Indulgence MT is my current favorite in 22mm size, but it's tough to wick until you figure out how. The Boreas will be my hew favorite tank, as soon as it gets here, but it's 25mm and will probably overhang that mod.

StereoFreeze

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you're OK under 120 watts or so, then LH HG2s or Samsung 30Qs will give you the best battery life, or any other good quality 20A battery for a bit less run time: LG HE2s or HE4s, Samsung 25Rs, Sony VTC5s, what have you.

suptrkr, can you educate me on the behavior off batteries in dual battery device? Everything I own now is single battery so I stick with the 25r. In a dual battery device (Parallel) is amp load shared between the batteries? I need to buy some more batteries to keep as pairs and if could go down in amps to increase mah that would be awesome. I'm usually only running .2 - .5ohm builds at 55-75 watts.

suprtrkr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
suptrkr, can you educate me on the behavior off batteries in dual battery device? Everything I own now is single battery so I stick with the 25r. In a dual battery device (Parallel) is amp load shared between the batteries? I need to buy some more batteries to keep as pairs and if could go down in amps to increase mah that would be awesome. I'm usually only running .2 - .5ohm builds at 55-75 watts.
Perfectly correct. In a parallel mod, voltage is the same as one battery but ampacity is doubled to 2x whatever each battery has. In a series mod, voltage doubles but ampacity remains the same as one battery. This holds for mech or MOSFET boxes. In a regulated box, think 60 watts per 20 A battery, and 75-80 watts for each VTC4 or HD2C. HB6s will carry 90 watts each.

I personally do not recommend vaping on anything less than a 20A battery. You never know when you'll get a stuck button or an autofire or something. Best battery life will be found in LG HG2s or Samsung 30Qs for 20A cells.

The formula to calculate the battery amp loading on any regulated mod is 1.1 x ((set watts) / (battery discharge voltage x number of batteries)), where set watts is the number you set with the up/ dn buttons and discharge voltage is the battery voltage when the mod won't fire because the batteries are too low. The 1.1 factor adds 10 % to account for efficiency losses on the board.

thank you all for your replys im sorry i didnt go into much detail as to what i was looking for i had no idea their were so many options!

i really like flavor but for me flavor isnt the big thing, for me quitting wasnt that easy and the thing i was looking for was when i smoke a red i would mouth inhail and get what i guess they call a TH but i feel it in my chest, and for me that was the BIG part of me quitting was not the nicotene part as much as keeping that feeling in my chest when i took a drag off of a smoke.

anways back OT i would prefer big clouds over flavor

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I have a Laisimo L1....Its nice but I feel its wattage isnt anywhere near accurate but it will do the job. I highly recommend some Samsung 25R's for batteries and would suggest you pick them up from Liionwholesale.com as they test a handful from each batch to ensure they are authentic.
If your getting a Regulated mod you dont really need to worry much about battery limits and such as the device will regulate the voltage/current and convert it the the output power chosen. The draw off the battery remains relatively the same.
If you want a Tank for Clouds I would suggest the TFV4, Herakles Plus, or the Maus tank.

suprtrkr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
So, if you like that Lasimo, it's supposed to be a good one. I told you I'd buy an RX200, and meant it; I have 2 of them. Either one, however, will provide more power than most people can stand. Having a 200 watt mod is not the same thing as vaping it at 200 watts. Persons not equipped with titanium lips, a stainless throat lining and leather lungs generally find 200W a bit warmish.

For a tank, I think I'd recommend a TFV4 for prefab coils. I don't have one, but they have a lot of different coils available, all the way up to an octo-Clapton that can soak up some watts if your lungs will take it. It you want to build coils, we can talk about that, too. Other tanks would be more appropriate for that, and drippers then become possible, some of which get pretty cloudy.
thank you all for your replys im sorry i didnt go into much detail as to what i was looking for i had no idea their were so many options!

i really like flavor but for me flavor isnt the big thing, for me quitting wasnt that easy and the thing i was looking for was when i smoke a red i would mouth inhail and get what i guess they call a TH but i feel it in my chest, and for me that was the BIG part of me quitting was not the nicotene part as much as keeping that feeling in my chest when i took a drag off of a smoke.

anways back OT i would prefer big clouds over flavor

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
How so? I still use em
Maybe the once you got are fake
View attachment 45630
Im with him....I wont use Efests...theres no reason to as there are many great cells out there that dont use false marketing and are much cheaper...Most of Efests are LG HE2/HE4's...why not just buy the LG's instead and be sure you got a decent cell?

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Im with him....I wont use Efests...theres no reason to as there are many great cells out there that dont use false marketing and are much cheaper...Most of Efests are LG HE2/HE4's...why not just buy the LG's instead and be sure you got a decent cell?
I had these batts from 2 years ago bro... I have 12 purple I constantly rotate...I have 8 purple 26650 effest never had a problem with them, all from VAPORDNA... I don't mess around with CELLS, I don't buy em from eBay/Amazon,like a lot of VAPERS does, then talk shit about them when they not good
IMO

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And I have
12 lg he4
12 Samsung 25r
I don't have the Sony cuz I don't use mech mods...

VAPE IT

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How so? I still use em
Maybe the once you got are fake
View attachment 45630
Considering all Efest batteries are rewrapped that makes them all fakes.Regardless of size or spec they are rewrapped PoS and should never be used for vaping.

EDIT : ! JUST TO BE CLEAR ON THIS I WOULDNT EVEN USE A REWRAPPED BATTERY EVEN IN MY TV REMOTE !

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I dont mind rewraps as long as they post the true specs of the cell they are wrapped around.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Considering all Efest batteries are rewrapped that makes them all fakes.Regardless of size or spec they are rewrapped PoS and should never be used for vaping.

EDIT : ! JUST TO BE CLEAR ON THIS I WOULDNT EVEN USE A REWRAPPED BATTERY EVEN IN MY TV REMOTE !
OOOOOOOK....

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I use the Efest LUC6 Charger...VaporJoe has a deal on the forum to get one for $20 somewhere...

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:943563
We all need this made...
3_preview_featured.JPG

NinoCappuccin0

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you have a Windows PC you should get the Hcigar VT 200. The battery life isn't bad. It accommodates all types of coil resistance and materials. Even works well in wattage mode without TC. If the software's too difficult, use the defaults, add the coil material, and copy the nickle curve. It seems to work like a regular vape. I did until i figured out the Curves. Very simple if you want simple or very detailed options if you want the most custom experience. Either way, it's under $155 bucks on most reputable websites. I'll still use my Laismo without the color screen gimmick and want a sigelei 233W. I'm buying ten Sony VTC4s, four LG HB6s, and two LG HD2s from liionwholesale.com or imrbatteries.com. theytest each cell before you purchase and if you're not happy and it's in good condition, they'll refund.

NinoCappuccin0

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The IPV3 Li 200W VR edition is around and I'd recommend that.

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a Laisimo L1....Its nice but I feel its wattage isnt anywhere near accurate but it will do the job. I highly recommend some Samsung 25R's for batteries and would suggest you pick them up from Liionwholesale.com as they test a handful from each batch to ensure they are authentic.
If your getting a Regulated mod you dont really need to worry much about battery limits and such as the device will regulate the voltage/current and convert it the the output power chosen. The draw off the battery remains relatively the same.
If you want a Tank for Clouds I would suggest the TFV4, Herakles Plus, or the Maus tank.
These type mods are prototypes for what is to come....and I'm excited as hell to see what's next :)

NinoCappuccin0

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Im using the Laisimo L1 right now. It's not bad on .5ohm or .4ohm coils.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I edited their crapware and fixed alot of bugs...now uploading images and firmware doesnt soft brick the Laisimo anymore...I sent my edit to Asmodus but havent heard from them yet.

20160228_223008.jpg 20160229_102526(0).jpg

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Im using the Laisimo L1 right now. It's not bad on .5ohm or .4ohm coils.
.09 is my go to currently...love the low ohms!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Emphasis on crapware! How ridiculous is their whole setup????

It seems to be written by someone just starting on coding lol first semester or was just tossed together by script jockies...
I highly suggest no one try updating and be very cautious when injecting any wallpapers using their software...if you look on their FB and many other places alot of people have hard bricked their L1 and now they are paper weights...If you would like to use my edit I have uploaded it to Mediafire. Its much smoother but use at your own risk...I will not be held responsible if you still end up crapping your device out.
Raymo's Laisimo Software Edit with Custom Papers...LINK

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It seems to be written by someone just starting on coding lol first semester or was just tossed together by script jockies...
I highly suggest no one try updating and be very cautious when injecting any wallpapers using their software...if you look on their FB and many other places alot of people have hard bricked their L1 and now they are paper weights...If you would like to use my edit I have uploaded it to Mediafire. Its much smoother but use at your own risk...I will not be held responsible if you still end up crapping your device out.
Raymo's Laisimo Software Edit with Custom Papers...LINK
I don't have a computer, but I'm sure that would be helpful for others :) great share!!!

Vapin_4_Real

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Nice mod. I highly recommend the Crown tank and the LG HG2 batteries. Vaping bliss :shades:

I also am getting into box mods. I have picked out rx200, TFv4 full tank stainless, lg batteries, charger, and TFv4 triple coils .2 ohms. I am on east coast and trying to buy them online but from distr. closer than Cali or Wa. Any ideas?

VU Sponsors