Become a Patron!

So I've Got This Kanger Mini Protank 3, See?

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
In my upgrade journey, first thing to go was the $5 disposable tank that I bought with my EVOD VV. Replaced it with a Kanger Mini Protank 3, and bought a couple replacement coils. I didn't get more vapor out of it, but I did lose the occasional burned vape. It was when I upgraded to a mod and was able to run that tank at 10W that it came alive. I'm not saying it was terrific, but it was "decent."

The Protank 3 was subsequently supplanted by a GS-Tank, and I've got a Crius RTA on the way.

But I don't want the Protank 3 to go to waste. What I'd like to do it put it on a stick that does VW and can drive it at 10W.

Suggestions? Preferably with eGo connector? Preferably somewhat economical?

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Spinner VV's, at least 1300Mah. They are cheap now, $12-$15

z man

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'stick mini...And add the airflow control,You remove the base,swap the coil into the air control base and reinstall on the mini pro tank 3...It also fits the AeroTank and ProTank 2 and 3....I drilled out the holes (3) with a 3/32" drill Hits good!....Z

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Check Fasttech for vv spinner type batteries. Vision Spinner II (4.8v) 14.00 usd, and I just purchased another Tesla Spider II, (6V) 17.00 usd. both 1300-1800mah and work great with protank 2 or 3 minis.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
The istick 20 watt comes with the ego adapter

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Thanks for the suggestions, everybody! I will take them under advisement.

aikanae

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The air flow controller bases are essential for protanks. Since your interested in upgrading, you might want to consider an ijust2 or ego one kit. Gear best has them for $22-$25, or about the same price as a spinner.

I haven't had much luck with spinner "style". They die on the 91st day for me. So I try to find authentic, but I don't think many stores know which they have.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
The air flow controller bases are essential for protanks. Since your interested in upgrading, you might want to consider an ijust2 or ego one kit.
Well, the whole point is to use the Mini Protank 3 :) So, yeah, the air flow base for it. Got it on my wishlist over at myvaporstore.com. I'll check the other sites from which I've already purchased, and, if they have 'em, I'll put it on my wishlists there, too.

I haven't had much luck with spinner "style". They die on the 91st day for me. So I try to find authentic, but I don't think many stores know which they have.
I think I really want VW, and I really want a "stick" form factor. So I'm leaning toward the iTaste VV4, right now. It's more spendy, and it's not round :(, but it goes to 15W, which gives me 50% headroom.

Last edited:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You mean the iTaste? If so, I think you'd be happy with that. I had the lower mAh one, actually still do, and always loved that little sucker. I dropped it in a glass of water. It went, "zzzt, zzzzzzzzzt". Wouldn't work. I was sad, man. About a month later, decided to see if it would do anything. It worked!! Still does.

z man

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If You do that again,pop it a container with some instant rice from the dollar store,it'll dry it out!....And I second the vote for the Eleaf I'just2....I bought three.one to stash,one to display and one for day to day combat....It's a sub-ohm,and You lung hit it....Some don't like that but for the price I just couldn't pass up the deal!....Z

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
If You do that again,pop it a container with some instant rice from the dollar store,it'll dry it out!....And I second the vote for the Eleaf I'just2....I bought three.one to stash,one to display and one for day to day combat....It's a sub-ohm,and You lung hit it....Some don't like that but for the price I just couldn't pass up the deal!....Z
I did the rice thing for 3 days. It wouldn't do a thing. Nothing. Tossed it in a drawer, for some reason. Glad I did!

z man

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry Hun,I forgot ...After You put it in a box of rice,You leave it out and it will attract a bunch of little China Tech Guys will swarm to fix it good as new,fresher that fresh!..:rolleyes:..Z

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tube mod = Vamo2 cheap as hell and goes to 15watts
Small Box = IPV 20 or IPV 30
Small to Medium Sized Box = MVP2
Bigger Box = Skip this category as just about everything I can think of will have way more power than what you'd need.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Hmmm... I forgot about the Vamo mods. Kind of big-ish, tho. I'd have to get another 18650...

Wish I could get a Smoktech SID...

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmmm... I forgot about the Vamo mods. Kind of big-ish, tho. I'd have to get another 18650...

Wish I could get a Smoktech SID...
Not really you can use a Vamo2 in 18350 mode.

1351803-16.jpg

Just put the end cap on without the middle tube.

aikanae

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, the whole point is to use the Mini Protank 3 :) So, yeah, the air flow base for it. Got it on my wishlist over at myvaporstore.com. I'll check the other sites from which I've already purchased, and, if they have 'em, I'll put it on my wishlists there, too.

I think I really want VW, and I really want a "stick" form factor. So I'm leaning toward the iTaste VV4, right now. It's more spendy, and it's not round :(, but it goes to 15W, which gives me 50% headroom.
I forgot about that one. Very good choice and much, much better than any spinner that's for sure. I think you'll be surprised at how sharp your mini pt looks on it. Even Innokin paired it with a round clearo. The nice thing about the square shape is you can lay it down without worry about it rolling off if the table gets bumped. It's also still pocket friendly. I did see the vv3 on sale somewhere for $15. I've been cruising the sales.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Innokin ITaste vv3 or vv4 are nice, just don't DROP them. My vv3 basically was in pieces when it fell out of my pants pocket.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
LOL, I abused the hell out of mine. It doesn't work as wonderfully as it did, originally, but it still works.

aikanae

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, yes, but I don't have any 18350s :) So I'd have to buy two of those.
http://www.mister-e-liquid.com/innokin-itaste-vv-silver/
Those go up to 11w but I saw the mvp 2 on sale and that went up to 15w. The battery life on the mvp is fantastic and that's one thing you wont have with the itaste vw. The mvp looks great with pt but you might need a $1 adapter. It's a good time to buy right now. Due to all the focus on high wattage gear, a lot of the older, but still good stuff is on closeout sales.

TogaJon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'stick mini...And add the airflow control,You remove the base,swap the coil into the air control base and reinstall on the mini pro tank 3...It also fits the AeroTank and ProTank 2 and 3....I drilled out the holes (3) with a 3/32" drill Hits good!....Z

This was my starting kit when I began vaping and now my mate still uses it happily.

VU Sponsors