Become a Patron!

So little discussion of Yihi SxMini M class and other boards like SX350???

RebelGolfer72

Guilty as charged
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
From what I've seen the bug fixes are:
No longer defaulting to M1 when exiting menu system and places you back at your previously selected Mx selection.
Doesn't lose Power or Joule settings if adjusted in the menu system after exiting and selecting another Mx location
Can no longer circumvent 75J setting with Ni200 mode because that limitation is no longer present.

Added Features are:
Manual TCR
Temperature Compensation
75J in Ni200 mode

There's two bugs that I'm aware of testing with single 18650 in this release, let me know if you find any and how to reproduce them and I'll add them to my bug list.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the temperature compensation used to adjust for if your coil is not exactly the same temp as the mod?

Vlad1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ok homie... What's temperature compensation?
Is that like when a dude with no weenie gets a big jacked up truck?(no offense to anyone)

I don't have a ton of info on it or how they intended its use but I equate it to using an offset on your temperature setting. You can adjust it up or down to get a warmer or cooler vaping experience in order for you to get your "Perfect Taste" :)

But here's a quote from someone with better connection to Yihi and more info than I.
TCR is an absolute and many things effect the setting including ambient temperature and changes to said temp, so they added the offset as a subjective method to dial in your 'experience'.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I don't have a ton of info on it or how they intended its use but I equate it to using an offset on your temperature setting. You can adjust it up or down to get a warmer or cooler vaping experience in order for you to get your "Perfect Taste" :)

But here's a quote from someone with better connection to Yihi and more info than I.
TCR is an absolute and many things effect the setting including ambient temperature and changes to said temp, so they added the offset as a subjective method to dial in your 'experience'.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the temperature compensation used to adjust for if your coil is not exactly the same temp as the mod?

So a better assholio thing.
Got it thanks!

RebelGolfer72

Guilty as charged
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Fuck! I wish they could be more cryptic in how they described it!

From what I'm seeing, the compensation is almost like a "tolerance" number-- how many ° it will allow it to vary above/below the set value. Just wish the units there matched the units you set your temp with

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Fuck! I wish they could be more cryptic in how they described it!

From what I'm seeing, the compensation is almost like a "tolerance" number-- how many ° it will allow it to vary above/below the set value. Just wish the units there matched the units you set your temp with
I set mine to 0 .... For now. When I understand it more then ill start the fiddle fucking

Vlad1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I set mine to 0 .... For now. When I understand it more then ill start the fiddle fucking

Think you'd be closer to correct temp leaving it at 25C as that's closer to normal room temp. Think 0 will be anemic 50 will be hot er

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Think you'd be closer to correct temp leaving it at 25C as that's closer to normal room temp. Think 0 will be anemic 50 will be hot er
Well, I'm always bouncing between inside and outside so I was figuring 0 would just keep it as if I weren't using that feature

I'll play with it over the next few days

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So... The 350j is 60w. It was 50j, but can do 75j with Ti. So when you say no more limitation... Does that mean all TC is 75j limit not.

Vlad1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So... The 350j is 60w. It was 50j, but can do 75j with Ti. So when you say no more limitation... Does that mean all TC is 75j limit not.

I've only been referencing single 18650 as I don't have the extension. But it's 75 (J or W depending on mode) for either TI, Ni, Manual TCR or Power mode with single battery. I don't know what it tops out at with dual battery configs.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yep, that's what I meant. At first it was 60w. But that is a hair under for some stuff. My D2 does 75w and 60-75 comes in handy depending. So for a single 18650, that can do 75 watts or joules and SS.... I just might get the SX mini. About as big as the D2. I just wish it wasn't taller like it is.

I don't really care about latest greatest ML, or software for this. I have a DNA200 to play with. But this might be nice.

harpo1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
From what I've seen the bug fixes are:
No longer defaulting to M1 when exiting menu system and places you back at your previously selected Mx selection.
Doesn't lose Power or Joule settings if adjusted in the menu system after exiting and selecting another Mx location
Can no longer circumvent 75J setting with Ni200 mode because that limitation is no longer present.

Added Features are:
Manual TCR
Temperature Compensation
75J in Ni200 mode

There's two bugs that I'm aware of testing with single 18650 in this release, let me know if you find any and how to reproduce them and I'll add them to my bug list.
I see the Manual TCR in the menu system but where is the Temperature Compensation adjustment at?

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Snipped...
About as big as the D2. I just wish it wasn't taller like it is.

I don't really care about latest greatest ML, or software for this.

It is a tad taller than my last mod but fits well in my average size man hand.
20151013_135908-1.jpg

You will buy what you will buy but the one thing that I could nit pick about the M is the fine thread battery cap. Course thread will be so much better to deal with and you will be replacing batteries a couple times a day so it may be a bit of a grrrr to you too.

I am probably going to spend ~$30 on an aftermarket cap (that still uses fine thread but I think it should make battery swaps easier). That's about the difference between the M & ML if you decide like me that you need a little less grrrr from the cap :D

Last edited:

harpo1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It comes up after you lock your atty resistance in
Thanks. I found the answer over on ECF as well. Now I can use my Crowns with the stock coils in TC mode on the SX Mini M as well. Great update.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was just talked to David over at Vaporlips he got me all excited so the 350J now has a new update so all the profiles can be configured on the box..
Cool stuff so I decided to buy one... I have held out long enough

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ya, that's what I really want to get clear... The firmware update upgrades the SX mini to 75w/75j in power and TC mode. Is this correct?

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've only been referencing single 18650 as I don't have the extension. But it's 75 (J or W depending on mode) for either TI, Ni, Manual TCR or Power mode with single battery. I don't know what it tops out at with dual battery configs.

From this post it seems 75j regardless of what TC wire you are using. And 75w for power mode.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It is a tad taller than my last mod but fits well in my average size man hand.
View attachment 30685

You will buy what you will buy but the one thing that I could nit pick about the M is the fine thread battery cap. Course thread will be so much better to deal with and you will be replacing batteries a couple times a day so it may be a bit of a grrrr to you too.

I am probably going to spend ~$30 on an aftermarket cap (that still uses fine thread but I think it should make battery swaps easier). That's about the difference between the M & ML if you decide like me that you need a little less grrrr from the cap :D
I ordered a DNA200, which I'm not regretting... But it is a bit thick. I was going to keep one of my D2s for a mini mod. But I might get the SX mini now. I've seen it before, but it didn't seem too mini. But who knows, maybe I was comparing it to something else. Looking at the size, it's not too bad. And it's thin so it should still be portable. Already using single 18650s, so that isn't a problem. Won't be my only one. So ya, not sure about the cap, or whether it will bug me. I can see why it would.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I was just talked to David over at Vaporlips he got me all excited so the 350J now has a new update so all the profiles can be configured on the box..
Cool stuff so I decided to buy one... I have held out long enough
Love David n vapor lips. Great mods

Spelling Errors compliments of my Samsung Galaxy S5 Dumbphone

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Love David n vapor lips. Great mods

Spelling Errors compliments of my Samsung Galaxy S5 Dumbphone
Yeah he is a cool guy.. He just had to get me all worked up and I do not get paid until Thursday morning hahah
So DNA 200 coming in 150W 350J with profiles on the box man what else do I need ohh
The Blue laser firing mod that is in the future the Blaze :) <--- I wish

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ordered a DNA200, which I'm not regretting... But it is a bit thick. I was going to keep one of my D2s for a mini mod. But I might get the SX mini now. I've seen it before, but it didn't seem too mini. But who knows, maybe I was comparing it to something else. Looking at the size, it's not too bad. And it's thin so it should still be portable. Already using single 18650s, so that isn't a problem. Won't be my only one. So ya, not sure about the cap, or whether it will bug me. I can see why it would.

Yeah, size is a factor for me. It is in suit pants pockets during the day and anything bigger looks like I have a brick in my pocket... or I'm really happy to see someone o_O

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, size is a factor for me. It is in suit pants pockets during the day and anything bigger looks like I have a brick in my pocket... or I'm really happy to see someone o_O
Yeah I think that I may have to pick one up when I have to do my few times a year trek to ungodly lands in the name of The computer gods..
Size is always a problem :)

harpo1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So with the new firmware you still can't adjust to 75J when you have ni200 selected as your coil. Is this correct?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So with the new firmware you still can't adjust to 75J when you have ni200 selected as your coil. Is this correct?
Negative, cap. 75w across the board now. Unless you're in eco mode

harpo1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Negative, cap. 75w across the board now. Unless you're in eco mode
yeah for some reason it wouldn't adjust past 50J but a power cycle fixed it. Now on to getting my tcr setup for my crown with the .5 ohm stock coil in it.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
does anyone know, or can tell me a good place to check to find out if they will be releasing a similar update for the 3li

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What do mean? The latest update for the LI s
Adds 200w / 100j and adds TI support

Sent from my C6740N using Tapatalk

harpo1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What do mean? The latest update for the LI s
Adds 200w / 100j and adds TI support

Probably wondering about manual TCR. Plus it only does 50J with Ni200.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
i want them to release an update similar to the M class for the 3li
adding SS TC and letting ni200 mode go to 75J an dwhatever manual TCR is if its worth it
so im wondering where i can look for info into that or where to check

i looked on the p4u website and no info there
i sent them an email, waiting on a response

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
i want them to release an update similar to the M class for the 3li
adding SS TC and letting ni200 mode go to 75J an dwhatever manual TCR is if its worth it
so im wondering where i can look for info into that or where to check

i looked on the p4u website and no info there
i sent them an email, waiting on a response
You might want to email yihi customer service and ask them

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Since the M class and, 350j v2 just got the upgrade I doubt you will see anything if if they add SS I would be suprised

harpo1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

So do you like vaping SS in TC or Power Mode? I'm on the fence right now but I'm leaning toward power mode.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Since the M class and, 350j v2 just got the upgrade I doubt you will see anything if if they add SS I would be suprised

well i would almost expect it
the sx mini m class was the premeir single battery mod
the 3li is the best most powerful dual bat mod from p4u
and i believe the Sig 150TC uses the same board but no usb for upgrade

so if I am correct the 3li is the highest end mod with a yihi board in a standard dual batt config that does not have the 350 board

now the quetsions are can the 3li board handle the upgrade and if so will they release it

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So do you like vaping SS in TC or Power Mode? I'm on the fence right now but I'm leaning toward power mode.
I prefer it in tc mode.
It's the consistent, smooth vape that I like.
On the DNA I am at 48w/470degrees, with an 8 punch and preheat of 75w
On the sxm I'm at 50j/490degrees in powerFU+

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes you are correct but it's going to be End if life Yihi is surely working on a answer to the Evolv. DNA 200 .. Probably any time now we will see something knew. If you want the features and power get a mod with the 350j

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yes you are correct but it's going to be End if life Yihi is surely working on a answer to the Evolv. DNA 200 .. Probably any time now we will see something knew. If you want the features and power get a mod with the 350j

Been hearing RUMORS of a Gclass, sx350jv2 vboard with dual series 18650
Possible Xmas release
On gammys grave I've only heard rumors and that's all I knows

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Been hearing RUMORS of a Gclass, sx350jv2 vboard with dual series 18650
Possible Xmas release
On gammys grave I've only heard rumors and that's all I knows
What are the features beyond the M and J

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
What are the features beyond the M and J

The m class is getting replaced by the ML class which is the 350k v2 board. A few additional features like sxiq(have no clue what the hell that is but the rumor is its yihi's answer to escribe.
Additionally the Gclass (again rumor) is supposedly going to be a dual battery version of the ml class giving it the full 150w of power.

^^^please don't read to much in the above, none is confirmed other than the ml class will be a reality, the rest is conjecture on my part, from rumors I've read around^^^^

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
are there any mods besides the sx and custom that use the 350 chip?
Get this one its under 300

564db9f57b5c1527a20cecef4685d83d.jpg

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The m class is getting replaced by the ML class which is the 350k v2 board. A few additional features like sxiq(have no clue what the hell that is but the rumor is its yihi's answer to escribe.
Additionally the Gclass (again rumor) is supposedly going to be a dual battery version of the ml class giving it the full 150w of power.

^^^please don't read to much in the above, none is confirmed other than the ml class will be a reality, the rest is conjecture on my part, from rumors I've read around^^^^
Cool thx

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
i look at it like this
if you want a 40w device that is a box mod, and need nothing else, and want possibly the best built, longest lasting device, with after warranty service at a fair price, and you are willing to pay 200 the provari is the best on the market. Because lets be sensible. say you buy a dna200 mod for the customizations and tc, and then dont use it, and it is that part of the mod that breaks in such a way, that it renders the entire device unusable, and its after warranty.
Now you have to pay to fix it, where as on the provari didnt have that stuff to break your mod in the first place. The provari has less things to go wrong built in. SO there is an argument to be made if ALL YOU NEED is 40W, then the Provari is the better deal.

My only real grip with the device is 40W is a little anemic in my opinion with all the tanks on the market using dual coils that can push 50-60watts easy and need that much power to make those tanks shine such as Starre,Crown, Triforce, maganus, billow v2 depending on your build, etc. NOw with this upgradable thing in it maybe they will increase its power, maybe not, it may just be a gimmick.

Now the sx mini M class has everything people are using in the dna200 with just less customization options. it has a smaller form factor, and it uses what most of us have 18650s instead of lipos, but its dependibility has been questioned by some, even @AmandaD had hers just up and die on her.

I personally am sticking with my d2 and 3li for a while, and going to keep an eye on the VS dna200 and see if as advertised, it may be the last mod I NEED (not necessarily the last one I want), if something NEW doesnt come around in 5-6 months that the dna200 cant do, then the dna200 with the VS reputation may be my best bet, cuz I hate buying a new mod every time something else comes along.

The Hcigar Vt200 is a really nice DNA 200 mod too and you can get them for $150. Its super light, feels good in the hand, it built well and has a 1300 lipo instead of the VaporShark 900 one. The only drawback for the Hcigar over the VaporShark is that if you want to change batteries, you have to unscrew the battery compartment instead of having a magnetic battery door. But personally, i wouldn't change the batteries on a regular basis with either one since there's too much of a chance of pulling the wires from the connectors on either device.

the vt200 also comes with a 1 year warranty

Last edited:

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Doesn't matter if it is a rumor or not... it will happen. It's perfectly logical. The tanks and sub ohm is moving too fast. All the 350 builders are only doing dual 350js. Not even bothering with singles. So maybe IPV will put out a single mini... D2.2. A couple may join because it really is a good usable mod. But DNA and 350j builders will continue with more power... 26650 batteries at the least. Yihi pretty much has to do a double. And then honestly... as far as coils go... I think that is going to be it. 150-200w. I'm already choking.... I don't need a fire hose. :)

But induction heating... that might need 300W :)

VU Sponsors