Become a Patron!

So little discussion of Yihi SxMini M class and other boards like SX350???

NOLA_Willie

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I bought the anodized black cap from Nathan and it
is awesome on fit and finish.

Sparks

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Aftermarket cap showed up.
Threads are sharper and a little deeper so it threads in & out nicely.
Caps a little taller so more of it sticks out to grab onto taking it out.

All in all a nice improvement, wish yihi just made a decent cap to start with but for those willing to throw a twenty at the problem, at least there's a solution. Well, besides a $200 ml class to fix the cap problem but I like the $20 option better :D

View attachment 34237
View attachment 34238
I've had mine now for a few weeks and this cap in stainless puts the fun back into the M for sure, prior to this cap changing batteries was just something I dreaded, a 100% improvement in a major way and certainly does make me wonder just what YiHi was NOT thinking when they got to the battery cap design considering the rest of the mod being so damn solid and near flawless in design and operation,
I'm sure glad to that there are guys like Nathan at Elavated Vape who are doer's and got this cap design manufactured since I was always just sitting here measuring and drawing up designs but never getting anywhere,
This is frankly hands down as near as I can recall the very best aftermarket part I've ever HAD to buy and the fella who got it done is quit the guy and about as honest and dependable as they come for sure..!!SX Mini M Custom Cap EVA Best.JPG

Sparks

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Say thought I'd ask around to see if any of you good vapers, and or bad... LOL Might happen to know what size tap would work to clean up the crap threads I've got in my "M's" battery tube,
I've got the pitch as 0.5 fine, then I've measured the OEM outside diameter with calipers and by using the flat so not to get a reading in between the threads I got 19.86 mm +/- on OEM, then I've measured the FANTASTIC aftermarket cap by Nathan at Elevated and got a measure of 19.94 mm +/- so just wondering if anyone would happen to know what size tap would work to run it through the lousy threading that Yihi did on my tube allowing for the depth of the threads, it don't want to attempt to clean it up and end up buying something that's going to end up resizing it instead like to deep on threads or something.
It's as if the mod was jiggled while threading the tube, it starts a bit ruff, then goes good, then hits a snag again about 2/3rd the way to flush.
I'll tell you, I've been using the cap from Elevated and once I've got it set right and navigate it through the bad threads it's a dream and has made changing batteries SO mush nicer, I was just at the verge of putting the SX on the shelf,
Just now went and tried the old OEM cap again and NO thanks I'll be sticking with this new Elevated cap, Wow kind of forgot just how bad the OEM really was.
Anyhow if one of you more machinist minded types would happen to know the precise size tap needed I'd sure appreciate it if you'd drop a mention. That would make my mod then perfect as it should have been for $200, really..
Also might mention that was talking to the manufacturer of this new cap as I got one of the first stainless when he first released them after the aluminum ones and man it's awesome, he told me last night he's going to have a new batch on or around Saturday which would be the 12th and being I was worried about missing out on getting another cap convinced him to open it up for pre-orders and was also told he's going to have about 50 or so in black hopefully before Xmas which would be nice since I have the all black and had originally ordered the aluminum in black but he swapped it for me to the new stainless he'd just came out with and I couldn't be happier.
Just want a spare and am thinking about getting another SX but not really liking YiHI's HUGE SX Mini on the side of it, to much logo for me.
Thanks in advance..!

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ask Nathan, he'll tell you exactly what it is.
Post it here if you could because I need to donthe same thing.

Sparks

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ask Nathan, he'll tell you exactly what it is.
Post it here if you could because I need to donthe same thing.
Ya, you can believe I have asked that for sure a number of times but don't want to be a pain,
Either he's very busy or maybe secret, but he told me that he'd have to ask his machinists as it's my take that though he designed it he isn't actually the hands on with the tooling it's his machinist and he's said he'd ask so he's probably just forgot.
I'll ask again here soon since I just got a message from him and waiting for him to reply, you can bet I'll post it for sure, just hoping the tap isn't just crazy odd ball size and expensive, maybe I could buy it and then rent a tap... LOL That probably wouldn't last to long.
I know I'm not the only person with this tube issue, great cap or not, that threading is what made the OEM absolutely maddening and now even with buggered up threads the new cap makes it like night and day.
Like changing a battery in a couple minutes or less if I nail it first time instead of 15 minutes or more with the old oem, that was just insane nuts.. and I've got some nerve damage in my spine that messes with my fingers so this is sweet and that little extra cap you can grab, man awesome for me.
But ya, I sure will post it, I've seen other forums with so many mentions of just that tube threading issue, and cap, seems everyone or most got YiHi'd What were they thinking? Must have gotten tired by the time they got to that part of the design I suppose..

VU Sponsors