• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KeepItSimpleStupid

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was drying my wick real good to put a different juice in my Big Dripper V2 and I flashed it too long and the coils began glowing and then wala.......flamesssss, so I did it again for a video cause I wanted to show how even someone whose been building for a little while can make stupid mistakes, and it happened because 1 i obviously let it get to dry at the coil not paying enough attention 2 flashing it to long while it was dry to the point where the coils started glowing and 3 because it wasn't wicked good enough and I realized that when I pulled it out, not enough cotton...it wasn't snug in the coil and in turn coils weren't getting max heat to the wick to pull juice all the way threw and it showed cause the ends were still saturated with juice, atleast that's my take on it......that's what my common sense told me but if im wrong let me know

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
PG is flammable so why I dry burn with no cotton it always catches fire. no biggie I just blow it out. sometimes I let it burn to burn off all the old juice if I'm changing flavors but not too long, I don't want to melt the insulators.

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've had a coil fire, but it wasn't dry. I was just trying 120 watts with apparently not enough airflow. Went out as soon as I let go of the button, but that throat hit.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
On another note, starting a fire on top of a roll of toilet paper probably wasn't the smartest idea you've ever had.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
22 ga enter post build on a high amp rig.. ya if stranded I am starting fires with that shit or cauterizing a wound shot.

VU Sponsors