So What Really Happened?

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Whatever. VU is back. It was bad timing but who cares, water under the bridge.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
As the title states?

Was is drama or other BS, surely if this site was to have an upgrade, they would announce it before hand.
chicken-funny-photos-81.jpg

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hmmm. You were singing a very different tune on reddit.
No I wasn't. I was just asking what was going on. Perhaps you should take your tin foil hat off.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I guess my answer is:
None of your fucking business and none of my fucking business.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's obvious what's happened: Joe introduced the new badges, but didn't realize quite how many silver, gold and platinum badges he'd have to give away. As the new badges turned out to be wildly popular, he had to shut down the business temporarily to avoid a run on his stock of badges and going bust.

Now that the site has reopened, you'll notice the badges aren't real silver, gold or platinum anymore. They're just bits of GIFs that are essentially "promises to pay", that aren't backed by anything of real value. Joe is safe now, and can mint as many as he wants without any consequences, and without the badge holders being any the wiser.

Last edited:

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ok..ill spill the beans...what happen was the dog saw a cat then the bulls ran into the field so the fish jumped out of the water and then the car broke down so i wasnt able to do the dishes because the dryer broke.. and then my light bulb went out in the toilet...so i asked them to shut the site down because i was having a bad day.

Last edited:

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
No I wasn't. I was just asking what was going on. Perhaps you should take your tin foil hat off.
Right... I remember something about vaper 69ing freemind while joe watched and censored it... something like that. Perhaps it was someone else who happends to have a problem with the 2 same people.

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I posted this under Website Issues, and am doing so here since there seems to be more eyes here:

I believe there's still an issue with VU where the "shut down for maintenance" message keeps re-appearing.

For us Windows users, we have to to constantly open a Command window and enter "ipconfig /flushdns"

Hopefully there's something you guys can check behind the scenes to resolve this.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Some people are still having issues @moecat mine was doing that but it stopped around 30 minutes ago.
now it's running smooth.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Right... I remember something about vaper 69ing freemind while joe watched and censored it... something like that. Perhaps it was someone else who happends to have a problem with the 2 same people.
Yeah, I said that, so what? It was obviously a joke unless you ACTUALLY believed I thought that was what was going on. What's that got to do with now? The site is back up now. It's water under the bridge. Am I suppose to continue talking about it now that drama is over? Get a grip.

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Some people are still having issues @moecat mine was doing that but it stopped around 30 minutes ago.
now it's running smooth.
Unfortunately on my end the problem is recurring.

I don't think I'm alone in this matter either.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been up and down for the last day or so...will the uptime stick now? I hope so...really think this could've been handled better with advance warning, or at least an acknowledgment on the VJ blog, which kept pumping out sale ads the whole time. All in all it's not my venue and I can't complain because the price of membership is right, but if you're gonna kill the site again for a couple days in the future some notice would be appreciated, as would updates on (what I'm assuming is a higher-revenue platform) VJ, which appears to be disconnected from the forum.

kingworm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
th

did you try turning it on and off?

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah, I said that, so what? It was obviously a joke unless you ACTUALLY believed I thought that was what was going on. What's that got to do with now? The site is back up now. It's water under the bridge. Am I suppose to continue talking about it now that drama is over? Get a grip.
You are a coward. Joke my ass. Talking shit on a different forum... thats low. What is it? Are you scared of @freemind

kingworm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
pics or it didnt happen

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok, I've been flushing my DNS and clearing my browser history - including cache - for what seems like every few minutes.

Still consistently running into the "site is down for maintenance" message.

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I am having no problems with tapatalk.

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just saying that the whole site seems quiet, and you can't only just attribute this to Easter.

L

Lighty269

The ip address is still propagating, it would appear the server was moved.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My access has been up and down for the last 12 hour or so.

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Maybe people havent realised its back up?
Quite possibly.

Also possible that security features have been added that are working "too" well in some cases, at least.

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
For those of you who use Google Chrome on your laptop or desktop computer, DotVPN is a free add-on from the Chrome Web Store. This has allowed me to use VU without slamming into the stupid "site down for maintenance" page.

To make it work in VU, you have to turn off Ad Blocker.

L

Lighty269

Like I stated earlier it won't matter, this site is propagating. For those who have routers if you can get the message out change DNS servers to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 these are Googles DNS servers, so you will never miss out on an update again.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Or just clear your browsing history.....that's all I had to do and I have chrome

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Like I stated earlier it won't matter, this site is propagating. For those who have routers if you can get the message out change DNS servers to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 these are Googles DNS servers, so you will never miss out on an update again.
Thanks. Will give that a shot

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The next time it goes down for sever maintenence, just do some binge watching on Netflix for a day or so. The new Trailer Park Boys is out now by the way. Shit, I didnt even notice it was down.

Im glad its back up for those that need their daily fix. :) Im sure the Mods enjoyed the break, not that they do much on this forum ( by design thank goodness)

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL, just grazed the surface but yes yes to all that Thunder.....LOL

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Can you please warn us next time??
NOT COOL!!
BIGBOYVAPER
Well, there were rumors from people who work here that it wasnt really planned, so there is that.

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
In the end it really doesn't matter why it was down, but it would be nice to get real answer, and not some cryptic bullshit from the people who actually know.
Unless I missed it somewhere?

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I might understand, I grew up in Jersey and New York. 98% of my family are still there. 2% are still in NY. I'm the only straggler:D

In the end it really doesn't matter why it was down, but it would be nice to get real answer, and not some cryptic bullshit from the people who actually know.
Unless I missed it somewhere?
Based on Smokie ' s meme, a bunch of bird brains with bad haircuts and wearing wife beaters fucked up the works. Sounds plausible!

Yes I'm originally from NJ, too ... minus wife beater...

dave/jayce

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I didn't realize there would be issues or ppl going at it like this because VU shut down for a day or two. Yea it sucked, I'm here just about all day besides when that thing called work gets in the way. There are more things in life than VU ppl, is it really that deep that it was down for a lil time? Mayb mods wanted time off maybe it is a scandal, maybe it was a server upgrade, maybe it was just for the fuck off it, or to see how ppl would react whatever it is the REAL reason I don't give a rats ass, I'm glad it back and all is good and hope all is good behind the scenes so it stays but there is life out there besides VU and talking vaping shit.....welcome back everyone happy Easter!!!!

VU Sponsors